Best DLC starting seed

The race for the best start into the new content has begun.

With the limited variance between starting asteroids it should be harder to distinguish seeds, so if possible including the (average) output of the 2 geysers would be beneficial.

[+ What else you like about the map.]

Check seed 666. Seriously.

Spoiler

Has awesome placement of POIs - not too far, but also not blocking the base. Two cold biomes on both sides - both easy cooling and early baking for food. Also, two geysers close so you can have sleet farm with passive cooling almost for free. 

I'm more interested in the worst DLC starting seed. Oxygen and temperature are of no concern in the swamp and I'm yet to start on a seed in which the brine and slush geysers weren't immediately adjacent to the starting biome, which means I'm 90% of the way to sustainability before I even start. There's still challenge to be had (the initial food scramble is a lot of fun, and my dupes aren't exactly fond of being cold and damp all the time), but still, end-game is a lot closer in the dlc than it is in the base game.

I'm not concerned, though: this is early days, and Klei have explicitly stated that they intend multiple colonies across multiple worlds to contribute to sustainability.

3 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

I'm more interested in the worst DLC starting seed. Oxygen and temperature are of no concern in the swamp and I'm yet to start on a seed in which the brine and slush geysers weren't immediately adjacent to the starting biome, which means I'm 90% of the way to sustainability before I even start. There's still challenge to be had (the initial food scramble is a lot of fun, and my dupes aren't exactly fond of being cold and damp all the time), but still, end-game is a lot closer in the dlc than it is in the base game.

I'm not concerned, though: this is early days, and Klei have explicitly stated that they intend multiple colonies across multiple worlds to contribute to sustainability.

I don't have one to give you currently, to pass along. I would only really keep it for example normally. But, knowing you want that, I will keep an eye out. I have seen some errant POI placement. But, as noted they are attempting to corral them. I do however browse seeds on occasion. I will post some of the more challenging ones I see, in the future.

I didn't really know it was a thing, a desire. But, I see them off-and-on as I peruse.

I really enjoy your building style, any pictures you are willing to post, please?

For example Ron Empire has a build where a cold biome hex overwrote a surface hex, with the attendant cold slush vent nearly in space. If that is something of what you are looking for. Not sure that it is still possible after the latest update. We'll see.

29 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

I really enjoy your building style, any pictures you are willing to post?

I'm afraid I only recently started playing with ONI again. I do have a sustainable 5-dupe base set up on Oasisse, but it's purely a temp base. It'll keep my dupes alive while I expand, but it's not exactly a showcase-worthy base.

I think I'll go back and renovate it while I wait for additional Spaced Out content.

My current playground won it´s position through the nice icebiome placement:

1173703614_ringofice.thumb.png.6f3d5e1f472c7200afc64de2620eb90e.png

- 5/6 plug slugs (depending on their life cycle)

- A central geyser just below the printing pod

- A neural vascilator accessible without "digging one"

But  [Game Update] - 444834 changed the map generation (again)

14 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

the map is so small I am not sure what "not adjacent" would even be.  I hate things too close to POD since this prevents building out my preferred base (a nice ugly square centered on POD)

Thank you for contributing @Darryl000999 , but a bit more information about why you like/dislike this seed would be helpful.

Most of us don´t choose their seeds by the same criteria, so providing some noteworthy information is crucial.

More about SWMP-c-139911754-XX :

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.ca205b36957dc0fd3cbc6b480484e210.png

- nearly closed ring of ice biomes (can be difficult or just a free food source early^^)

- an awesome amount of 6 wild slugs [all are still able to lay an egg]

- just 1,6kg/s slush and 1,2kg/s brine output [average]

(- at least in my eyes a bad poi placement for my base expansion.)

Archived