[Game Update] - 444364

I'm a huge fan of the style of this farming music personally. In my opinion it perfectly fits the theme lately of the survivors trying to enjoy leisure and hobbies while the constant is repeatedly beating the heck out of them through it all. This track really conveys the vibe of having fun farming crops together with some friends, while trying to ignore that survival depends on a good harvest.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I'm a huge fan of the style of this farming music personally. In my opinion it perfectly fits the theme lately of the survivors trying to enjoy leisure and hobbies while the constant is repeatedly beating the heck out of them through it all. This track really conveys the vibe of having fun farming crops together with some friends, while trying to ignore that survival depends on a good harvest.

i love the difference between solo ds, which is a game about insanity and death and the inevitability of losing all your progress (towards an ending that is just a trap)-- versus dst, which is about triumphing with friends and finding ways to beat the odds. 

:wilson_flower:

• Like 2

Hello. I have a suggestion on game settings. Would you consider letting a player to change some of world settings once or twice during world's existense. It can require certain day counts and difficult game achievements. Currently, a world's settings cannot be changed after creation. I have a world aged 4000 days and will be very very happy to change few settings.

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Burcucu said:

Hello. I have a suggestion on game settings. Would you consider letting a player to change some of world settings once or twice during world's existense. It can require certain day counts and difficult game achievements. Currently, a world's settings cannot be changed after creation. I have a world aged 4000 days and will be very very happy to change few settings.

I will add this to our list of Quality of Life update ideas. In the mean time, you might have some luck making a post asking if anyone knows how to change the settings you are interested in. Someone may be able to provide a console command or know of a mod that can do it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 2

3 minutes ago, Wizli said:

Since farming mechanics from the Gorge is implemented in the game, is there a chance that fighting mechanics from the Forge be implemented in the main game?

The combat is the same as in the main game, they just added new weapons with abilities and armors with differeant advantages

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wizli said:

Those abilities and items are the difference. 

Yet, they would make choosing a character havee almost no sense

If every character could use the hammer and deal an AoE stun, then wendy and woodie wouldnt be so special anymore, for example.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Yet, they would make choosing a character havee almost no sense

If every character could use the hammer and deal an AoE stun, then wendy and woodie wouldnt be so special anymore, for example.

No, you can make that the abilities and interactions with different weapons varies with character.

Edit: I think it would expand DST character a lot more. In the forge, character selection matters lot more than in the base game right now.

Edited by Wizli

8 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

I will add this to our list of Quality of Life update ideas.

You might also want to add literaly all content from RoT to the world customization menu.

Unless you're planning to overhaul that, it's missing a lot. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

34 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

You might also want to add literaly all content from RoT to the world customization menu.

Unless you're planning to overhaul that, it's missing a lot. 

This- and if at all possible I would love a pause button - I get that DST is a Multiplayer drop in, drop out co-op game, but I wish it had features borderlands had back in 2009 (if 3 out 4 players opt to pause the game pauses) but whenever they get around to the next QoL I’m assuming might be maybe February or March? After RWYS & Year of Beefalo and Klei’s Holiday break.

Eitherway I hope they all have a happy and safe Holiday break, global pause seems like an ironic thing to ask for considering worldly circumstances and how everything feels with that for me right now.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

Mr. Hansen, will the test server be updated in the next few days? Because Mr. Joe has already released the information, the official server will be updated next week. Will we get updates in the next few days? For example, some minor modifications to the new farm and wormwood?

3 hours ago, Pikapikap said:

Mr. Hansen, will the test server be updated in the next few days? Because Mr. Joe has already released the information, the official server will be updated next week. Will we get updates in the next few days? For example, some minor modifications to the new farm and wormwood?

Oh wait, You Reap What You Sow is coming to the main branch next week? Did Joew say that? I hope we get a few more tweaks and additions like pocket scale weighing giant crops, guano being more effective and giant plant generator for Winona.

Nevertheless can't wait for the update to forever revolutionize the gameplay. BTW what happens to the games saved in the beta branch, do they disappear when the merger happens? Is there a way to save them? I'd like to keep laying in my beta branch world I made for testing.

9 hours ago, ShuH said:

Should players be able to crack frozen ponds in the winter?

I think it will be easier to get water for farmming. 

Wiki says you can fill the can with ice as well, if true it's already a good way to get water for your farms in winter, considering how plentyfull ice is.

EDIT: WELL, I just tested it to satisfy my curiosity, it does in fact work but what the wiki doesn't say is how freaking bad it is, one ice restores one use of the can, so 2.5%, you need 40 ice to fill one watering can, juste awful.

However the perfect solution still exists, the pond in the underground lunar biome are liquid year-round and fill the can just as well as ponds on the surface.

Edited by Dechou
  • Like 2