Grifting through the files (aka Datamining)

On 2/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, Scrumch said:

Found what I think is a new NPC class in a brawl today? He's got unique animations but no special abilities or loot.

Those are the new Admiralty Investigators! I checked out their animations last week but I forgot to post them here lol:

And I know I haven't been really sharing about quests lately but Smith's day 4 technically exists now and this placeholder dialogue is too good to not share lol:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

also here's the death loot for the investigators:

classified_file.png.31b8f08dc4ee032098bdddc1e8e1cc0f.png

54 minutes ago, Sei Bellissima said:

Those are the new Admiralty Investigators! I checked out their animations last week but I forgot to post them here lol:

Told you the prestige in the Admiralty is based on the length of your weapon.

gotta play catchup aaaaaaaaaaaa

first off new faction, Deltrean:

faction_deltrean.png.09f07486dfbc30b4b80a089c848f9b75.png

this dude named Palamborat is the only member so far:

palamborat.thumb.png.0fc35d3d90d308055d6b5a1112cf90a4.png

time for spoilery stuff! first off some of that placeholder dialogue got replaced last night:

Spoiler

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

New dialogue:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

wild stuff is happening at the beach party

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

time for the exciting part ehehehe

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

After I posted that last screenshot of the file to the Discord server Kevin himself decided to pop in and bless us with this line:

Capture1.PNG.fdce04762377deeffe8963977797dd64.PNG

also, what's perhaps the most exciting: we got ending slides the other day!

Spoiler

txt = [[To say things were different after that would be an understatement.]],

--Text Displayed if Vix lives:
            -- The Banquod name was protected by the Cult. You were Hesh’s chosen, after all—defenders of the sea against an ancient threat. 
            -- Vix’malli retired to focus on his health. He never quite recovered from… whatever it was that happened to him, and he avoided the scrutiny of public life.

-- Text Displayed if Vix is dead:
            --With Vix’malli dead, the Cult struggled to interpret the Beaching’s true meaning. Was it a blessing, a test, or a challenge?
            --The Banquod name brought controversy and doubt to the Cult; if you could challenge Hesh, then maybe, so could others.
            --And you didn’t do much to dissuade them of the notion.

Spoiler

(you get this slide if not all the siblings lived)

txt = [[Building a family has its challenges, but you made do with the resources available. Some days were better than others. Other days you were worried you’d wake up dead.]],

--Text displayed if Andwanette joined the family & Theroux is dead: 
            --With Andwanette at the table, the parties got bigger and louder, but the finances grew, too. She proved talented at turning drama into profits, and while she was sometimes exhausting to keep up with, she certainly kept things interesting.

--Text displayed if Denikus joined the family & Theroux is dead: 
            --Denikus stuck around for a year before deciding to head to Rentoria. You gave him an envelope full of shills as thanks for not robbing you blind.
            --You didn’t always get Denikus, but he said you’d have a brother in Rentoria, if you needed it. And assuming you could find him.

--Text displayed if Theroux lives:
            --Theroux’s first marriage didn’t work out, and you made him work a bit for permission to have his second—but at least he promised to make you the best man.

--Text displayed if Mullifee lives:
            --Mullifee’s climb up the ranks has been slowed down by your influence in the Banquod family, but she doesn’t seem to mind. She called it a challenge, and then watched you swallow the pricklefish she’d snuck into your drink. Just like old times.

Spoiler

(you get this slide if all the siblings lived)

txt = [[Some days are better than others, but being back in Pearl-on-the-Foam has been easier than you’d have hoped.

Theroux’s first marriage didn’t last. But the family approved him for a second. And when that one fizzled out, too, he didn’t even need to ask permission for a third. (The third one stuck, fortunately).

Mullifee’s eye to the big picture paid off: she climbed the ranks of the military not with family influence but with precision and planning. Strangely, when she was offered a promotion in Supplicant City, she passed.

