What is your game plan when playing Wurt?

Recently I started playing Wurt a lot, and I really enjoy the character, and I wanted to ask you guys how you play Wurt (what do you do in your first days, what do you do in winter, what food do you rely on when playing Wurt etc.) , and some general Wurt tips and tricks.

Now, I'm no Wurt player, but bunnyman farms are always good, for the carrots of course. Also, it is a good idea to rush the Lunar Island asap for Stone Fruit Bushes, as they grow in winter as well. Another food that grows in Winter is Bullkelp, so when cruising through the Rocky Beaches of the Lunar Island make sure to pick up them Bullkelp Stalks, and plant them next to shore, so you can pick them from the land. Rushing the Merm King isn't actually that good of an idea, you can lose a lot of time doing it, and in your first year you don't necessarily need the bonuses.

PLAYSTYLE: i generally play offensive wurt where i tend to live among merms only and visit other players rarely. I like to make merm outposts which consist of 5-6 merm houses in general close proximity around something of interest like a handmade field of grass or a pond. (don't bother trying to commandeer a target like Oasis pond or pk, more talented players will just torch it and all your hard work wasted.) If i think my personal camp is well hidden only then will i make and support a king. (I tend not to though)

FARMING: When living in the swamp with merms, building handmade merm huts next to swamp ponds makes it very likely that the merm will get into a fight with mosquitoes. You can build a steady farm of mosquito sacks and thus more importantly, water balloons. (fill sacks at a pond). as a cheaper way to deal with wildfires/ grief fires.

Alternatively, place a few merms near a spider nest to have a steady stream of webs, spider organs, and monster meat flowing.Now with zero effort on your part besides picking them up you have yourself a mosquito and spider farm. Add more merms for more speed.

FOOD: Wurt is in my opinion one of the easiest survivors to deal with when it comes to hunger. Her 33% bonus on veggies makes it so you don't have to look for food as often as the rest and if you get certain foods you are gucci pretty much forever.

Early game: COOKED berries, carrots. This is your cheese food. Cooked berries and carrots when consumed grant 12.5 hunger which is boosted to 16 each from the bonus. 6 cooked berries will fill wurt up.

Mid game: Fist full of jam. Even cheesier than your cheese food. 1 berry/cooked berry and 3 ice to make this one. Feeds wurt for 50 hunger! 4 berries and 12 ice for full hunger, if you  can farm ice during winter and have a berry farm of just 10 bushes, you'll live all year just on this. If you decide not to use ice, the second best thing is monster meat. Remember the farm you hopefully created? Use all that monster meat to make eggs. Eggs are an acceptable filler for fist full of jam and voila.

End game: Dragon pie. This is wurts best dish. if you can manage to get a dragon fruit from a farm, feed it to a bird to farm seeds. Once you've acquired 6 dragon fruit seeds, plant them. Harvest 2 and feed 4. Congratulations you've defeated the need for food and can now live forever. 2 dragon pies is 100 hunger each.

Merm uses: I tend not to use the merms for anything but they're very good at clearing manmade wood fields. I tend to grow plots of 25 pinecones and when matured hire 3-5 merms to clear it in just a mere moments. Wurt is a wood DEVOURER.... Everything needs processed wood so keeping up a wood stockpile is a must.

Because I don't bother with merm king that doesn't mean he's useless. You can live quite well peacefully if you have him, set him up near a pond and just keep giving him fish you catch. He gives seeds (not needed once you have DP farm) and more importantly, tentacle spots and kelp. Just more cheese food. The warrior merms are kinda useless for defending against other people because they do not aggro unless attacked and without the king they get super debuffed, worse than average merm. So i tend to not make them. But enlisting merm warriors is a good way to protect yourself from hounds (make sure you have a bushhat and 3-5 hired warriors before hand. just don't go too far because hired merms suck at finding their way back home.

Anda yeah, I really want klei to tweak a few things such as the follower system in general and maybe more stuff related to wurt but she's pretty good to use.

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

Now, I'm no Wurt player, but bunnyman farms are always good, for the carrots of course. Also, it is a good idea to rush the Lunar Island asap for Stone Fruit Bushes, as they grow in winter as well. Another food that grows in Winter is Bullkelp, so when cruising through the Rocky Beaches of the Lunar Island make sure to pick up them Bullkelp Stalks, and plant them next to shore, so you can pick them from the land. Rushing the Merm King isn't actually that good of an idea, you can lose a lot of time doing it, and in your first year you don't necessarily need the bonuses.

