Regarding the possibility of Webber's rework....

As we all know, Webber seems to be by far the most requested rework in the last of Adam_Webster's polls, posted on December 1st 2020. As such, I believe it's fair to expect an update for our eight-legged boy as soon as February or March (January perhaps?).

image.thumb.png.8f2f606756be62bbedcc33ce5d9daa8f.png

This post will be dedicated to discussing the lore updates that said rework may bring.

For example, I myself don't know whether to think that we will be seeing Webber's death from a witnessing perspective; it wouldn't be the first time a character dies in one of Klei's animations (Willow's, for example), but I simply can't see them making something so explicit for an update. Maybe we'll get a Woodie-style short, more centered around new abilities than the character's past? Who knows.

20 minutes ago, CheeseQueen2 said:

As such, I believe it's fair to expect an update for our eight-legged boy as soon as January or February (December perhaps?).

A forum poll does not dictate when something will happen lol. At this point it has become a meme to want the webber rework next, doesnt mean its ready. Theyve probably been working on the next rework before that poll was even made. All that aside, im also really curious what they will show us of webber's background!

well if i had to put my guess.the next rework will come out on either march April or may.one of those three

but that doesn't mean it will be webber. theres a high chance that the next rework is webber but that doesn't mean its guaranteed.it could be a maxwell rework next for all we know.

20 minutes ago, Ohan said:

A forum poll does not dictate when something will happen lol

6 minutes ago, stranger again said:

but that doesn't mean it will be webber. theres a high chance that the next rework is webber but that doesn't mean its guaranteed.it could be a maxwell rework next for all we know.

Oh, don't worry! I'm very aware of that... Still, I just think the wait might be made shorter if we all voice our preferences! But it's ok if it doesn't work that way.

:wilson_blush: Thank you for answering to my post, this is my first time writing a discussion in the forum and I'm a bit nervous.

Webber’s rework will come when Klei gets ready for it to come, my only hope is that they’ll do more with spiders, and also adding brand New Spider Types into the game in the process (hence why he probably hasn’t been reworked already) 

What I DON’T want is for them to focus on the Boy part of Webber at all outside of just his short or compendium lore.. For him to suddenly go from friend of spiders to little Farmer Boy just sounds like ruining what was once a good character.

Thats MY Opinion though- I want a character that can befriend spiders to have more interaction with spiders, and more spider like abilities.. Fingers Crossed his rework ends up exciting for me.

My vote on who will be reworked next however Isn’t Webber- It’s Wickerbottom, as much as Klei has been toying with her books with RWYS update.. I think they should go ahead and knock her refresh out.

But I don’t expect ANY Reworks till February or March.

the remaining content schedule has already been revealed WF (going on now) RWYS (coming in a week or so probably) Year of the Beefalo (coming January) 

Klei plans a holiday break after those for a bit. Right?

3 minutes ago, CheeseQueen2 said:

:wilson_blush: Thank you for answering to my post, this is my first time writing a discussion in the forum and I'm a bit nervous.

you have no need to be nervous.everyone here is kind and calm.its not like people will start insulting you or anything:lol:

well since i haven't said it.

Welcome to the forums. i hope you enjoy your time here:wilson_smile:

8 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

Maybe Webber will get an ability to swing around like Spider-Man.

But of course; the constant is renowned for its impressive high rise buildings and narrow streets for swinging purposes.

I gotta admit though; it would be pretty cool if Webber gets the ability to get past schisms in the caves by spending silk to climb onto caves' ceiling like a cave spider and reappear on the other side.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Webber’s rework will come when Klei gets ready for it to come, my only hope is that they’ll do more with spiders, and also adding brand New Spider Types into the game in the process (hence why he probably hasn’t been reworked already) 

I like the idea of having a variety of spiders to make Webber's advantages feel like a more essential ability in the game, but with around five species of them already present in the various DLCs, I just can't imagine how they would manage that. Unless they plan to introduce new taming mechanics, that is!

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

My vote on who will be reworked next however Isn’t Webber- It’s Wickerbottom, as much as Klei has been toying with her books with RWYS update.. I think they should go ahead and knock her refresh out.

It seems fair enough. Her update has been asked for as long as Webber, I think.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Webber’s rework will come when Klei gets ready for it to come

so... never? jokes aside, webber is the most tricky one to rework, since other characters had their specific role, for example, wigfrid is a bit fighter a bit fight-support character so let's buff i mean rework her this way, but webber doesn't have a specific role for the team, like, none (i don't count spider wars tho) so it's really hard for klei (i think) to rework webber in way that would be, hmmmm intended? (i don't have a good word to describe this really) so i wouldn't be surprised if webber would be the last character that got reworked.

my only hope is that they’ll do more with spiders, and also adding brand New Spider Types into the game in the process (hence why he probably hasn’t been reworked already)

I think adding a new types of spiders to the game would just make the game more complicated, like there are 7 (8 if counting venomous spiders from SW). I think webber's rework should give some kind of relation to a specific types of spiders than just packing more spiders to the game

the remaining content schedule has already been revealed WF (going on now) RWYS (coming in a week or so probably) Year of the Beefalo (coming January) 

also there's DLC for Oxygen Not Included coming

Never Before Have I Been So Offended By Something I One Hundred Percent  Agree With | Know Your Meme

There is always more room for more spider types/ Reworking the ones already in the game. 

Webber doesn’t feel special because he still uses most of the tools any old survivor uses, but when exploring ruins I see things like cave spiders slink down from the heavens and attack me (when not playing as Webber of Course) so then- why can’t they rework Webber so that he can’t craft the Grass Traps for catching small animals, and instead can plant cave dweller spiders that slink down and catch that prey for him?

You may be asking but how’s that going to work on the surface.. there’s no ceilings for them to slink down from.. Technically.. Hamlet has been in the skies above DST this whole time so they could be explained as slinking down from living underneath the bottom of Hamlet.

Now that there’s an Ocean in the game it wouldn’t hurt to have some sort of On the Ocean Spider mob either.

And personally I’d love to be able to recruit Cave Spitter Spiders and then command them to attack the targets I want them to spit at.. 

but that’s not all, Imagine being able to get those tough spiders that retract themselves back into their shell that live in caves and you can command those to hide in their shells to avoid taking as much (or any) damage from enemy attacks.

My point is that a Webber rework had better make spiders more useful, and Webber more unique to play as, because if Klei just focuses on the human part of him being a boy farmer it’s going to completely ruin the character for me.

I hope they’re taking their dear sweet time and coming up with ideas to make this refresh awesome, and wont just rush it to get it done.

i wish spiders would (for some time)  become neutral towards other characters after being befriended by webber.

that would allow him to bring armies of spiders to fight alongside other survivors, making webber a lot more "play with the team" character.

Archived