Idea for WX-78 rework (sry for reposting but i got some new ideas)

I got an idea for WX-78 rework and I wanted to share it with you.

So, intstead of hunger he would have fuel points. If the player doesn't move no fuel will be consumed. Moving, attacking, mining rocks, etc. will consume some (fuel would be consumed 2x slower than hunger).
Fuel can be refilled by:
-gears (+40 points, +40 health, + 30 sanity),
-electrical doodad (+25 points, +15 health, +5 sanity),
-nightmare fuel (+30 points, -15 sanity),
-volt goat milk ("35 points, +30 health, also charges him like a lighting for 1 min),
-any food that gives hunger but divided by 2,5.

His max stats would be a little nerfed:
350 health
250 sanity
200 fuel (hunger)

In fight he would get an ability called "zap". It would happen randomly. This ability would multiply WX next attack by 1.10x to 2x (depends on how much gears you have eaten)
Your worst nightmare will now be rain and wetness. Damage dealt by rain will be a little increased. If WX is exposed to water for too long he will begin to rust. Rust will slow down the player, make him attack slower and pretty much make him do everything as slow as snail. But there will be solution for this and its called "lubricant". To craft it you will need:
1 bee stinger
4 ashes
5 rot

His starting items would be:
1 lubricant
3 electrical doodads

Also since he is a robot he will turn off instead of sleep (like a different pose or something) when hit by gestalt and every other thing that makes you sleep.

He will get an exclusive crockpot dish "the cog of war". Indigrients:
1 gears
1 lubricant
1 voltgoat horn
filler (can't be meat, vegetable or fruit (so sticks and ice will come in handy))
This dish would give him:
70 fuel
60 health
50 sanity
1,3x speed boost (5 mins)
2x DMG (5 mins)
Cog of war can be seasoned (kinda weird but DST isn't very realistic). Combined with voltgoat jelly it gives a massive DMG boost.

He will be more resistant to cold and heat. WX would also work as lighting rod attracting lightingbolts.

The last thing i want to add is some resistances and weaknesses:
7% DMG reduction to dry enemies,
5% more DMG from wet enemies.

So spring is basically nightmare. Eyebrella is godlike. WX with warly is a DMG monster. I really hope for a rework for my favorite character in any form.

Anyways ,thanks for reading my gibberish. Have a good day (or night)!

Cool list, but I want every character in the games reworks to focus on one very vital thing- Team Work. 

Team Work related rant in Spoiler-

Spoiler

Team Work does not mean forced teamwork.. the character should still be perfectly playable solo- but good examples of Team Work are Wendy and Abigails petal Bestowment buff she applies to everything Abigail attacks, Willow and being able to provide other players with lighters (10x more durable then standard torch) and Bernie dolls (will animate to life and draw the attention of Shadow creatures away from the player when their low sanity) and Winona’s Catapults which can be set up near Sinkholes to kill bats for players.

For WX78 I want it to be more like Wormwood (being able to provide other characters with useful stuff at the cost of its own function) like for example instead of eating every gears in sight.. maybe it could reach into its own chest and pull gears and electrical doodads out for other players to use?

Your idea isn’t bad, it’s just thats it doesn’t have any TEAM WORK abilities like Wendy, Willow & Winona..

I hope that Klei will redesign every character that functions best in Solo play to each bring something worthwhile to team play.

Even the most recent rework Wigfrid and her Song Scrolls, Those scrolls could have been designed to ONLY work for Wigfrid but instead- they buff anyone that’s near a Wigfrid.

Seems pretty clear to me that every rework so far has been focused on bringing new team utility.. and there’s still several (like WX78, Wolfgang & Wes) who were better designed for Solo Play.

Give them abilities that benefit Team play, even WURT who people see as mostly useless can provide other non-Wurt players with Masks to safely travel through swamps amongst Merms.. I actually was able to help a complete Noob on Xbox with this once because he died and lost his stuff to Merms in a swamp-

This guy I gotta give him credit he was determined to get his stuff back no matter how many times he died trying, he refused help and wanted to learn the game himself but I eventually just got tired of watching him Die and gave him a Clever Disguise, I then explained to him that no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t make that item because it’s a WURT exclusive craftable item.. so I Helped him with my characters own exclusive perks- And didn’t help him by showing up to help him at all in fighting them (just as he had asked not to be helped)

He later thanked me and ended up purchasing Wurt, but my point is- Your WX78 ideas does not bring anything like that to the table..

I am tired of the characters who perform best by themselves, and I’m glad that every rework Klei has done so far has given them each something that encourages Team play.

as gimmicky as it feels even WALTERS Campfire stories helps boost sanity of players standing near it at night.