I am aware that the Lunar Island is very beneficial for Wurt, the problem is that I don't really understand where it is located and how to make a fast boat, because in my world my boat just consists of a campfire and anchor kit, I use paddles to move around but it is sooo slow.

41 minutes ago, Intrepidpioneer said:

PLAYSTYLE: i generally play offensive wurt where i tend to live among merms only and visit other players rarely. I like to make merm outposts which consist of 5-6 merm houses in general close proximity around something of interest like a handmade field of grass or a pond. (don't bother trying to commandeer a target like Oasis pond or pk, more talented players will just torch it and all your hard work wasted.) If i think my personal camp is well hidden only then will i make and support a king. (I tend not to though)

FARMING: When living in the swamp with merms, building handmade merm huts next to swamp ponds makes it very likely that the merm will get into a fight with mosquitoes. You can build a steady farm of mosquito sacks and thus more importantly, water balloons. (fill sacks at a pond). as a cheaper way to deal with wildfires/ grief fires.

Alternatively, place a few merms near a spider nest to have a steady stream of webs, spider organs, and monster meat flowing.Now with zero effort on your part besides picking them up you have yourself a mosquito and spider farm. Add more merms for more speed.

FOOD: Wurt is in my opinion one of the easiest survivors to deal with when it comes to hunger. Her 33% bonus on veggies makes it so you don't have to look for food as often as the rest and if you get certain foods you are gucci pretty much forever.

Early game: COOKED berries, carrots. This is your cheese food. Cooked berries and carrots when consumed grant 12.5 hunger which is boosted to 16 each from the bonus. 6 cooked berries will fill wurt up.

Mid game: Fist full of jam. Even cheesier than your cheese food. 1 berry/cooked berry and 3 ice to make this one. Feeds wurt for 50 hunger! 4 berries and 12 ice for full hunger, if you  can farm ice during winter and have a berry farm of just 10 bushes, you'll live all year just on this. If you decide not to use ice, the second best thing is monster meat. Remember the farm you hopefully created? Use all that monster meat to make eggs. Eggs are an acceptable filler for fist full of jam and voila.

End game: Dragon pie. This is wurts best dish. if you can manage to get a dragon fruit from a farm, feed it to a bird to farm seeds. Once you've acquired 6 dragon fruit seeds, plant them. Harvest 2 and feed 4. Congratulations you've defeated the need for food and can now live forever. 2 dragon pies is 100 hunger each.

Merm uses: I tend not to use the merms for anything but they're very good at clearing manmade wood fields. I tend to grow plots of 25 pinecones and when matured hire 3-5 merms to clear it in just a mere moments. Wurt is a wood DEVOURER.... Everything needs processed wood so keeping up a wood stockpile is a must.

Because I don't bother with merm king that doesn't mean he's useless. You can live quite well peacefully if you have him, set him up near a pond and just keep giving him fish you catch. He gives seeds (not needed once you have DP farm) and more importantly, tentacle spots and kelp. Just more cheese food. The warrior merms are kinda useless for defending against other people because they do not aggro unless attacked and without the king they get super debuffed, worse than average merm. So i tend to not make them. But enlisting merm warriors is a good way to protect yourself from hounds (make sure you have a bushhat and 3-5 hired warriors before hand. just don't go too far because hired merms suck at finding their way back home.

Anda yeah, I really want klei to tweak a few things such as the follower system in general and maybe more stuff related to wurt but she's pretty good to use.

The spider farm is actually a really brilliant idea! I will definitely make one in my next world!

I would like to ask you a few questions if it doesn't bother you:

1)What do you mean by "commandeer"?

2)Is the swamp the best location for Wurt to base in or is it good to base near the swamp?

3)Where do you usually base with Wurt?

4)What healing source do you use in the early to mid game when you don't have much access to Dragonfruit?

5)Can you tell me the most important goals to achieve with Wurt early on?

Thank you for the help so far, have a good day!

1 hour ago, Owlrus said:

I mostly just rely on kekp fronds for food; no negative penalities on top of increased benefits make this an awesome treat to snack on (and if you dry them, even better!).

