Where do Hamlet and Shipwrecked come into play in the story?

So, people have mostly managed to put together the don't starve story, starting with the Ancients, then William carter, Don't Starve, Adventure mode, Cyclum, Don't Starve Together, then the events, but there's been something that has always confused me: Hamlet and Shipwrecked. There are no pointers I have seen that give me any real leads, and the only thing I can think of is that it is an alternate universe where Wilson went out to sea and going aiborn rather than going on adventure mode? That's my only real guess as to where they could fit. So if you have any better theories for where they come in to play in the story, please tell!

• Like 1

Does it matter? can't they just be there own little adventures without having any connections to the main plot?

Not like there's much to go off of in terms of story for the DLC's because there really isn't any.

My headcanon is that since death ain't permanent in the Constant Wilson had multiple attempts at escaping through boats and baloons and such. And just like that he found himself in respective dlcs. He died, respawned back in RoG and the cycle began anew. 

So Sw and Ham are just places somewhere on the planet ds/t takes action on.

• Like 6

My interpretation is that the singleplayer DLCs take place at roughly the same time as Reign of Giants, but Wilson and co eventually went back to the main Constant with the Seaworthy/Skyworthy. Or by dying there, since that's what happens if you die in SW/Ham with an effigy or touchstone set up in your RoG world but nothing locally. But there's no escape to be found there, so the only thing you can do at that point is go back to the hub. 

• Like 2

Spoiler
On 8/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, Blue Moth said:

So, people have mostly managed to put together the don't starve story, starting with the Ancients, then William carter, Don't Starve, Adventure mode, Cyclum, Don't Starve Together, then the events, but there's been something that has always confused me: Hamlet and Shipwrecked. There are no pointers I have seen that give me any real leads, and the only thing I can think of is that it is an alternate universe where Wilson went out to sea and going aiborn rather than going on adventure mode? That's my only real guess as to where they could fit. So if you have any better theories for where they come in to play in the story, please tell!

I have long created a document to record my guesses and assumptions about the lore of the entire game universe:
Basic concepts about the world and worlds:
The concept of the world of this universe is very abstract. There are many assumptions about how it works. I want to tell you about the approximate device:
A Constant  is a world that connects all other similar worlds, that is, there are an unknown number of copies of a given place that differ from each other in the placement of resources and other things. I think that everyone knows about the end of the solo project, where Wilson is forcibly put on the throne, and Maxwell dies (probably in this way "THEY" were able to erase the former magician's extra knowledge about themselves and their secrets), but in fact he is thrown into the world where the scientist himself was before him. Later, Wilson returns there again, because Maxwell is not a threat to Charlie, so she sends the would-be scientist back. Later there, Higgsbury and William assemble a portal that transforms into an Florid Postern connecting all the worlds and all the characters who have found Maxwell's door in their own variations of Constant.
All the worlds that exist in the DLC for the game are canonical. With a high probability, they are all in the same world, consisting of RoG, SW, Ham. So Warly and Wormwood were able to enter a single world of Constant. But, of course, in other ways that we do not yet know (there are guesses).
Notes to this section:
-There is a theory that the world of the Constant may be some kind of giant entity;
-Perhaps all the worlds are on the same planet;
-The worlds of the Gorge and the Forge are dimensions, so I didn't discuss them here;
-An Florid Postern could not connect the worlds from DLC, since there is no Maxwell's door;
-The nightmare throne is in an unknown location. Presumably, either it is located in a separate dimension, or in the center of the world itself, or in the center of the moon. There are a lot of versions about its location.

Edited by Russian_Philin
  • Like 4