[Game Update] - 442692

• Developer

Happy Friday everyone!

Some more Spaced Out crash fixes before the weekend:

• Fix codex crash caused by an entry that doesn't exist
  • Fix crashes related to having a building selected when construction completes
  • Fix crash caused by errors loading a colony preview
  • Properly refresh the load screen after migrating files, to prevent a crash on first load.
  • Fix a crash when Grubgrub is interrupted while tending a plant

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Hungry wild plug slugs now output 100W instead of 300W from last update.
Nerfed even more :(

Edit: Ok it's based on hunger as the devs said, correcting myself. It didn't work for me before and it only went down to 300W for some reason, so I assumed wrongly.

Edited by Frytas53
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Frytas53 said:

I see the plug slug as a transition energy source anyway since the food they eat is not renewable. It probably means when the game is balance for early access, we will have to race to coal/petroleum anyway.

52 minutes ago, Frytas53 said:

Are you sure they were nerfed further? Their power output is dependent on how hungry they are now, even if they're wild, as far as I know. They could just be getting hungrier?

I'm getting persistent black hole crashes and I can't figure out what's causing it. First crash was just before this update. Already reported it through the game with attached save, but I'd love to be able to continue my current playthrough through the weekend, so if anyone cares to venture a guess as to what might be causing it I'd be mighty grateful.

The Super Duper Acropolis.sav

Player.log

Edited by Milliways

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Happy Friday everyone!

Some more Spaced Out crash fixes before the weekend:

• Fix codex crash caused by an entry that doesn't exist
  • Fix crashes related to having a building selected when construction completes
  • Fix crash caused by errors loading a colony preview
  • Properly refresh the load screen after migrating files, to prevent a crash on first load.
  • Fix a crash when Grubgrub is interrupted while tending a plant

View full update

carbon skimmers were broken the last update....they just stop working, often when you switch worlds but even sometimes right after you build it

41 minutes ago, Milliways said:

I'm getting persistent black hole crashes and I can't figure out what's causing it. First crash was just before this update. Already reported it through the game with attached save, but I'd love to be able to continue my current playthrough through the weekend, so if anyone cares to venture a guess as to what might be causing it I'd be mighty grateful.

output_log.txt 113.05 kB · 2 downloads The Super Duper Acropolis.sav 2.02 MB · 0 downloads

Output log is from vanilla game (from date 16.11.2020), dlc output log is: Player.log.

• Thanks 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, Milliways said:

Hi @Milliways, there's a crash when a dupe tries to dig up Yellowcake which looks the same as sulfur and is found in the Radioactive biome. The save you attached must be from an older cycle since you haven't reached the biome yet. If you avoid digging up the yellowcake you should be fine. It will be fixed in the next update. 

Edit: It doesn't appear to be as simple as canceling dig orders. Investigating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

Hi @Milliways, there's a crash when a dupe tries to dig up Yellowcake which looks the same as sulfur and is found in the Radioactive biome. The save you attached must be from an older cycle since you haven't reached the biome yet. If you avoid digging up the yellowcake you should be fine. It will be fixed in the next update. 

Thanks for taking a look at it. No this is definitely my most recent save and I haven't reached the Radioactive biome yet. I only just landed on the nearest asteroid and deployed the Trailblazer module.

Two separate crashes seems to occur. If you load up the save and unpause it will crash within 12 seconds.

If you load up the save and keep it paused while selecting the materials overlay and then hitting alt+s and zooming out to max, it will also crash to black hole.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Milliways said:

Thanks for taking a look at it. No this is definitely my most recent save and I haven't reached the Radioactive biome yet. I only just landed on the nearest asteroid and deployed the Trailblazer module.

Two separate crashes seems to occur. If you load up the save and unpause it will crash within 12 seconds.

If you load up the save and keep it paused while selecting the materials overlay and then hitting alt+s and zooming out to max, it will also crash to black hole.

I found there was a Yellowcake tile breaking under liquid chlorine pressure. Attached is a fixed version of your save with most of the Yellowcake changed to sulfur. I might have missed a couple tiles but unless you have a dupe dig them up it shouldn't be a problem.

I've made a note to investigate the other crash you mentioned but it should be easy to avoid for now. I was able to reproduce it, thanks for the report!

TheSuperDuperAcropolis_fixed.sav

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2