I don't think kelp is that good of a food source for Wurt in my opinion, they give only 9 hunger and I don't know if there is a way to mass produce them.

Thank you for the response anyways!

11 minutes ago, kNichael said:

The spider farm is actually a really brilliant idea! I will definitely make one in my next world!

I would like to ask you a few questions if it doesn't bother you:

1)What do you mean by "commandeer"?

2)Is the swamp the best location for Wurt to base in or is it good to base near the swamp?

3)Where do you usually base with Wurt?

4)What healing source do you use in the early to mid game when you don't have much access to Dragonfruit?

5)Can you tell me the most important goals to achieve with Wurt early on?

Thank you for the help so far, have a good day!

Commandeer means to take over something. If you build merms around pk anyone who goes close to pk will be attacked. This is a very light form of griefing I suppose. I tried it once because i had the fantasy of wurt being a war princess and had a scale vs. scaleless thing going but after i set it up it just got torched. 

The swamp is not the best place to live. Because wurt is vegetarian there is no food for her there. You will constantly have to go out to find food to bring back unless you rushed the farms and berry bushes. Use the swamp to set up your item farms and check on it occasionally.

My favourite place to live is in the green forest biome (the one with natural berries and carrots) plenty of food. You can set up merm friends easily by digging up one plot of flooring, placing marsh turf, placing merm hut then removing the marsh turf. Rinse and repeat. You only ever need one marsh turf, unless you want it more visually appealing to create your own little swamp.Sometimes the world spawns 2 swamps, a huge giant one and a baby brother one. The small one has 1-2 swamp ponds and natural reeds. This is always a good spot to live as wurt because its easy to leave and search for food if you haven't set up farms.

Remember the mosquito farm? Each sack used heals 8 hp. You will be swimming in it eventually. Infinite hp.

The most important thing is to find out where the swamp is. Wurt is a late bloomer so she becomes cheese much later in the game. Winter is a very big hindrance that ensures this I find. Once you find reeds  start mass producing merm huts to get the farms going on that's it.

1 hour ago, kNichael said:

I am aware that the Lunar Island is very beneficial for Wurt, the problem is that I don't really understand where it is located and how to make a fast boat, because in my world my boat just consists of a campfire and anchor kit, I use paddles to move around but it is sooo slow.

To find the Lunar Island, you do need to map out the edges of the world. If you find a piece of land that is horseshoe shaped, and the two ends are weirdly flat, like they were cut, then that is almost certainly the direction for the Lunar Island. I do recommend mapping out the entire edge of the mainland, though, as there can be several of these locations, but once you see all of them, it will be more obvious which one is the one. for the boat, you should build masts, and a Wheel, too, of course. For this, you will need to gather some silk, though. But once you find the direction of Lunar Island, you dont even need a mast, as it really isn't that far from the mainland

51 minutes ago, Intrepidpioneer said:

Commandeer means to take over something. If you build merms around pk anyone who goes close to pk will be attacked. This is a very light form of griefing I suppose. I tried it once because i had the fantasy of wurt being a war princess and had a scale vs. scaleless thing going but after i set it up it just got torched. 

The swamp is not the best place to live. Because wurt is vegetarian there is no food for her there. You will constantly have to go out to find food to bring back unless you rushed the farms and berry bushes. Use the swamp to set up your item farms and check on it occasionally.

My favourite place to live is in the green forest biome (the one with natural berries and carrots) plenty of food. You can set up merm friends easily by digging up one plot of flooring, placing marsh turf, placing merm hut then removing the marsh turf. Rinse and repeat. You only ever need one marsh turf, unless you want it more visually appealing to create your own little swamp.Sometimes the world spawns 2 swamps, a huge giant one and a baby brother one. The small one has 1-2 swamp ponds and natural reeds. This is always a good spot to live as wurt because its easy to leave and search for food if you haven't set up farms.

Remember the mosquito farm? Each sack used heals 8 hp. You will be swimming in it eventually. Infinite hp.

The most important thing is to find out where the swamp is. Wurt is a late bloomer so she becomes cheese much later in the game. Winter is a very big hindrance that ensures this I find. Once you find reeds  start mass producing merm huts to get the farms going on that's it.

This is probably the most helpful advice so far, thank you so so much!

