How much hunger drain can you stand?

Hypothetically speaking, how much hunger drain would you be able to handle before you just couldnt take the heat? twice the hunger drain? 4x? 8x? I'd like to know. 

I think I'd be able to handle something like 5 or 6 times hunger drain in a singleplayer world before I'd just drop dead. 

when i was playing ds i would do about 200% to 300% just so i could play normally but in together i recently have bumped it up by 112% and it seems to be working out alright though i might go to 150% soon

as for hypothetically? in ds i could probably survive 350/400% before i would no longer be able to go anywhere and would burn through meatballs at about the rate it takes to make a meatball and in dst i could imaging close to 200% though i certainly wouldn't be able to leave base which means i'd eventually starve once i ran out of seeds for planting since i only have a bunny farm so most of my meat is monster and therefore inedible outside of crockpotting. i wouldn't want to imagine starting a new game at that level of drain x''D

I mean, I handled full bloom with Wormwood in Hamlet without having to devote lush season to eating and gathering more food, so 2x is something I know I can handle at least short-term without changing my routine a whole lot. 3x is probably the point where I could deal with it if things were otherwise going well but any additional misfortunes interrupting my food farming would make starving to death a very likely possibility.

Eventually you get enough passive food production that you could handle an arbitrary amount of hunger drain.  Solo DST I can survive as mighty wolf which is 2.25x to 3x hunger drain.

The bigger issue is how time consuming and low risk gathering ingredients is, the process becomes tedious.

To a knowledgable player, hunger is less of a challenge and more of an inconvenience. While possible to survive with a 5x, 10x, or even higher hunger drain it isn't necessarily fun. There's also an oversight (last tested working before the latest sailing update, so it could have been fixed) which lets you freeze your hunger meter, so you could survive with any number, even if it drained your entire hunger bar in a second or less.

But I prefer my food consuming to be between 1x and 3x. 

Archived