[Game Update] - 186

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.86 - 8/20/2020 (PlayStation 4)

qualityoflife_update_aug2020.png

Hey everybody. 

We hope you're all out there doing well. We're back with another QOL update. As before, we're using this time to give the team some room to catch for the next update. And in classic Klei fashion, we took this opportunity for a small update and went a little overboard.  

In addition to that, we have a bunch of fun stuff to give away. We have new twitch items, login-in rewards, and a new Klei reward item as well!

Update Notes

• Added the Cookbook item for survivors to record and review their culinary adventures.
    • The Cookbook item can be crafted under the Food crafting tab.
    • Recipes will be learnt when the player who cooks the food picks up the item off the cooking device.
    • Food details will be displayed upon eating it.
    • The 6 most recent unique recipes will be stored, older ones will be forgotten.
    • The history is stored in your online profile and can be viewed in the compendium.
  • Changed the screen flash effect for lightning and gunpowder.
  • Screen flashes (lightning and gunpowder) will no longer close any containers you have open.
  • Added the option "Screen Flashes" to allow players to further reduce the intensity of screen flashes.
  • Tackle Box and the Spectackler Box can now be opened from the inventory. It will be dropped on the ground when doing so.
  • Batilisk Wings can now be used in the Crockpot.
  • The Ancient Guardian now drops a sketch to craft its statue. 
  • Improved the resolution of the ground textures.
  • Improved resolution on various items.
  • Improved resolution on walls.
  • Characters will now display their most recently used skins when previewing beards.
  • Rockjaws can now despawn.
  • Rabbit Earmuffs no longer require a science machine to prototype.
  • Reduced the amount of Tentacle Spots required to craft the Tail o' Three Cats.
  • Reduced the amount of Cat Tails required to craft the Cat Cap.
  • Reduced the amount of Batilisk Wings required to craft the Bat Bat.
  • Increased the chance of Batilisk dropping a Batilisk Wing.
  • Stingers can now be set on fire.
  • Added map icons for the Suspicious Marble pieces and the Crab King.
  • Wurt no longer disappears when reading a book while riding a beefalo.

New Streaming Drops

We are adding the Sorcerer's Staff to the Crystalline collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out the post here

telestaff_trio.png

New Login Bonuses: 

To keep the ball rolling, we have not one but TWO chests full of magnificent beards for Wilson and Webber! These will be granted for free upon login for a limited time, so grab them now while you can. 

Webber-Beards.png

Wilson-Beards.png

Klei Rewards!

And because we need to get more and more cool stuff into Klei Rewards, we have also added the Hunters Shovel to Klei Rewards for 1200 points. We also added the remaining 4 sets from the Side Show collection to Klei Rewards page. And have some free points too: https://accounts.klei.com/link/augQOL (link expires in 30 days)

shovel_feathered.png

Next update!

The team has been chipping away at the next big content update, but before that we have another Character Refresh coming up next month! Now, this image is probably a bit more on the nose than the teasers we have shared in the past, but frankly - we really just thought this was so cool that we had to share. As always, we'll have more details as we get closer to release. 

tease_bg_01.png

That's it for now. Thanks again for playing, have fun out there! Check out the original forum post for more details.

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Shopcat 1

I haven’t had time to check the update.. last time they made no mention at all of the Randomize Season and Season Length.. so I’ll go see what (if any) hidden secrets they threw in.

kinda busy with daily chores right now but hoping to get to it within the next hour.

I didn't get the chests with the new beards when I logged in? I also didn't seem to get my daily gift, although I don't remember getting my most recent discovery so I think that might be my daily gift and it just didn't show when logging in. But yeah, definitely haven't gotten the beards they're all locked in my curio cabinet.

4 minutes ago, keats95 said:

I didn't get the chests with the new beards when I logged in?

Ok so i got them, redeeming the Hunter's Shovel seemed to trigger it for me? Idk logging in and out multiple times didn't work but as soon as I redeemed the shovel they showed up the next time I logged in. I didn't get an animation for the shovel unwrapping on the main menu but it's in my curio cabinet so all good! Just in case anyone else has any issues with it

• Like 1

• Developer
19 hours ago, keats95 said:

I didn't get the chests with the new beards when I logged in? I also didn't seem to get my daily gift, although I don't remember getting my most recent discovery so I think that might be my daily gift and it just didn't show when logging in. But yeah, definitely haven't gotten the beards they're all locked in my curio cabinet.

Ok so i got them, redeeming the Hunter's Shovel seemed to trigger it for me? Idk logging in and out multiple times didn't work but as soon as I redeemed the shovel they showed up the next time I logged in. I didn't get an animation for the shovel unwrapping on the main menu but it's in my curio cabinet so all good! Just in case anyone else has any issues with it

• Thanks 2

On 8/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, JanH said:
  • Reduced the amount of Tentacle Spots required to craft the Tail o' Three Cats.
  • Reduced the amount of Cat Tails required to craft the Cat Cap.
  • Reduced the amount of Batilisk Wings required to craft the Bat Bat.

I'm afraid these changes didn't apply to the console update? They still have the old recipe!

Edit: Apparently just the BatBat that hasn't been changed.

Edited by Mj-
  • Like 5

• Developer
On 8/22/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mj- said:

I'm afraid these changes didn't apply to the console update? They still have the old recipe!

Edit: Apparently just the BatBat that hasn't been changed.

It seems the Bat Bat recipe change happened after the console builds were already done and submitted. Look forward to saving a few batalisk wings after the next update, coming soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2