How do I get a rocket to go further than 2 tiles?

7 minutes ago, zach123b said:

i got 15 module weight before it said no more.  same as the sugar one.  i think it hasnt been balanced yet tbh

My sugar rocket showed checklist errors after adding a 2nd module after the oxidizer tank (in addition to the nose cone and engine).

The stats on the rocket seemed to indicate otherwise though.

Also it seems that the sugar rocket requires an oxidizer.

huh so i'm guessing rocket burden only affects speed.  it seems that the co2 engine has a total of 4 modules including the engine and nosecone.  and yeah, the sugar rocket requires either fertilizer or oxylite to work, i think equal parts to sugar but it can hold up to 2700kg instead of the 300kg max of sugar rockets

I had what I thought was minimal setup for sugar engine: engine + oxidizer tank + scout rover + small nosecone. It said that rocket range is 2 tiles.

I don't know how to get more range. Sugar engine is supposed to be stronger than co2 and I already set it to max fuel.

5 hours ago, blash365 said:

My sugar rocket showed checklist errors after adding a 2nd module after the oxidizer tank (in addition to the nose cone and engine).

The stats on the rocket seemed to indicate otherwise though.

There seems to be a, not well advertised, limit of 3 modules ( in addition to the engine) for both engines. Completely unrelated to rocket burden.

2 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Sugar doesnt seem to work properly  -  I was able to use it at one point but since some update/fix   it stopped working.

Sugar works for me. But only with 1 non-mandatory module and only for 2 tiles of distance.:/

1 hour ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

How? I haven't been able to get a sugar rocket to say it can go further than 0 tiles.

Do you have a filled oxidizer module? That's the mandatory module @blash365 is referring to. You're also limited to two more modules, one of which has to be a nosecone.

Are those new rockets completely replacing the old petro and hydrogen rockets ?

Or are they just vor short distance travel between asteroids.

And i can still build the "classic rockets" and have the old "end game" later, on one of my asteriods that are further from the start world.

With exploring and harvesting other planets resources, and going to the temporal tear ? 

22 minutes ago, StB155 said:

Are those new rockets completely replacing the old petro and hydrogen rockets ?

The official DLC post says the following:

From there, we'll be adding additional content to the DLC and working towards its release, just like back in ye olden days of 2018.

I think it is more than safe to assume that the old engines are not gone for good. We simply are testing in a smaller galaxy, with smaller tools for the moment.

But since there are at least the very old engines left to add, i would expect with every generation of rocket engine to also find another domain of content awaiting for us. And since we are currently missing at least: steam, petroleum and hydrogen. And nuclear is not exactly far fetched from what i can see on the asteroids floating around at the moment, that will be a very awesome early access phase.:D

can anyone travel more than 3 tiles on CO2 engine? i hve my main planetoid, 1 connected with teleport and 1 within 1-way rocket trip distance.

on all 3 planetoids after scanning with telescope no new planetoids were discovered, so i've built another rocket with portable telescope and scanned one more planetoid, but i can't even do 1-way trip to it - it's like 5-6 tiles away from my home planetoid. 

seems sugar/CO2 engines are nerfed to the ground and there are no mid-game engines yet :/

@Ipsquiggle could you please bump CO2 engine to like 8 tiles or smth until there are mid/end-game rockets in the game? otherwise i'm not sure how to test planetoids beyond initial 3 which are reachable.

Archived