Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Jrramon_GOLD

Why wagstaff should be in DST

Howdy partners. I have a request to make. I and many other people want wagstaff in DST. I think wagstaff would be a great character in DST. I don't know when wagstaff will be added to DST or if he will get added to DST but hes a great character. And so many people love him. The Character with be a great addition and people would love the change. 

But how could wagstaff benefit his team in a multiplayer game? Well wagstaff can give Telebrellas and telepads, To make fast travel. And wagstaff could make thumpers which everyone could use. And he could give everyone his set of goggles as well. He could give the night vision goggles and the armored goggles to other players. He well suitable for for cooperative play. I Know Slasher 342 did a teirlist were he put in wagstaff in the tier where he is a very bad cooperative character but that isn't true. I just told you that he is a good cooperative character.

What about character mods of wagstaff. Well klei could ask the creator of the hamlet character mod or forcefully take down wagstaff in that mod and sell wagstaff for money, Or they could make wagstaff free for everyone.

Then what about adding other characters such as wheeler? Well wheeler is a bad idea because 

Wheeler will never touch DST due to the implications with pvp, and she is Overpowered despite saying 100 health is a downside. She has more health than maxwell and a ranged weapon that does the damage of a wigfrid spear and its only ammo is twigs, She has a roll which allows her to map the world 1.4x faster and flee faster. In pve, she's UPGRADED from walter, and she promotes one of the most uncounterable pvp mechanics in the game, don't tell me about pvp being unbalanced, just because some of you are trash, doesn't mean pvp is unbalanced, maybe you shouldn't go after an entire team by yourself or need to abuse panflute or the fact that characters cant hit you when you're walking away from them.

Wheeler would be overpowered and broken in DST

Anyways im too lazy to type more. Tell me your opinions

7 hours ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

Wheeler will never touch DST due to the implications with pvp,

I agree Wheeler would be very powerful in PvP. But PvP should not be accounted for when reworking/adding a new character(And thankfully, Klei hasnt been accounting PvP in the recent reworks and new characters)

and a ranged weapon that does the damage of a wigfrid spear and its only ammo is twigs

How is this overpowered? Continuing the comparison of the Battle Spear and pewmatic/twigs. A Battle Spear does 42.5 dmg and has 200 uses, costing only two twigs, two flint, and two gold, dealing a total of 8,500 dmg when completely used. If a Wheeler wanted to match that dmg, shed have to use 189 twigs in total. I think I'd rather use a battle spear thanks. Not to mention, players can attack with the battle spear a lot faster than they can with the Pew-matic Horn.

She has a roll which allows her to map the world 1.4x faster

And this is overpowered because?..... I dont understand how this is overpowered. Cool she explored the map supposedly 1.4x faster. What now?

Anyhow... right the main topic of this is adding Wagstaff into DST.... Yeah hed be cool. The telipads and telebrellas are what I'd be most excited for if he were to he added.

15 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I guess the major roadblock is lore.

Well if you think about it...

wagstaff created the portal that got him into the constant (hamlet) what makes you think he won’t do it again, hell he brought himself into the world by purpose and will probably not stop exploring it

15F8762DB2F994F8BC0784EF44BFD85D8D440529

Also i would like to show you guys. There will likely only be 2 more charaters added into DST. They could add another row but 24 charater would be overwhelming.

Also In the Don't starve together discord There was this post

image.png.3643f75cc8c40824685f3ce5b99fa326.png

Most of the people want wagstaff, So klei might see this and add him into DST

9 hours ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

Also i would like to show you guys. There will likely only be 2 more charaters added into DST. They could add another row but 24 charater would be overwhelming.

I do not understand why the rows would need to be completely filled. As of right now, they are not.

Wagstaff officially gets pulled into the world of DS (for real this time) in the opening scenes of Winona’s Short, His gloved Hand is the hand Winona see’s before the portal explodes.

Wagstaff in DS Single Player was rumored to be a hologram, and it makes sense- Considering he has all those gadgets and tech and also created WX78 as a means to further explore the constant.

Im willing to bet that we will get more Wagstaff lore with WX78’s animated short, or at least we better...

Woodie got cheated on lore in his short, but his REAL Lore is scattered all over the place between Winona & now also Walters.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wagstaff officially gets pulled into the world of DS (for real this time) in the opening scenes of Winona’s Short, His gloved Hand is the hand Winona see’s before the portal explodes.

Wagstaff in DS Single Player was rumored to be a hologram, and it makes sense- Considering he has all those gadgets and tech and also created WX78 as a means to further explore the constant.

Im willing to bet that we will get more Wagstaff lore with WX78’s animated short, or at least we better...

Woodie got cheated on lore in his short, but his REAL Lore is scattered all over the place between Winona & now also Walters.

yep. when I was thinking of WX backstory short, I thought of a pinocchio moment with Wagstaff and WX.

My problem with Wagstaff is that any upside he could bring to the table could be given to Winona (an already rather underwhelming character). The last thing she needs is a character who can also build gadgets and machines that are just flat out better than hers. Wagstaff is very important to the lore, so I’m guessing we haven’t seen the last of him, but I sincerely hope he doesn’t arrive in the form of a playable character. I’d say give his buildings to Winona. Her examines could be something like “I remember these designs from my boss’s blueprints” or something I dunno. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

My problem with Wagstaff is that any upside he could bring to the table could be given to Winona (an already rather underwhelming character). The last thing she needs is a character who can also build gadgets and machines that are just flat out better than hers. Wagstaff is very important to the lore, so I’m guessing we haven’t seen the last of him, but I sincerely hope he doesn’t arrive in the form of a playable character. I’d say give his buildings to Winona. Her examines could be something like “I remember these designs from my boss’s blueprints” or something I dunno. 

wagstaff figure sketch?