Things getting intense

So, the Return of Them updates are leading up to something. This is pretty obvious especially when we consider the Celestial Tribute. But, I have noticed something while bingewatching the Don't Starve related update videos: The Return of Them updates' music. Specifically the end-music, when the video has finished. This music gets more intense as the updates progress. I'll link the videos in here, except for the Hook, Line and Inker one, as the ending music there is just Winter's Feast.

This is just something I found, and thought was worth sharing.

Another thing is, the Moon is pretty much the opposite of Them. There's a bunch of evidence to this, so I'll list a few:

• Glass Cutter is effective against Shadow Creatures. They of course arent the shadow creatures, but They did create them with nightmare fuel, which comes from Them, so yeah.
  • the Nightmare Fissures and Celestial Fissures. These are very similar, both of them going through a cycle. In the case of the Nightmare Fissures, the Nightmare Cycle, and in case of the Celestial Fissures, the Moon Cycle.
  • Both of them can ruin life. They can corrupt stuff, like the Ancients with Nightmare Fuel, while the Moon can mutate beings into weird, uh, things, as we see with the Shattered Spiders, Horror Hounds, Carrats, or the Corn Cod too.

Based on this, I assume that the Moon had enough of Them taking over the Constant with Charlie, as of course, Charlie is manipulated by Them like Maxwell once was. Charlie's plans are unknown, but it is clear that she is trying to open the Gateway so They can come through. This has once been prevented by the Ancient King, but now, someone else has to interfiere. And that someone is the Moon.

I just love the writing genius of Klei. The Lunar Island didnt just come down here out of nowhere; it has been foretold. By Wormwood, no less. Who is Wormwood? Wormwood, is a biblical entity, a fallen star, who came bearing the news of the coming Apocalypse. Wormwood fell down from the moon, like a falling star, and whaddayaknow, soon after, the Moon followed

Also one thing I noticed right away in turn of tides and salty dog, but didnt post about cuz i cant get a better image but, i noticed in the top right there is a house looking thingy. It is VERY faint but idk just some house there.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 9.57.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 9.57.54 PM.png

Edit: Me drawing over it :P

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 9.57.40 PM.png

Yo I just noticed something!

A lot of the new mobs are related to or covered in rocks, like the lunar penguins and spiders

And the only new shadows since Charlie took over are to stop you from seafaring

And the glass cutter takes less durability against shadows

So it seems a cold war against the shadows/Charlie and the sea/lunar island has been escalating (proven by the more and more intense music, and the sea/lunar island seeming to lure you in, with the shadows trying to stop you)

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this is because the glass cutter is made of glass and shadows are ethereal insteado of having a hard body

Yeah that's also true

But I think it was specifically designed by the Altar/Gestalts/Lunar Island/Them to specifically be used Against Shadows, This making it out of something that cuts easily and is not damaged by shadows

Another thing is, the Moon is pretty much the opposite of Them. There's a bunch of evidence to this, so I'll list a few:

• Glass Cutter is effective against Shadow Creatures. They of course arent the shadow creatures, but they did create them with nightmare fuel, which comes from Them, so yeah.
  • the Nightmare Fissures and Celestial Fissures. These are very similar, both of them going through a cycle. In the case of the Nightmare Fissures, the Nightmare Cycle, and in case of the Celestial Fissures, the Moon Cycle.
  • Both of them can ruin life. They can corrupt stuff, like the Ancients with Nightmare Fuel, while the Moon can mutate beings into weird, uh, things, as we see with the Shattered Spiders, Horror Hounds, Carrats, or the Corn Cod too.

Based on this, I assume that the Moon had enough of Them taking over the Constant with Charlie, as of course, Charlie is manipulated by Them like Maxwell once was. Charlie's plans are unknown, but it is clear that she is trying to open the Gateway so They can come through. This has once been prevented by the Ancient King, but now, someone else has to interfiere. And that someone is the Moon.

I just love the writing genius of Klei. The Lunar Island didnt just come down here out of nowhere; it has been foretold. By Wormwood, no less. Who is Wormwood? Wormwood, is a biblical entity, a fallen star, who came bearing the news of the coming Apocalypse. Wormwood fell down from the moon, like a falling star, and whaddayaknow, soon after, the Moon followed

Archived