Vix’s health never really recovered, but his spirits did. You don’t know what to make of it, but you surprised yourself one day when you actually stopped Mullifee from applying itchwort to his glove drawer.]]

Spoiler

txt = [[It took a while for the pilgrims to clear out, but they soon learned there wasn’t anything especially divine about Pearl-on-the-Foam. Maybe they chased their faith elsewhere--or found they’d lost it somewhere in the chaos.]],

--Text displayed if you allied with Eden against Mullifee AND Eden lives:
            --One way things didn't change was in law--Eden maintained the status quo, gifting liberties to those who paid and meting out punishment to anyone in between. 

--Text displayed if you allied with Seemli against Mullifee AND Seemli lives:
            --Seemli’s movement puttered along in the shadows, bolstered by good news from elsewhere in Havaria. It wasn’t easy keeping the domestics on board—proximity to wealth is one hell of a drug—but whatever strange mysticism she believed in was enough to keep her going.

Spoiler

txt = [[There hasn’t been any sign of the Roalach again, though every now and then a rumor bubbles up and lingers like sea foam.]],

--Text displayed if Tei Utaro lives:
            --You never saw Tei again—at least, not face-to-face. But every now and then a shadow catches the edge of your eye, and you know you’re being watched. 

Spoiler

txt = [[And when you weren’t minding the family’s affairs, you found other reasons to stick around. 

Even with the rumors knocking at your ears and the unrest rumbling beneath your feet, you kept your footing. After all, if there was one thing you know best, it’s how to live in the moment. 
]]

2 hours ago, Scrumch said:

20210212215959_1.thumb.jpg.739c116856cd2b87010ceaa5c6cfb8b6.jpg

A second Momma Shroog has been added? I'm guessing she's placeholder-ing for Smith's day 4 boss.

Spoiler

That is vix of hesh, when vix gets corrupted by some eldritch power. It's a placeholder right now, and does not slightly resemble vix.

You're confusing Rook's and Smith's campaigns. 

I always kill every boss in Rook's campaign because it's simply better than sparing them. The day 1 bosses have zero upsides for sparing and all give good death loot, and Arint/Flekfis will hate you if spared and also give good death loot. The only reason to spare those two is that it makes it easier to turn on your faction during the Kalandra/Fellomo show-off by skipping a negotiation, which really doesn't make up for the downsides.

I wouldn't mind if the Rook day 1 bosses were more interactive or got expanded on in a Rook event for Smith's campaign. There's currently no way to even earn their boon/bane outside of Brawl AFAIK.

Today I decide to go full murderhobo and go on a rampage to get archenemy achievement. Typical Tuesday.

While I am doing the "Everyone's here" challenge fight in my mod, I found out about this guy.

image.thumb.png.14e68b649b9ebcea6a57547819991ac3.png

According to the code, they are supposed to be a new member of the rise

This is their battle pose:

image.thumb.png.d25bc3c4108be8c39eb78b494b827cce.png

This person will probably die next turn, so I will not find out about their attack pattern at this time.

Can't help but wonder why would a valet need an antenna sticking out of their behind. Also, the Fatigue boon reminds me that we could use a Fatigue counter somewhere, perhaps in the End Turn button's hint. Something along the lines of "you will Fatigue in X turns".

Also,

* You killed an official emissary from Deltree! That's not good!
* It was strictly legal, however, because it was a duel. {agent}'s friends are not happy, but they stow their revenge plans for now.

This explains why provoke kill has no consequences for some reason in this world.

The error message doesn't really tell much to be honest. It gives you a mod id, which is a number if the mod is from steam workshop. It would be a lot more useful if it tells you the alias of the mod, or even the name of the mod.

I think animcache is only loaded in non-debug mode to save up time. If you have debug on, it won't load, and the error probably(?) won't show up. Maybe.

Edit: Never mind. It is still loaded in debug mode, and I even disabled all of my mods. Look's like it is indeed the base game's problem.

image.thumb.png.6bcb32839ce94b3b4ab3d7af1009bfb4.png

Archived