[Experimental] - 443381

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

This update is mostly tuning. I'm not too proud to admit that I barely scraped by on a p0 sal day 1 run today (It's been a while since I played her story!). Pro tip: Don't pick Projector as your first battle draft, even if you've never picked it before and you're really curious to see how it plays.

UI

• content.lua now creates a table of newly added flags for card upgrades to dynamically highlight new keywords
  • Removed all instances of manual_desc to ensure that dynamically added card flags display properly on cards 
  • Making sure basic flourishes always show as unlocked
  • Allowing clicks on the Death Loot card within the agent info popup

GAMEPLAY

• fix mettle shop spawn condition
  • Adjust creature health down a bit, and increase combat strength of yote variants to adjust day 1 combat parties
  • add difficulty filter on attacker in oppo_friend_in_trouble
  • Change the way max health changes are stored under the hood, to allow for better upgrade accounting
  • Nadan now starts the battle by calling in 2 goons
  • Nadan now applies "Sentry" to the goons he summons, so that they attack anyone who attacks Nadan
  • Added the "bare_mettle" mutator, for when you want a mettle-free experience
  • Fixed bug where the mettle_negotiation_card_xp upgrade was giving xp to battle cards instead of negotiation cards

CARDS

• reduce cost of coward from 4 to 2
  • Fixed bug where FIGHT_ALLY and FIGHT_ALLY_WON could have non-int resolve amounts
  • Fixed incorrect targeting on pure_diplomacy

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 2

7 minutes ago, Scrumch said:

Oh good, I thought Coward being outright unplayable for most builds was too severe a punishment from running away from a wildlife ambush.

Running away from non-sentient enemies never gives you coward, though not sure what the tooltip says.

52 minutes ago, Kevin said:
  • Added the "bare_mettle" mutator, for when you want a mettle-free experience

Also jokes on you, I'm abstaining from mettle.

Have to completely wipe my save file in order to do that, and that's mildly inconvenient. Fortunately, there's a mod posted on steam that unlocks everything, but not mettle(it is stored as integers instead of unlocks).

Damn, i just saw Smith's new disguise. You guys really done what people wanted - to see Smith's chest. All we need now is for Gorgula and Gnak (those names just sound wrong) to have their original names back. Thtats right, i'm still going on a crusade for Snack and Eonwe!

smith disguise.png

Edited by Rook the Bogger
misspeled
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kevin said:
  • Nadan now starts the battle by calling in 2 goons
  • Nadan now applies "Sentry" to the goons he summons, so that they attack anyone who attacks Nadan

I, uh...That's great! I was hoping Oolo's oshnu would get toned down a bit but that's great, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, a few patches ago Smith's Save Face was changed to affect all Renown arguments instead of a random one. Does Smith's Who? affect all instances of Renown as well? How do Sal's Calling in all Favors and Collected work with multiple Influence arguments?

Spoiler

1760293137_.png.016d9b4be86fe27e412a4cf27160db6b.png760831568_.png.a9dbdc69614b1540cf68f8c69d8b0b70.png1018722185_.png.f1ddb991b8bb0e28e53d1d681d341605.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

I, uh...That's great! I was hoping Oolo's oshnu would get toned down a bit but that's great, too.

IMHO the real issue is the mismatch between campaign balance and brawl balance.

For example, in Sal's campaign you get 2 spree helpers in the Oolo fight (plus an almost guaranteed trained and promoted pet), while in Brawl you only get one NPC helper (plus a pet maybe, and untrained). Or the fight against the Flead Queen, in which you normally get an NPC, a robot and a pet helping you in the campaign, but just one NPC in brawl. Conversely, you get no help against the Rise/Spark lieutenants in the campaign, yet you get an NPC helper in brawl.

I'm not sure how to fix that, but it's one of the big reasons why Brawl difficulty is so wack. Because Oolo is fine in campaign unless you get supremely unlucky, but she's hell in Brawl, especially for Rook.

1 minute ago, pacovf said:

I'm not sure how to fix that, but it's one of the big reasons why Brawl difficulty is so wack. Because Oolo is fine in campaign unless you get supremely unlucky, but she's hell in Brawl, especially for Rook.

Now that bosses are exposed on the timeline you can at least prepare, save money to hire some help. Though naturally, Rook still gets the short end of the stick because of the healing event and Pengemunt preventing a proper tavern incursion.

As to the Oolo fight, it's really just the oshnu dealing 20 damage to everyone on top of Oolo herself smacking you or everyone that makes the fight aggravating. You can have a terrific combat deck, effortless fights against any and all enemy compositions, yet still end up in the compost pile if you don't have 30 damage in hand when the oshnu does the AOE attack.

• Like 1

Absolutely agreed. It just requires some bad luck, since for that to happen, it requires that it be Bertha’s first attack after coming out of her shell (so she’s at full HP), and that no spree or pet is targeting Bertha that turn, which all combined is fairly rare. In all other cases, you don’t have to deal the full 30 damage yourself. I could maybe see tuning Bertha so she never AoE’s first thing after coming out of her shell (and give her a slight HP buff to compensate).

Edited by pacovf