State of ported versions single player Don’t Starve (Switch, PS4, XBOX)

Koipa

Please everyone leave all bugs you encounter in comments down bellow to bring them to attention(mention platform, update version plus how to replicate issue)
Audio bugs plus ruins crash in caves are present in game since 2018 and do not even mention seasons bug they did not manage to fix for ages. We had many bug tracker reports and many “we will look into this” but two years later not only no fix but more issues brought with Hamlet(merging worlds does not work -using it to merge world crashes and resets worlds, strange audio bugs looping music non stop plus more). If I were you I would not expect the game to receive any updates. If we lucky we might get update only for world options to allow us set options to lots or more, but everything else is highly unlikely. Look @JanH only aknowledged issue with world setting options, but all other bugs will be “looked into” or “this issue were not reported by anyone else”. Mark my words bugs will not be fixed if it follows the same behaviour patch like last 2018 release and next time you buy something Don’t Starve related not on pc buy only if you don’t mind having many crashes and game breaking bugs. You will end up tinkering more with game than playing it or enjoying it.

Please developers of Don’t Starve we would love to have similar expierence as PC players without game breaking bugs and years without bug fixes. As well some sort of aknowlegment would be nice that someone is working on bug fixes.

@Jason, @Wade, @bizziboi, @JoeW

39 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

No you don't. We have almost all of the issues you guys are having with the console versions, and Klei just doesn't care.

Which makes it even worse because PC version is directly developed by them not a porting team. This just hurts Don’t Starve brand as whole. It just become such a mess since Shipwrecked and a lot of people feel ignored. No matter how many times issues are reported there is no traction

Just to confirm @SpoonyBardIV which issues are present in PC version? I mainly play on consoles and I thought that PC version is better in comparison to ported versions

21 hours ago, Koipa said:

Which makes it even worse because PC version is directly developed by them not a porting team. This just hurts Don’t Starve brand as whole. It just become such a mess since Shipwrecked and a lot of people feel ignored. No matter how many times issues are reported there is no traction

Just to confirm @SpoonyBardIV which issues are present in PC version? I mainly play on consoles and I thought that PC version is better in comparison to ported versions

There's way to many for me to list all of them, but some of the major ones are these.

- Loads of interior issues, teleporting into the void and such

-Plenty of issues regarding Wheeler's dodging

- World hopping destroying worlds, leading to incorrect ones or just crashing the game

- Seasonal effects not occurring after world hopping (i.e. no meteors in dry season, no puddles in monsoon season)

- Things spawning at point 0,0,0 instead of their proper place

- Flies in interiors not going away even after manure is removed

- Hound attacks are broken when entering houses or shops, sometimes they spawn inside and sometimes not at all.

- RoG world generation is entirely messed up, completely different world layouts with Hamlet compatibility compared to without. This is seen here

On 5/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, SpoonyBardIV said:

Ever since the release of the Hamlet beta back in October, I have noticed a few differences in the way RoG worlds are generated. It seems that making them compatible with Hamlet messes with world generation, and not in a good way. I tried generating a few worlds WITH Hamlet compatibility, and a few without. The differences were always the same. Here is an example:

image.thumb.png.4b560e307d1b336b8e7d163ba0cccecd.png

This world was generated WITHOUT Hamlet compatibility. Notice that all of the biomes are quite large, and the different land branches are all separated nicely by a thin stretch of ocean in between. Other than that, it is just one solid land mass. With Hamlet compatible worlds, it is not so. Here is an example:

image.thumb.png.b543cb04f4eadcc53d7e24e775b17ed6.png

It seems to generate more akin to the large 1st island in Hamlet. There are no neat branches, the biomes are often separated into small patches, and there are holes EVERYWHERE, making it very inconvenient to build a base in those areas. Do you know how I could possibly fix this issue? Could I just copy the worldgen_main.lua from a different folder?

I would not mind little bugs here and there, but gamebreaking bugs leads you on tinkering or reloading game more than playing is just sad to see in one of my favorite games. As well comunication is non existent in regards of those bugs. Little bugs are aknowledged but these major ones are kept in game

@SpoonyBardIV I noticed that you sent message to JoeW regarding bugs. Did you got any response? It seems well writen and you not asking for something ridiculous so I wonder if you got any response

On 10/19/2020 at 11:43 AM, Koipa said:

I noticed that you sent message to JoeW regarding bugs. Did you got any response? It seems well writen and you not asking for something ridiculous so I wonder if you got any response

Nope. All I got was silence. And to make it even worse, the devs have since blocked all personal messages so we can't contact them anymore.

EDIT: You should try cross posting this post in the DST forum, the devs actually check on stuff there.

Single Player Don't Starve was basically stabbed when Shipwrecked came in, and the knife was twisted by Hamlet.

As much as I love Single Player DS, the game is dead. The devs should have killed at a high note after RoG, rather than sink and drown it by adding the two terrible DLCs.

6 hours ago, Prakhar said:

Single Player Don't Starve was basically stabbed when Shipwrecked came in, and the knife was twisted by Hamlet.

As much as I love Single Player DS, the game is dead. The devs should have killed at a high note after RoG, rather than sink and drown it by adding the two terrible DLCs.

The DLCs wouldn't even be terrible if they actually WORKED CORRECTLY. The entire reason I stopped playing is because of the enormous amount of bugs.

48 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

The DLCs wouldn't even be terrible if they actually WORKED CORRECTLY. The entire reason I stopped playing is because of the enormous amount of bugs.

Exactly this. I used to play it way more, but when it started crashing and buging out it become not the same experience it used to be

22 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

That's true. They were also quite boring. I had nothing to do.

Archived