In my world my healing source is honey poultices, which are very good but the only downside is that I can only craft a certain amount in winter because reeds don't regrow, which coincidentally is the same downside that mosquito farms have, but I think I can kind of negate that by stockpiling on birchnuts and berries for trailmixes.

17 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

To find the Lunar Island, you do need to map out the edges of the world. If you find a piece of land that is horseshoe shaped, and the two ends are weirdly flat, like they were cut, then that is almost certainly the direction for the Lunar Island. I do recommend mapping out the entire edge of the mainland, though, as there can be several of these locations, but once you see all of them, it will be more obvious which one is the one. for the boat, you should build masts, and a Wheel, too, of course. For this, you will need to gather some silk, though. But once you find the direction of Lunar Island, you dont even need a mast, as it really isn't that far from the mainland

I have just one problem with finding the Lunar Island: there are many sections of the map that have flat edges, do you know of any way to at least know that I am sailing in the right direction? Like maybe there are some biomes that show me the Lunar Island isn't there?

Depends of experience and if you play solo or with more people

Wurt isnt a bad character for ruins rush. Going to the moon island to solve any food problem is other early game path. If you dont go to the moon island in early, think about cactis and bunny men as fount of food for winter

A mass of swamp near base (or basing inside of the swamp) helps a lot in early game

Take in count that merms fight spiders and mosquitoes and doesnt eat the loot so you can gather a lot of resources just planting a spider egg near merms. Also pigs and merms will fight but the pigs skins and meat will not be eaten by merms.

I like to have a mass of trees near another bunch of houses to chop at any time of day. It can be birchnuts trees to have access to trail mix and also, the poison birchnut tree can be easily killed by merms.

Dont mess building the kind platform until you want it. Is good to have that buff and warrior merms but isnt mandatory until you have solve other early game problems. Also his loot table is nearly useless for the time expend in getting fishes

I like to make houses near base before starting to build the ones to fight bee queen

Make merm wars to gather fishes quickly than fishing

Is good idea to build a couple of merm houses near of meteor showers (but far enough to dont be destroyed) to help you gather rocks everytime you go there

Build few merm warrior houses near your dragonfly arena (in a safe place) to help you stunlock her to take an extra scale and make the fight a little quickly

Kelp + drying racks will be your sanity food (for fw i still recommend cactis) and dragonpie or trail mix (merms can help you chopping birchnuts) are good healing choices but you have many others like roasted tomatoes, potatoes or eggplants for 20hp each. Moon island moths arent a bad sanity food too but it takes time to gather them. Also i like to plant few flowers near my kitchen to have butterflies and butter. In late you can simply rely on honey

Meat=eggs for filler

If you dont want to grind so much to get gold, when you have some time be preparing the spawn gate to change character to trade with PK

5 minutes ago, kNichael said:

I have just one problem with finding the Lunar Island: there are many sections of the map that have flat edges, do you know of any way to at least know that I am sailing in the right direction? Like maybe there are some biomes that show me the Lunar Island isn't there?

As I said, the one in question will be in the shape of a horseshoe, both ends of which being flat, and a jump-in of water in the middle. It you map out the entire thing, it'll become obvious, BUT if you give me a minute I'll get you a screenshot of a newly generated world, okay?

746994141_LunarIslandtracking.thumb.png.5db695d992cde4e7043baadb278008d3.png

Your using a slow boat.. your going to go nowhere and fast, it does not take a lot of time to get a fully functional boat going, Sail, Anchor, Steering Wheel those are your bare essentials.. if your using a paddle it’s going to be a slow and painfully boring journey-

(I play mostly alone and this was still easy to set up and create)

44BC1E7E-5166-4102-B704-7B735430B0CA.jpeg.18734d5f8eec54731cdfa661973d0bbb.jpeg

also you can find all my Wurt tips Here: for the sake of not reposting them I’ll just link the thread-

There were many gold tips already, I'll give my 2 cents:

- Base location:

Spoiler

I rather not base at swamp. I mean its good to keep it close, and early game you will visit it often, but later in the game, I rather basing at the moonstone for permanent light, or oasis (cactii food all year + flingo free base), or next to bee queen, or anywhere else. Beyond the early game the swamp will not provide many advantages, and you can create or transplant turf easily. If you play on a public server and fear griefing, try finding a corner of the world where your base is hard to spot, and surround yourself on merms,  leaving outposts away from your base in a radius, most people won't come near.

