What is your game plan when playing Wurt?

Just now, Misa22 said:

On top of everything people pointed out, I just have a mini-tip regarding stone fruit farming:

Befriend 2-3 merms and let them "mine" the fruit stacks for you, they will eat a couple fruits but you are not gonna need all of them anyway. 

Other thing i don't see players doing is removing the swamp turf once you have built merm structures (this is subjective, since swamp turf is kinda "meh" looking). So you carry 1 swamp tile and you can plant houses wherever you want, then you pitchfork it back. 

I already use the first tip, but the second is definitely helpful but I prefer merm buildings to be built on marsh turf. Nevertheless I will not forget that second tip. Thank you :D.

Hey everyone! First of all I just want to thank all of you for the amazing tips and help you guys provided. Thanks to you, I now have a passion for this game stronger than ever before, so again I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Currently, in my world, I have done many things, but making my base look good isn't one of them, so I am very interested to see your suggestions and opinions on how to make my base look better. I am not the creative type, so here is a screenshot of my main base and the one that I want to change at the moment.

image.thumb.png.3c10fd1a862ca8ce6eaf5d7b5b0602c1.png

Have a wonderful day!

5 hours ago, kNichael said:

Hey everyone! First of all I just want to thank all of you for the amazing tips and help you guys provided. Thanks to you, I now have a passion for this game stronger than ever before, so again I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Currently, in my world, I have done many things, but making my base look good isn't one of them, so I am very interested to see your suggestions and opinions on how to make my base look better. I am not the creative type, so here is a screenshot of my main base and the one that I want to change at the moment.

image.thumb.png.3c10fd1a862ca8ce6eaf5d7b5b0602c1.png

Have a wonderful day!

you can find lots of inspiration here;

I honestly just spend a few days hunting loads of butterflies, sticks, and carrots. Butter muffins are extremely strong for how easy they are to make. Otherwise juicy berries are extremely busted too. Three cooked juicy berries can feed wurt for an entire day, so I don't see how you can starve at all playing solo or without too many people. 

10 hours ago, Ketrai said:

I honestly just spend a few days hunting loads of butterflies, sticks, and carrots. Butter muffins are extremely strong for how easy they are to make. Otherwise juicy berries are extremely busted too. Three cooked juicy berries can feed wurt for an entire day, so I don't see how you can starve at all playing solo or without too many people. 

Trust me, stone fruits are even better considering how many you can produce, and when you have a bundling wrap you can keep up to 120 fresh stone fruit. You also gain A LOT of rocks which are always helpful and come in handy.

14 hours ago, Intrepidpioneer said:

You can focus more on symmetry. Having equal amount of stuff in areas of your flooring.

You can clean up the clutter on the floor and add little signs telling you what goes in which chest.

You can add fencing to make things look nice. Those are for starters

Yeah, my chests really could use some sings, but probably I will break all of them and move them to a special little area for my base (don't know how to decorate it though). 

The stuff on the floor does make it feel a little cluttered, so I will move everything in chests. Time to mass-gather logs again, yay!

Also, can you give me some examples of fencing, that would add a nice touch to it.

Thanks for the tips, these will definitely make my base look better. Cheers!

11 hours ago, gaymime said:

you can find lots of inspiration here;

Alright, I'm gonna check it out. Thank you bro!

day 1-3: rush backpack, shovel and pre-craft alchemy machine (collect 40 berries for rot)

day 3-6: explore - shovel 20 grass tufts, twig roots, berry bushes, hammer for some pig skin (stay nomadic until you find swamp)

day 6-9: set up your base in swamp, plant your crops, stack of berries close to rot now, build kitchen (birdcage + crockpot)

day 9-12: bring 2-3 merms on a mass chopping spree, craft 5 cookie boats next to bull kelp (they regrow every 3 days so easy 20 kelp)

day 12-15: go explore - craft lanterns, shave beefalos, find gears for icebox, transport spider dens to the swamp

plant merms next to spiders/hound mounts then frog legs/monster meat into eggs - 3 eggs + 1 berry = basically turn a berry into 50 hunger

Honey - Wurt is always basing in swamp so honey poultice (30 hp) and taffy (15 sn)

Mushroom logs - Wurt has easy access to living logs & rot, blue (20 hp) green (-50 sn or 15 sn)

Basic/improved farms are overall meh for Wurt though they do give some decent recipes (jams = meatballs)

On 10/18/2020 at 12:37 PM, Intrepidpioneer said:

----

i also like to rush bees bc honey poultice supplements the lack of birch nuts in winter and u can use up to 2 in fruit jam, 6 honey is also essentially a meatball to wurt with better healing so  you can just have a stack of honey on you constantly without a care

Archived