2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No guys AUGUST is the QoL Update...

September will be something else. It’s also Important to Note that September is the month with a “Pirates day” holiday in it... so it goes without saying we SHOULD get something due to all the updates being based on Water and Boating and stuff 

And October BETTER be the return of my favorite time of year. ;) 

Correct, I forgot my seasons lol. August QoL, September rework and then October is up for debate. Hope it's a RoT update!

I dunno.. I’m playing the game right now but the ocean, boats and all the stuff they’ve been doing for the past 5 updates just feels like it’s still heavily “Beta” Content.. you know like it’s something that’s going to take quite a very long time to finish..?

Cause when I dig up a Plugged Sinkhole and go into a Cave it’s got a ton of content down in there, and I know that’s because caves and surface are ran on different server shards.. but even the Surface of DST seems to have more content then the ocean/islands and things out in the Ocean.

Im hoping that there’s a lot more updates coming to not just the ocean but the main land, new islands, maybe even revisit old areas of the game and update those with new content.

In its current form I’m not a big fan of THIS games Ocean content.. hate to say it but it’s just soooo empty & mostly boring- but we will see how much that changes or does not change later on I guess.

Even the new Troubled Waters stuffs seems to be crammed away in the furthest corner of my map.. Maybe I can chalk that up to the way it Retro fit into my already existing world, I may give in and delete said world to see if this changes- but for now it’s a long drive through literal nothingness.. no dolphins splashing up out the water, no stinkray shadows Moving about under the water, no strange air bubbles from the things living under the Sea.. it’s just- Empty.

I would like to think that it’s because the updates are still a long ways off from reaching that “Destination” Klei has in plan for Us. But sadly I.. I just don’t know.

Dont get me wrong- I love the updates they have done and they should take all the time that they need to provide us with good high quality contents. But the small updates they’re doing feels like it could take 2 or 3 years to fully flesh out ocean/ lunar/ Other Islands (if it ever feels fleshed out at all..) 

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No guys AUGUST is the QoL Update...

September will be something else. It’s also Important to Note that September is the month with a “Pirates day” holiday in it... so it goes without saying we SHOULD get something due to all the updates being based on Water and Boating and stuff 

And October BETTER be the return of my favorite time of year. ;) 

September will probably be the next character update. I’m predicting October will be the return of Hallowed Nights + new Return of Them update.

2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:
  • September will probably be the next character update. I’m predicting October will be the return of Hallowed Nights + new Return of Them update.
  • September will probably be the next character update. I’m predicting October will be the return of Hallowed Nights + new Return of Them update.

5767619eb6fca_20160619-Fightingcorruptedforums.thumb.gif.26b551e9c37b512156abd44ab730f969.gif

So my perspective still holds.  People are divided on the content because of course it's still in it's early stages.  If we had an ancient fuel weaver boss equivalent out on the ocean (with a equal reward table) opinions will change.  Right now it feels like we are barely reaching the 50% mark when it comes to what we get in RoT.  Klei sometimes holds off on major content changes till every piece of content is in place.  The QoL updates might be leaning towards earlier changes. I believe we will get more isles, bosses, quests npc's, some shipwreck overlapping with either content or rework and etcetera.  The new shadow creatures are a perfect example of a rework.  We did not just get another shadow creature on the ocean with normal attack patterns (swimming horror) ported to DS:T.  We got two new shadow creatures with new mechanics

Caves (post DS release)  was looked down upon during it's development cycle.  As people are repeating the same things now as they said then.  It's kind of why we got RoG expansion after the original cave release.  I think with the DS:T re-work it feels like an nice extension of the overworld.  Just hope the ancient guardian gets reworked a bit down the line.

Nevertheless I think Klei wanted some more room to breath with content.  It's why we got the ocean in the first place.  Eventually there will be content overlap that we never really got with caves because of certain limitations. It is what am looking forward to be quite honest.

Archived