- Early game (standard)

Spoiler

Usually I try to collect, plant and fertilize at least 25+ berry bushes. Even though while you explore you keep finding free food, eventually all of that will be gone, and its good to keep a backup plan, specially if you didnt go to lunar island before the first winter. Hire the free merms at swamp to start mining and chopping for you on ypur early travels, and build at least 3 regular merms near your base for defense and work.

- Early game (Rush alternative, harder)

Spoiler

Hire 4 merms from swamp, use them to collect loads of wood, some stone and kill spider nests that you find at swamp. Rush having all boat materials (many boards, rope, silk, cutstone), precraft the nautical machine, then go exploring the edges of the map. Once you found the straight edges on the horseshoe, make a simple boat with a chest, and find lunar island. Bring all the stone bushes and kelp you find, then plant them where you want your base to be, you won't have any more food problems so its time to start building merms. At least 3 to 5 normal ones, for working and simple fights will do.

- Mid Game

Spoiler

If you didn't go to lunar island yet, do it. If you did, then make a merm king and start collecting stuff to make merm soldiers. Place a flingo (yes even if you live at oasis) Usually it doesnt take me super long before I have 20+ merm soldiers in my flingo range. You can hire them with avocados, from the stone fruits.

20+ merm soldiers are enough to help you defeat bee queen (try to fight too, and if its getting too close, give some of them beehats). If you start consistently killing bee queen, you get 3 important advantages: Your main healing will now be jellybeans, which makes you regenerative. Your main Helmet can be the bee crown, which has a lot of durability and lets you farm pig skins later on, plus will help you keep your sanity, and you will have bundles to keep your fast spoilage veggies always readily available. 

Late game: 

Spoiler

Kill dfly, establish a pig farm, raid the ruins, create a cave base with merms to help you clear the ruins. Its up to you.

-About Healing:

Spoiler

Early game I just use blue caps and healing salves. Glommer goop is helpful as well. You can also sleep in a tent. Later in the game its usually blue caps farms, jellybeans, or honey poultice (or a combination of the above). Keeping sanity to me means a mix of dried kelp, cooked cactii, cooked green caps, or sleeping. Dried kelp being the most important one (you can make a ton of it and keep it your bundle)

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

As I said, the one in question will be in the shape of a horseshoe, both ends of which being flat, and a jump-in of water in the middle. It you map out the entire thing, it'll become obvious, BUT if you give me a minute I'll get you a screenshot of a newly generated world, okay?

746994141_LunarIslandtracking.thumb.png.5db695d992cde4e7043baadb278008d3.png

Okay, I think I finally understand this. Now I can find that god damn Lunar Island. Huge thanks!

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Depends of experience and if you play solo or with more people

Wurt isnt a bad character for ruins rush. Going to the moon island to solve any food problem is other early game path. If you dont go to the moon island in early, think about cactis and bunny men as fount of food for winter

A mass of swamp near base (or basing inside of the swamp) helps a lot in early game

Take in count that merms fight spiders and mosquitoes and doesnt eat the loot so you can gather a lot of resources just planting a spider egg near merms. Also pigs and merms will fight but the pigs skins and meat will not be eaten by merms.

I like to have a mass of trees near another bunch of houses to chop at any time of day. It can be birchnuts trees to have access to trail mix and also, the poison birchnut tree can be easily killed by merms.

Dont mess building the kind platform until you want it. Is good to have that buff and warrior merms but isnt mandatory until you have solve other early game problems. Also his loot table is nearly useless for the time expend in getting fishes

I like to make houses near base before starting to build the ones to fight bee queen

Make merm wars to gather fishes quickly than fishing

Is good idea to build a couple of merm houses near of meteor showers (but far enough to dont be destroyed) to help you gather rocks everytime you go there

Build few merm warrior houses near your dragonfly arena (in a safe place) to help you stunlock her to take an extra scale and make the fight a little quickly

Kelp + drying racks will be your sanity food (for fw i still recommend cactis) and dragonpie or trail mix (merms can help you chopping birchnuts) are good healing choices but you have many others like roasted tomatoes, potatoes or eggplants for 20hp each. Moon island moths arent a bad sanity food too but it takes time to gather them. Also i like to plant few flowers near my kitchen to have butterflies and butter. In late you can simply rely on honey

Meat=eggs for filler

If you dont want to grind so much to get gold, when you have some time be preparing the spawn gate to change character to trade with PK

I always play solo, and these tips will definitely give me a WAY better experience playing Wurt. Many thanks my dude.

