Please fix the heirloom skins!

It's pretty logical that every now and then when yearly events start ( Hallowed Nights, Winters Feast, Lunar Event ) rare drops will go in motion, becoming more accessible and thus less rare, causing the price to shift dramatically. With increased chances from the trade inn it's pretty much guarenteed that prices will go down on the Steam market, and it's not too hard to predict either. I don't see the issue.

2 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Over a year ago I spent around 20 dollars total to get the Hallowed Light and Cauldron skins on the Market. I'm not upset about the situation at all, but I will say that it surprised me to know Klei made them weavable this year. I knew the risk I took a year ago and lemme tell ya, I don't regret it for one second; I was so excited to get my hands on those skins and it made my day to finally see them in my inventory when I got them.

Real player

30 minutes ago, myxal said:

Thanks. Classy and common exchanges probably won't tell me the interesting bits (which collection, if any, is targeted for distinguished/elegant drops), but there's something you could tell me - can you estimate the %-age of "higher-than-default-rarity outcome of trade inn exchange"?

Last year, I rolled a ton of classies and spiffies that dropped from those, and with both rarities, the outcome's rarity was 1 level higher than default in about 30% of the cases, much higher than outside the event. I was collecting cheap spiffies throughout the year to get my hands on some elegants this year, but with the Costume collection being converted, I have no idea if I should even go ahead with the rolling.

I got 3 heirloom distinguished Hallowed Nights' body skins (1 is a duplicate) and spiffys from classy skins, while I got none of the event skins from common skins. So I assume the rate of getting event skins is higher in trading in classy skins than common skins, which I think has changed from previous Hallowed Nights. Also I usually don't bother with trade inn and wait till events thanks to a bad previous experience (I got a distinguished duplicate from excess spiffys ._. ).

For now I keep the extra spiffys just in case and I do the trade inn just to hoard skins.

Literally my first roll in this event: Heirloom creepy cauldron :D (from spiffies)

Gonna roll my spiffies now, just in case these heirloom drops were not intended by Klei... :P 

Outcomes (24 spiffy rolls):

1. 10x costume elegant (41.7 %)
  2. 9x generic (no collection) distinguished (37.5%)
  3. 1x rose distinguished (4.2%)
  4. 4x linecook distinguished (16.7%)

@MilesUpshore Interesting - apparently to get the costume body skins, I have to roll the classies, spiffies drop anything but.

Archived