I mean you said that everything you tried failed, so I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to fix that black screen abyss you must look at when opening the game. Maybe Charlie doesn't let you into the world of Don't Starve because she knows you would be rude and therefore she's blocking your screen, If that's the case then we can't mess with shadow queen's decission cause I don't want to have my own screen blocked as well.

If it doesn't work and Klei can't help within a day or two then I highly recommend getting a refund and buying some other game that while the steam summer sale lasts, that's what I would do, peace bro.

Is the screen black with no sound or is there sound? This is very important to know.

Further more, everything seems fine in the attached file, except for this bit

Spoiler

[00:00:03]: could not load modsettings: ../mods/modsettings.lua [00:00:03]: Warning: You may want to try reinstalling the game if you need access to forcing mods on. [00:00:03]: loaded modindex [00:00:03]: Event data unavailable: lavaarena_event_server/lavaarena_achievement_quest_defs [00:00:05]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS [00:00:05]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue [00:00:05]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history [00:00:05]: ServerPreferences could not load server_preferences [00:00:05]: bloom_enabled false [00:00:05]: Could not load saveindex [00:00:05]: OnFilesLoaded() [00:00:05]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete [00:00:05]: Klump load on boot started. [00:00:05]: Klump files loaded:

If you have visited the workshop before launching the game, then unsubscribe from everything you've been subscribed into.

After unistalling the game, make sure the files are all deleted before reinstalling.

If there is sound after the game launches but a black screen. Your graphics card might need an update.

Must be very funny making fun of somebody who was unlucky to be unable to play the game and face developers' ignorance, then face community toxicity.

Hopefully you all are aware that one day you might be the one who won't be able to launch the game and if not many other people have the same problem then you might as well as give up playing the game ever again.

19 hours ago, --- -.- said:

If it doesn't work and Klei can't help within a day or two then I highly recommend getting a refund and buying some other game that while the steam summer sale lasts, that's what I would do, peace bro.

I also would recommend you doing a refund and probably post on steam forums as well to inform potential buyers of kind of support they'd expect if they are unable to play the game.

2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Must be very funny making fun of somebody who was unlucky to be unable to play the game and face developers' ignorance, then face community toxicity.

Hopefully you all are aware that one day you might be the one who won't be able to launch the game and if not many other people have the same problem then you might as well as give up playing the game ever again.

I also would recommend you doing a refund and probably post on steam forums as well to inform potential buyers of kind of support they'd expect if they are unable to play the game.

"Play stup|d games, win dumb prizes" type-scenario.

You don't start an error report with profanities.

You provide a log file. You can fault people for not suggesting this option to OP: when you get a black screen going ad infinitum, CTRL+ALT+DEL, stop game process, enter in "User/Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether", copy client_log, perhaps check "Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\backup\client_log" as well, attach to error report on these forums - aka provide as much info as possible. Going REEEE and no useful info is a sure ticket-ride to TROLOLOL-Land as seen above.

4 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Its funny how you completely ignored the fact that he started by yelling swear words, that's how I react to rude people, so if it's toxic so be it. 

I’m from the south, and therefore just about every sentence that comes out of my mouth includes a swear word of some sort.. it’s how I was raised, and I don't see no problem with it. However there is a very fine line between how much swearing is acceptable & being Respectable person.

You don’t get results by providing no information and just being straight up rude.. if you want the developers to take you seriously, to assist & to not just completely avoid you, be polite & provide the correct informations a developer needs when they ask you for it.

Archived