37 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

There were many gold tips already, I'll give my 2 cents:

- Base location:

Hide contents

I rather not base at swamp. I mean its good to keep it close, and early game you will visit it often, but later in the game, I rather basing at the moonstone for permanent light, or oasis (cactii food all year + flingo free base), or next to bee queen, or anywhere else. Beyond the early game the swamp will not provide many advantages, and you can create or transplant turf easily. If you play on a public server and fear griefing, try finding a corner of the world where your base is hard to spot, and surround yourself on merms,  leaving outposts away from your base in a radius, most people won't come near.

- Early game (standard)

Hide contents

Usually I try to collect, plant and fertilize at least 25+ berry bushes. Even though while you explore you keep finding free food, eventually all of that will be gone, and its good to keep a backup plan, specially if you didnt go to lunar island before the first winter. Hire the free merms at swamp to start mining and chopping for you on ypur early travels, and build at least 3 regular merms near your base for defense and work.

- Early game (Rush alternative, harder)

Hide contents

Hire 4 merms from swamp, use them to collect loads of wood, some stone and kill spider nests that you find at swamp. Rush having all boat materials (many boards, rope, silk, cutstone), precraft the nautical machine, then go exploring the edges of the map. Once you found the straight edges on the horseshoe, make a simple boat with a chest, and find lunar island. Bring all the stone bushes and kelp you find, then plant them where you want your base to be, you won't have any more food problems so its time to start building merms. At least 3 to 5 normal ones, for working and simple fights will do.

- Mid Game

Hide contents

If you didn't go to lunar island yet, do it. If you did, then make a merm king and start collecting stuff to make merm soldiers. Place a flingo (yes even if you live at oasis) Usually it doesnt take me super long before I have 20+ merm soldiers in my flingo range. You can hire them with avocados, from the stone fruits.

20+ merm soldiers are enough to help you defeat bee queen (try to fight too, and if its getting too close, give some of them beehats). If you start consistently killing bee queen, you get 3 important advantages: Your main healing will now be jellybeans, which makes you regenerative. Your main Helmet can be the bee crown, which has a lot of durability and lets you farm pig skins later on, plus will help you keep your sanity, and you will have bundles to keep your fast spoilage veggies always readily available. 

Late game: 

Hide contents

Kill dfly, establish a pig farm, raid the ruins, create a cave base with merms to help you clear the ruins. Its up to you.

-About Healing:

Hide contents

Early game I just use blue caps and healing salves. Glommer goop is helpful as well. You can also sleep in a tent. Later in the game its usually blue caps farms, jellybeans, or honey poultice (or a combination of the above). Keeping sanity to me means a mix of dried kelp, cooked cactii, cooked green caps, or sleeping. Dried kelp being the most important one (you can make a ton of it and keep it your bundle)

Now THIS, THIS is what I was looking for, if I had money I would give all of it, because this, is pure GOLD. Thank you so much, your tips are really good!

1 hour ago, FrozenMountan said:

I don't think that is what the post was asking for.

Yeah I know, this response is a troll, no biggie.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your using a slow boat.. your going to go nowhere and fast, it does not take a lot of time to get a fully functional boat going, Sail, Anchor, Steering Wheel those are your bare essentials.. if your using a paddle it’s going to be a slow and painfully boring journey-

(I play mostly alone and this was still easy to set up and create)

44BC1E7E-5166-4102-B704-7B735430B0CA.jpeg.18734d5f8eec54731cdfa661973d0bbb.jpeg

also you can find all my Wurt tips Here: for the sake of not reposting them I’ll just link the thread-

Yeah I know, from now on I will be only be making fast boats, I have only sailed like 2 times so it is to be expected that I make mistakes.

Your tips in that thread are definitely very good and I can't wait to check them all and try them out. I didn't know Wurt was so hated by players, since she provides such a rich and different experience. Many thanks my friend!

