Oil well without output?

Inexplicably, my oil wells seem to have lost their ability to output oil, as there is no longer a pipe out node on them. I'd make a bug report but I don't know when it happened or why.  I didn't notice until I started to run out of petroleum. I've tried rebuilding the well, restarting the game, disabling all my mods, restarting my computer and completely reinstalling without success. It's not just that save either, I both loaded an old save and started a new one and the wells still don't have an output node. I feel like there is something obvious I'm forgetting. Am I missing something here, or is this a legitimate bug?Untitled.thumb.png.76dfdf744ad607dd84bbafbc05d1bfb9.png

The Perfect Abode.sav

4 minutes ago, Void of Winter said:

Either way, it's not making oil

it can be that your mod break your save game :wink:. what means it can be that you need start again from beginning without that mod what todo that.

also if you used mod then don't bother report issues for game developers. you need contact with mod maker

Or the mod may have been disabled, in which case reenabling it may return functionality to normal. 

6 minutes ago, Void of Winter said:

Are you sure? Even in the picture it looks like there's oil everywhere: All over the ground, and flooding the level below. 

Oil drops on the ground as long as back pressure is not at 100%. Oil wells do not have piped output without mods.

Back pressure is the natural gas that builds up in the oil well over time. A duplicant needs to release the pressure for it to run.

If you were using a mod that added piped output, but now you no longer have that mod, you may need to deconstruct the oil well then reconstruct it to make it work

5 hours ago, Void of Winter said:

Try deconstructing it and rebuilding it.

I bet the game thinks you tried to pump oil in to it and that isn't the right material, so it is stuck.  If my theory is correct, rebuilding the building should fix it.

When it is working properly, it should dump the crude oil on the ground for a pump to pick up.

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

I bet the game thinks you tried to pump oil in to it and that isn't the right material, so it is stuck.  If my theory is correct, rebuilding the building should fix it.

Loaded the save, can confirm, this is indeed the problem.

Just look at the content of the building @Void of Winter, there is 10 kg of crude oil listed. There should be none, only water.

54 minutes ago, Yalp said:

Loaded the save, can confirm, this is indeed the problem.

Just look at the content of the building @Void of Winter, there is 10 kg of crude oil listed. There should be none, only water.

it can be that this crude oil come from his mod. as he disabled that then it replaced with water, he needs rebuild this then it starts work again

30 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

it can be that this crude oil come from his mod. as he disabled that then it replaced with water, he needs rebuild this then it starts work again

Sound like it, yes. While I do not know the code internals, crude oil on the well likely blocks its working without the mod.

Archived