automation

Please help me with this or gates...I wanna make situations where one duplicant is playing games, other ones can't make coffee or juice, contrariwise one is making juice/coffee, the second one cant play games. I dont get it why are all signals red, when all machines are idle.  

image.png

28 minutes ago, Petan said:

I wanna make situations where one duplicant is playing games, other ones can't make coffee or juice, contrariwise one is making juice/coffee, the second one cant play games.

I believe your reason is power usage? If that so, you can use power wattage sensor (I forgot exact name) and set that this machine can work if current watt usage lower than x.

44 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

These are all inputs, not outputs.

So probably I dont get what is input and what is output...because I think that coffee machine, electric grill or doors are ouputs..

8 minutes ago, Petan said:

I dont get what is input and what is output

Hover your mouse to that ports, it should tell you that it is input port. When it receive green signal, dupe can use it, otherwise turned off by automation.

Not many machines (as opposed to sensors) have outputs. When they do it's to signal a very specific thing like a charge/level or certain things in the space biome. No machine will directly tell you that it's in use

4 hours ago, Petan said:

Please help me with this or gates...I wanna make situations where one duplicant is playing games, other ones can't make coffee or juice, contrariwise one is making juice/coffee, the second one cant play games. I dont get it why are all signals red, when all machines are idle.  

image.png

The easiest way to do what you want is to connect a clock sensor to each machine, and set each one to be active at a different portion of your recreation time. I.e. coffee before 9pm, arcade 9-10pm, juicer 10-11pm. It'll heavily restrict your dupes options, but will avoid frying your wire if that's what you're trying to do.

9 hours ago, Petan said:

So probably I dont get what is input and what is output...because I think that coffee machine, electric grill or doors are ouputs..

You can see in in the gate: The two at the top are inputs, the bottom one towards the tip is an output. So you have inputs connected to inputs of your gate. That means no signals get ever sent. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:43 PM, abud said:

I believe your reason is power usage? If that so, you can use power wattage sensor (I forgot exact name) and set that this machine can work if current watt usage lower than x.

Yeah, this is how I'd do it (and also why I'd do it).

First you need to isolate your rec room power with a transporter (so the rest of the setup doesn't get triggered by stray demands on the power grid from other parts of the base).

Then link a wattage sensor automator on each machine, where you deactivate the machine if the power load is greater than 1W.

...actually no, it's harder than this, because with that setup the machine would deactivate itself as soon as it turns on. And actually using the machine on/off automation ports is gonna be tricky because you'd need a NOT/AND gate setup for each one.

How about this: wattage sensor on the input wire for each machine, each linked to a circuit breaker switch on the wires to the two *other* machines (for 6 circuit breakers in total), and... no, that still doesn't work, because the wire doesn't know which machine's drawing the power.

Only way I can see making this work is you need to put *each machine* on a separate transformer, that's how the wire can know which machine is drawing the load. Then put a wattage sensor on each of the 3 lines, and when it's drawing power it circuit-breaks both of the other lines.

Transformer-isolated wattage sensors are I think the only way you can tell if a manually-operated power-drawing machine is currently in purely elective use, so it's the only way you can efficiently cut off the other machines. I guess you could try hooking a transformer-isolated wattage sensor on "Green if below 1W" up to an AND gate for each machine, but that'd require 3 AND gates; I think two circuit breakers on each transformer branch will probably come out as a less messy-looking solution.

You can set the wattage sensor to a specific value. For example: One maschine draws 100W and another 200W. 1 Sensor for below 100W combined with a second sensor for >1W (to determine there is power usage) linked with an AND-Gate, And you have a valid output to disable the 200W machine. And for the other side a sensor that detects >100W disables the 100W machine. 

The only thing you cant to that easy is a grid with more than one machine with the same power-consumption.

Of course, jumping through all of those hoops is more or less pointless. 

The Video Game takes 1.2 KW.  It will break normal wires all by itself.

Why a video console takes as much power as an electric ore smelter is another question :).

One way to do what you seem to be trying to do is to

1) Use conductive wires (you have to if you want the VG in the mix)

2) Connect the wires through 2 normal transformers.

That will prevent more than 2 KW from ever being used at a time.

2 hours ago, Soulwind said:

Why a video console takes as much power as an electric ore smelter is another question :).

That one is obvious: The smelter is just simulated, i.e. easy. The video game is real! Hence it takes much more power. Simulated power... oh, wait....

Archived