In my current Wurt world I rushed the ruins in first Autumn. For that trip I lived off of carrots, lichen, and blue caps. Once I got back up to the surface I had plenty of unpicked carrots and berries from starter biomes to keep me going for a while. I also picked a lot of cactus in first Winter since they grow back and I wanted to top off my sanity for boss fights. In Spring I believe I knew enough of the map to sail to Lunar Island for the kelp and stone fruit. If I hadn't rushed the ruins tho, I probably would have tried for lunar in first Autumn. Those two food sources are so good for Wurt and both grow in the Winter.

I see a lot of good responses already but let me know if you have any other specific questions that haven't been answered.

EDIT: Regarding the early-game healing food. I think I did mostly blue caps for healing, but I also carried healing salves on me. Once I got a berry bush farm going then trail mix became important, and since BQ went down I mostly use jellybeans. Honey is also pretty good for healing, which is why I'll wait to eat until I take some damage, then I can slam like 5-10 honey to recover.

9 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

In my current Wurt world I rushed the ruins in first Autumn. For that trip I lived off of carrots, lichen, and blue caps. Once I got back up to the surface I had plenty of unpicked carrots and berries from starter biomes to keep me going for a while. I also picked a lot of cactus in first Winter since they grow back and I wanted to top off my sanity for boss fights. In Spring I believe I knew enough of the map to sail to Lunar Island for the kelp and stone fruit. If I hadn't rushed the ruins tho, I probably would have tried for lunar in first Autumn. Those two food sources are so good for Wurt and both grow in the Winter.

I see a lot of good responses already but let me know if you have any other specific questions that haven't been answered.

EDIT: Regarding the early-game healing food. I think I did mostly blue caps for healing, but I also carried healing salves on me. Once I got a berry bush farm going then trail mix became important, and since BQ went down I mostly use jellybeans. Honey is also pretty good for healing, which is why I'll wait to eat until I take some damage, then I can slam like 5-10 honey to recover.

First off, I can't believe that one of my favorite Dstubers comments on my post, that is really heartwarming.

With that out of the way, I found rushing the ruins in the first days to be too stressful for me so Lunar Island it is. I really wanted to see you playing Wurt, but from the vods I saw on your Twitch you were like day 1000+, so I couldn't see your strategies and game plans when creating a new world.

6 hours ago, kNichael said:

First off, I can't believe that one of my favorite Dstubers comments on my post, that is really heartwarming.

With that out of the way, I found rushing the ruins in the first days to be too stressful for me so Lunar Island it is. I really wanted to see you playing Wurt, but from the vods I saw on your Twitch you were like day 1000+, so I couldn't see your strategies and game plans when creating a new world.

Here's a tip that is good in general, but specially important for rushing Lunar Islands: hammer all pig houses you encounter when you're uncovering the map. Getting easy boards and cut stone will make it way easier for you to build a boat. For a boat with anchor, steering wheel and one mast, you'll need 11 boards, 7 ropes, 3 cut stones, and 8 silk. But please keep in mind that messing with pigs is dangerous to do as Wurt. You can either fight them or run away from them, but you'll probably end up taking considerable damage sometimes. So make a point to spend a night in the Deciduous biome (the brown one) collecting blue mushrooms to heal up, or make armor as soon as you can.

Remember to prototype a shovel before you go! It has happened to me that I got to the Lunar Island and wasn't able to dig up the stone fruit bushes :frown-new:

Another tip, once you have planted the stone fruits in your base, is to give a seed or kelp to a merm before you start mining the fruits. The merm will mine them all for you once you start, so you won't have to keep wasting pickaxes on them ;)

I provided my Wurt tips in the previous post BUT here is my general game plan while playing as her in a public Xbox live survival server it’s a rather simple plan that all serious Wurt players should strive for-

Join a server and when people tell you you shouldn’t have picked Wurt because your going to starve- Prove Wurts usefulness by setting up a massive base faster then other players in the server can, and THEN proceed to out live every single last one of them.. When Wurts the only one not ghosting around the map- They’ll have no choice but to accept that she’s not as useless as they claimed.

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

Here's a tip that is good in general, but specially important for rushing Lunar Islands: hammer all pig houses you encounter when you're uncovering the map. Getting easy boards and cut stone will make it way easier for you to build a boat. For a boat with anchor, steering wheel and one mast, you'll need 11 boards, 7 ropes, 3 cut stones, and 8 silk. But please keep in mind that messing with pigs is dangerous to do as Wurt. You can either fight them or run away from them, but you'll probably end up taking considerable damage sometimes. So make a point to spend a night in the Deciduous biome (the brown one) collecting blue mushrooms to heal up, or make armor as soon as you can.

