More than one kind of nuclear reactor

Could you add more that one kind of nuclear reactor building.(Best if theres no building just parts and we can assemble our own reactor)

There would be the early game reactor,  a CANDU reactor(can use uranium ore)
and the mid-game reactor a PWR reactor, needs refined uranium.

and the late game reactor, a fast breeder reactor, basically free power, uses plutonium and can create more for itself and others.

10 hours ago, V Ean said:

Could you add more that one kind of nuclear reactor building.(Best if theres no building just parts and we can assemble our own reactor)

There would be the early game reactor,  a CANDU reactor(can use uranium ore)
and the mid-game reactor a PWR reactor, needs refined uranium.

and the late game reactor, a fast breeder reactor, basically free power, uses plutonium and can create more for itself and others.

reactor should be late game one not really the early. they have some uranium stuff added already so it may happen at some point

Yea i mean for the DLC like theres multiples ways to use the same fuel, each with diffrent efficiency like the early game one can produce very little byproducts but also produce very little amounts of power(like coal power range) and the late game one can be a boss and do 5kw.This woul definitely be a alternative to petrol boiler and the sour gas bolier.(i never use them for late game power). 

On 10/21/2020 at 6:38 AM, V Ean said:

The word "Free" will always find an audience and will always sound attractive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

However, I welcome any form of complex machinery which results in great (ONi) accidents. :geek:

Ya and maybe the endgame one is as deadly as a geothermal power plant going boom. There, now we have a reason to use an alternative, it going boom if stuff goes wrong. 

Baslcally high risk high reward

I'm very interested the way they will come up with the Nuclear Reactor. I hope it will work the same as a real nuclear reactor core, with fuel rods producing heat as they are lowered together. The less moderator rods, the more heat the reaction will produce, so you must always pump coolant to the core for the heat exchange and steam production. The heat then is turned to steam, which is then turned to energy.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, Thilo87 said:

The nuclear reactor shouldn't be build too easily. It should be harder than a sour gas/natural gas generator. There shouldn't be a simple building "nuclear reactor".

Perhaps you like this ? I find it great that Klei staff reads the forums and collects user feedback and perhaps implements some user idea bits in to the game in one way or the other :adoration:

Posted July 21, 2018
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/93747-nuclear-radiation/?do=findComment&comment=1066877

On 11/11/2020 at 6:58 PM, Thilo87 said:

The nuclear reactor shouldn't be build too easily. It should be harder than a sour gas/natural gas generator. There shouldn't be a simple building "nuclear reactor".

By easy i mean no rare materials like it ain't gonna need Steel heck the Early game reactor ain't gonna need refined metals. Its still gonna be hard to built it and let the reactor fuction without problem.

Archived