What do you think about Webber?

Hey lads, I just want to know what do you think about Webber ins his current state, I don't have any ideias for a rework but I believe that it would be a big step if spidders didn't break walls or doors, this way it would be easyer for Webber to base with others.

I think he's underrated. Like, serious underrated.

I'm in the mindset that he needs a rework to make his "Teamwork role" more interesting and funny, because otherwise some people can see him as a "Wilson with 1 upside" character if he's not playing with other Webbers.

But Webber has a lot of Strenghs that a lot of people skip/don't know about/don't use for some reason.

Webber - Wendy can farm Monster Meat way faster and safer, since Abigail stunlocks all spiders that are at her range. Also, Spider Warriors aren't a problem either, just help her take 'em out by landing a couple of hits on those or if it's not more than 4/5 just let her do the job.
Webber can help a Wigfrid creating a "Sanity Station", since Spiders are easy asf to kill, as long as the Wigfrid playing is a competent fighter.
Webber, Wickerbottom and Wolfgang. Wicker can get the Berries, and Webber with the help of another Webber or Wendy or even by himself can get hundreds of monster meat. Having an almost infinite source of Meatballs available

Etc etc etc.
People should give a chance to the boy.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:28 AM, Kommu said:

Webber - Wendy can farm Monster Meat way faster and safer, since Abigail stunlocks all spiders that are at her range. Also, Spider Warriors aren't a problem either, just help her take 'em out by landing a couple of hits on those or if it's not more than 4/5 just let her do the job.
Webber can help a Wigfrid creating a "Sanity Station", since Spiders are easy asf to kill, as long as the Wigfrid playing is a competent fighter.
Webber, Wickerbottom and Wolfgang. Wicker can get the Berries, and Webber with the help of another Webber or Wendy or even by himself can get hundreds of monster meat. Having an almost infinite source of Meatballs available

This is perk of farming spiders in general. Wendy, Woodie, Wiona or just several bunny hutches can do a way better job at killing spiders than Webber.

In my experience, people tend to pick Webber because they like his lore/trait of being a monster and often over looked his game play: his perk can be harmfull to other players in alot of way and he offers nothing special in return. May be he could have more control over his followers, and better at clearing spider queens that invaded the map over time.

Honestly, I love him! As a webber main myself I enjoying playing the character a lot. 

But.. I do know he has some downsides to him and really does need a rework and hopefully soon! Since this is DST I would appreciate some more things to the character that would let him work better with other characters than just him being kind of a character that only has support for himself kinda if that makes sense at all? Most of the time I hear people just saying that when someone plays webber they just??? live off from everyone else?? 

I'm not 100% sure what would be good for a webber rework but I am hopeful for the future!

6 hours ago, FuriousChimera said:

This is perk of farming spiders in general. Wendy, Woodie, Wiona or just several bunny hutches can do a way better job at killing spiders than Webber.

In my experience, people tend to pick Webber because they like his lore/trait of being a monster and often over looked his game play: his perk can be harmfull to other players in alot of way and he offers nothing special in return. May be he could have more control over his followers, and better at clearing spider queens that invaded the map over time.

You telling me Woodie and Winona are better at farming spiders than Webber and Wendy?

Webber can create nest whenever he wants, he can just place 15 or 20 nests all near eachother, Wendy activates Abigail, passes through to activate all the spiders and boom, all of them dead.
Winona kills them faster but to get the nests she needs to kill Level 3 Nest first, but let's supose she's working with a Webber. It would still take more preparation to make proper use of the catapults (The walls, the gems, yada yada), and while it kills properly, Wendy could have killed twice the amount or even triple the amount that Winona has killed in that time. While winona killed 5 spiders in 5 seconds, Abigail killed 20-25 in 10 (Without any previous preparation).
also i can't find an example for woodie, i mean, in his morphs he's good at killing any basic mobs, but, i insist, not as fast as Wendy.

He's just underrated man, i'm not saying that there's not other better options, but Webber can be extremelly useful if used in the proper hands AND with the proper teammates.
And about his perk being "Harmful"... I mean, please, either you're playing with Newbies that the first  words that come out of his mouth are "WHERE IS BASE" or either none of them knows how to play Webber. Any minimal competent Webber would place their nests wayyyy far from the base, and in a place where he knows nobody will be harmed or go nearby. And while i don't neglect the part that maybe a Quarter of the reason of me playing Webber is because i think he's the most adorable thing in the game, he also has his good upsides (The ones mentioned previously)
Webber, for example, can eat semi-spoiled Food, Monster Meat and his variables, etc, and that can help to keep him satyisfied and save the other foods for their teammates.
Let's get on paper:
If a Webber is together with a Wickerbottom and both are in a hurry to eat something (Let's say, both are in 5 hunger because yes), but there's just 1 meatball in the fridge, Webber just goes to his nest OR creates one, makes a spider war or kills the spiders by himself, and boom, done, both have something to eat. Full Food Bar + Extra Monster Meats for Wicker to make Meatballs.

Webber's biggest weakness is that he doesn't have a proper place in most lategame worlds. If you have loose pigs or rabbits to add a bit of atmosphere, he's in danger of getting either a pig fist or rabbit incisors to the face just because the host wants to make a sprawling area. 

Spider queens can potentially emerge before the first winter and if you kill a queen, you do a few things webber can. An important thing being starting spider wars to farm loot. Even webbers like to have the queen hat for a meatless war. 

Before day 100-200, webber is a great character. After 200, he's worse than wilson. 

Unless you have a world that is catered JUST for webbers. 

with the mask he would have no downsides, there is mods for who want to play with him this way tho.

When Webber recive his rework what I want the most it's to be able to use spider variants in a solid way, maybe he gaining the ability to transform nests with resources, moon rock to moon island spiders, nitre for the cave tank spiders, I don't know maybe even new spider quenn variants.

He doesn't need an item or a change in his stats if you think about it.
He needs a more efficient way to play with other teammates other than more Webbers or maybe a Wendy or Wicker and more ways to be useful in late games (just as Chirsg said).

He's great for the first 100 days, but after those days he just becomes a Wilson with an Upside, since at that point his strenghts are already weakened or surpassed by another character or a farm.

Give my boy a rework Klei >:(

Archived