Remember to prototype a shovel before you go! It has happened to me that I got to the Lunar Island and wasn't able to dig up the stone fruit bushes :frown-new:

Another tip, once you have planted the stone fruits in your base, is to give a seed or kelp to a merm before you start mining the fruits. The merm will mine them all for you once you start, so you won't have to keep wasting pickaxes on them ;)

Actually, hammering pig houses isn't the only easy source for boards and cut stone, because merms are very reliable sources that can fasten the chopping and mining process, which is further affected more with a numerous amount of merms at your side. I kind of have a problem right now with finding the Lunar Island, my world generation kind of flipped me up because I'm pretty confused as to where the Lunar Island is in my world. Below is the map of my world and I would appreciate it if you could tell me where the Lunar Island direction is since I'm preparing for the trip  .

image.png

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I provided my Wurt tips in the previous post BUT here is my general game plan while playing as her in a public Xbox live survival server it’s a rather simple plan that all serious Wurt players should strive for-

Join a server and when people tell you you shouldn’t have picked Wurt because your going to starve- Prove Wurts usefulness by setting up a massive base faster then other players in the server can, and THEN proceed to out live every single last one of them.. When Wurts the only one not ghosting around the map- They’ll have no choice but to accept that she’s not as useless as they claimed.

Unfortunately, as much as I love Wurt, I don't wanna join a server since I'm happy in my small, little world. At the moment I find it more enjoyable to play alone because I don't want to ruin the experience for others by being "myself". I definitely have a lot to work until I can strive so I will prepare for that when I will show the world the power of Wurt :D.

40 minutes ago, kNichael said:

Below is the map of my world and I would appreciate it if you could tell me where the Lunar Island direction is since I'm preparing for the trip  .

Indeed you got a map that is tricky to figure out, but I am very confident it is right here:

Map1.thumb.png.18c74d57d12bc37031c40c5c58beead7.png

The detailed explanation is in the spoiler below. I feel even more confident it's there after drawing it out.

Spoiler

Your map has much more straight edges than usual. (Straight edges can also mean that shore is close ot the edge of the map.) So also take as markers the entrances of water in your map, that form these narrow bays (or wide rivers, depending how you look at it). The Lunar Island will be at the intersection of two lines perpendicular to straight edges, and a line going through one of those bays/rivers. There is one spot on your map that covers all of this.

map2.thumb.png.8f9d63b2c0094d1ef864a478e99b6e3a.png

2 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Indeed you got a map that is tricky to figure out, but I am very confident it is right here:

Map1.thumb.png.18c74d57d12bc37031c40c5c58beead7.png

The detailed explanation is in the spoiler below. I feel even more confident it's there after drawing it out.

Hide contents

Your map has much more straight edges than usual. Also take as markers the entrances of water in your map, that form these narrow bays (or wide rivers, depending how you look at it). The Lunar Island will be at the intersection of two lines perpendicular to straight edges, with a line going through one of those bays/rivers. There is one spot on your map that covers all of this.

map2.thumb.png.8f9d63b2c0094d1ef864a478e99b6e3a.png

Thank you so much dude. Now I have thought of this to be the direction of the Lunar Island but it was indeed tricky because there were other possibilities that got me in trouble. Drawing them does seem more helpful, especially in these types of situations.

I kind of need your help right now. I recently passed winter and right now I'm at the beginning of spring. My main accomplishments that I have done so far are the following:

1)Found the Lunar Island.

2)Planted 20+ stonefruit saplings.

3)Killed Deerclops and got the walking cane.

4)Made the royal tapestry and made a merm king.

5)I have made about 6-8 merm houses near my base.

6)Planted 20+ bull kelp near my base.

My goal right now is to get materials to make 20 merm flort-ifications to fight Bee Queen and then prepare to rush the ruins for summer. First off I want to ask if these two are good goals, and if so, I need some help with fighting the Bee Queen (if 20 merm guards are enough or do I need more, and do I need to equip them with some sort of armor?). If there are more important tasks to do I would really appreciate you guys telling me, if it isn't much of a bother to you. Thank you for the help so far and have a wonderful day!

Archived