WX78 just eats all gears and becomes OP,

Wolfgang just empties the fridge to be OP, 

Wes just burns through more weapons then he needs to, 

None of them CURRENTLY have any useful perk (no matter how big or how small) to benefit an entire group, and that’s the kind of Reworks I want to see.

You could argue that Wolfgang’s 2x damage is his Team perk but it just isn’t enough.. all that does is make him a one man wrecking crew. Why can’t he lift heavy objects without penalty? Or throw teammates over gaps of Water?

I sincerely hope that WX78 stops eating all gears and could maybe instead provide them for easier crafting of fridges, and also maybe lightning rods and alchemy engines with electrical doodads, even if WX just occasionally dropped frazzled wires when injured by rain fall would passively give players following him something to trade to Pig King for Gold

Please at least consider this :) 

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Cool list, but I want every character in the games reworks to focus on one very vital thing- Team Work. 

Reveal hidden contents

Team Work does not mean forced teamwork.. the character should still be perfectly playable solo- but good examples of Team Work are Wendy and Abigails petal Bestowment buff she applies to everything Abigail attacks, Willow and being able to provide other players with lighters (10x more durable then standard torch) and Bernie dolls (will animate to life and draw the attention of Shadow creatures away from the player when their low sanity) and Winona’s Catapults which can be set up near Sinkholes to kill bats for players.

For WX78 I want it to be more like Wormwood (being able to provide other characters with useful stuff at the cost of its own function) like for example instead of eating every gears in sight.. maybe it could reach into its own chest and pull gears and electrical doodads out for other players to use?

Your idea isn’t bad, it’s just thats it doesn’t have any TEAM WORK abilities like Wendy, Willow & Winona..

I hope that Klei will redesign every character that functions best in Solo play to each bring something worthwhile to team play.

Even the most recent rework Wigfrid and her Song Scrolls, Those scrolls could have been designed to ONLY work for Wigfrid but instead- they buff anyone that’s near a Wigfrid.

Seems pretty clear to me that every rework so far has been focused on bringing new team utility.. and there’s still several (like WX78, Wolfgang & Wes) who were better designed for Solo Play.

Give them abilities that benefit Team play, even WURT who people see as mostly useless can provide other non-Wurt players with Masks to safely travel through swamps amongst Merms.. I actually was able to help a complete Noob on Xbox with this once because he died and lost his stuff to Merms in a swamp-

This guy I gotta give him credit he was determined to get his stuff back no matter how many times he died trying, he refused help and wanted to learn the game himself but I eventually just got tired of watching him Die and gave him a Clever Disguise, I then explained to him that no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t make that item because it’s a WURT exclusive craftable item.. so I Helped him with my characters own exclusive perks- And didn’t help him by showing up to help him at all in fighting them (just as he had asked not to be helped)

He later thanked me and ended up purchasing Wurt, but my point is- Your WX78 ideas does not bring anything like that to the table..

I am tired of the characters who perform best by themselves, and I’m glad that every rework Klei has done so far has given them each something that encourages Team play.

as gimmicky as it feels even WALTERS Campfire stories helps boost sanity of players standing near it at night.

None of them CURRENTLY have any useful perk (no matter how big or how small) to benefit an entire group, and that’s the kind of Reworks I want to see.

You could argue that Wolfgang’s 2x damage is his Team perk but it just isn’t enough.. all that does is make him a one man wrecking crew. Why can’t he lift heavy objects without penalty? Or throw teammates over gaps of Water?

I sincerely hope that WX78 stops eating all gears and could maybe instead provide them for easier crafting of fridges, and also maybe lightning rods and alchemy engines with electrical doodads, even if WX just occasionally dropped frazzled wires when injured by rain fall would passively give players following him something to trade to Pig King for Gold

Yes team work is very important in this game. With a good team you can destroy anything in seconds. But i like the idea of WX-78 being a tank and also a decent attacker. I forgot one item that could refil his stats frazzled wires. 

On 12/12/2020 at 10:23 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Reveal hidden contents

teamwork should depends on players not characters.

10 hours ago, DARTH said:

teamwork should depends on players not characters.

I mean, every character can be more or less helpful to the team, depending on who's playing them. The whole point of different characters, is that they encourage or require different play-styles, or can help the team in different ways. There's nothing inherently wrong with a simpler character that's basically just a beefy warrior, like WX-78 or Wolfgang. If you wanted the player to be the sole deciding factor for teamwork, there would only be Wilson in the game.

As for the original post - this doesn't seem great. Swapping food for fuel means that he's consuming different resources, but that's not necessarily good. Most of those resources are a lot harder to come by than food, so he'd go from being a relatively new-player-friendly character, to one that you have to manage carefully, or else run out of resources. The damage boosts and resistances seem a bit gimmicky, plus...nothing for electrical damage? Machines getting fried by electricity is a staple of, well life, but also fiction.  : )

Archived