[Game Update] - 442154

i was able to resolve the Mac OS error by uninstalling and reinstalling. I copied the save files folder and retired/archive save files folder just in case but it did not end up being necessary.

After reinstall, the first attempt to open my save file crashed immediately, but the second time i tried it it worked. I did send the crash report via the game's internal engine.

fwiw, i also did a lot of the troubleshooting steps from the Steam troubleshooting page before reinstalling - i don't know if any of those helped, but it can't hurt.

Good to see some performance changes. :applause:
Performance and bug fixes are the things I want more.

Suggestion:
Please, add a routine to make building stairs up/down more efficient.
Currently they deliver/dig/build only one block, and leave, and later comes back to build another one. This is very frustrating and inefficient.
They could detect that there are more to build and do it in a single chore. Also carrying more supply material from start, of course.

20 minutes ago, RomainL said:

Is it mandatory to disable every mods to play the current version of the game ?

I'm playing on linux with mods (not too many). Aaaand I've just installed a new one "Default off switch": Build automation switches on red by default. (Actually switches them off almost instantly after build...)

I guess that means mods are OK... mileage may vary, as usual.

Edited by JRup
clarification added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RomainL said:

Is it mandatory to disable every mods to play the current version of the game ? Do we need to wait for an update in order to use them ?

After resolving the save crash issue, all of my mods are functioning normally.

• Health 1

On 11/29/2020 at 7:20 AM, Aradalf said:

Are cloud saves coming to the EGS version? I just bought the game on there during your last sale, but it seems like you don't intend on supporting the game there at all?

While it's annoying we don't yet have this update, they have actually supported the game so far. Up until the latest Summer update in July, the EGS version of the game would get patches at the same time as the Steam one, even when the game wasn't being sold on EGS anymore.

I hope this is the result of a technical detail (ie, EGS and Steam handling cloud saves differently) and it can be fixed soon

On 11/25/2020 at 11:59 PM, serkane said:

Just upgraded and failed to open with "OS Error 4294956486" message. Reinstalled 2 times through Steam. 

This is so sad. Is there any way to jump back old version, or anything else?

MacOs Mojave / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3GHz i5

Same for me, impossible to play since I bought the Spaced Out Update..... :/