Do Pips plant Wheezeworts?

8 hours ago, badfrogg said:

I ask because mine do not.

Important thing, wild Wheezewort have a cooling factor divided by 4. So 1 WW in Hydrogen will cool 3000 DTU/sec instead of 12 000 DTU/sec

I really don't see the advantage to use it in a wild form given you have tons of phosphorite on the asteroid and you can produce some with Dreckos.

53 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

I really don't see the advantage to use it in a wild form given you have tons of phosphorite on the asteroid and you can produce some with Dreckos.

The benefits from using them wild are that you can do without dupe labor. You can also encapsulate them completely that way. 

3 hours ago, Gurgel said:

The benefits from using them wild are that you can do without dupe labor. You can also encapsulate them completely that way. 

You don't need Duplicant to feed them, just use arms. And there's another inconvenient, you're limited to 3 plants each 9 tiles, so you will need a huge room for a small cooling effect.wwt.thumb.png.4efd3d23f7a0b48492aea715fa341183.png

2 hours ago, SamLogan said:

You don't need Duplicant to feed them, just use arms. And there's another inconvenient, you're limited to 3 plants each 9 tiles, so you will need a huge room for a small cooling effect.

On the plus-side, once you planted them, the cooling is completely free.

Those 9 WW provide 27 kDTU of cooling, which equates to saving about 55 watts in an Aquatuner cooling H2O/pH2O.  You can also get at least 50% of that power back in a Steam Turbine setup, so the power saving is negligible.

I was also pretty suprised at how easy it is to setup an Aquatuner/Steam Turbine cooler now (coming back to ONI after a year pause), so definitely not seeing any benefit to Wheezeworts.

Thanks. Yeah. there is a lot that not documented about how Pips work. I'm not sure what is still relevant in the current build of the game. My Pip would not plant even one where there were no other plants for many (like 15) tiles in any direction. I waited for at least 20 cycles and gave up on the idea. I am playing Mini Base so free cooling, even at 1/4 power, would have been useful. 

22 minutes ago, badfrogg said:

Thanks. Yeah. there is a lot that not documented about how Pips work. I'm not sure what is still relevant in the current build of the game. My Pip would not plant even one where there were no other plants for many (like 15) tiles in any direction. I waited for at least 20 cycles and gave up on the idea. I am playing Mini Base so free cooling, even at 1/4 power, would have been useful. 

Are you sure? Not all plants show up in the farming overlay. Air pressure has to be right as well. I never had an instance where the known rules did not work.

17 hours ago, badfrogg said:

can you provide screenshot of this situation?

21 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Air pressure has to be right as well.

Not only pressure but temperature and gas/liquid element also. Environment must be life supporting for the seed.
They plant seeds only on natural tiles. Hardness must be below some level (155 I think).

30 minutes ago, sheaker said:

Not only pressure but temperature and gas/liquid element also. Environment must be life supporting for the seed.
They plant seeds only on natural tiles. Hardness must be below some level (155 I think).

You are right. Basically hardness of the natural tile (no idea, but iron and copper ore from doors works), and all the condition the plant wants to have. In addition to the distance requirements.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, thejams said:

Those 9 WW provide 27 kDTU of cooling, which equates to saving about 55 watts in an Aquatuner cooling H2O/pH2O.  You can also get at least 50% of that power back in a Steam Turbine setup, so the power saving is negligible.

I was also pretty suprised at how easy it is to setup an Aquatuner/Steam Turbine cooler now (coming back to ONI after a year pause), so definitely not seeing any benefit to Wheezeworts.

Sometimes you need a scalpel not a sledgehammer.

19 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

And make sure there is enough pressure.

It is worth to keep in mind that description about pressure is inadequate. Required pressure for most of plants is 200g/tile, not 150g/tile as per description.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:53 AM, sheaker said:

It is worth to keep in mind that description about pressure is inadequate. Required pressure for most of plants is 200g/tile, not 150g/tile as per description.

The description is above 100g, and it is still accurate.

Spoiler

Pardon me, I mean the description in the linked thread. The requirements for growth in-game do indicate 150g, but they are unrelated to pip planting. Furthermore, the pip-required temperature range has between 50C and 100C extra leeway in either direction compared to the growth requirements. It depends on the particular plant, with no pattern that I could observe. I did not test all seeds.

You can see six varieties of plants having been planted in thermium tiles with 101g/tile of propane atmosphere in the live branch. They will fail to be planted at 100g/tile.

2.thumb.gif.302362fe3c80771e7394a7f57c595f6d.gif

On 6/25/2020 at 9:42 PM, sheaker said:

and gas/liquid element also

Elements and phase doesn't appear to matter. Above is propane, here is 150kg of supercoolant.

image.thumb.png.dfd98288587284314a17636426136836.png

5 hours ago, nakomaru said:

The description is above 100g, and it is still accurate.

That's what I mean:

Pressure.thumb.jpg.e3755d4b7f9bfd48e0da665550a88756.jpg

As You can see even with 210g/tile plants are not growing.

You can see six varieties of plants having been planted in thermium tiles with 101g/tile of propane atmosphere in the live branch. They will fail to be planted at 100g/tile

You are right. They can plant seed in atmosphere not fully supporting life. I didn't know that.

Elements and phase doesn't appear to matter. Above is propane, here is 150kg of supercoolant.

That's what I mean:

Pressure2.thumb.png.91e35d6d999f81b8ecc90cda1159251d.png

4 hours ago, sheaker said:

As You can see even with 210g/tile plants are not growing.

Hmm, can't reproduce that one either. (Live Branch)

149g:

image.thumb.png.1236590ebd03c0eb86894cf7ecedcfcd.png

151g (the bristle blossom is only halted due to illumination; the fern and waterweed are due to element):

image.thumb.png.d9438bb2d00208abfb70a8466ab72134.png

Testing Sleet Wheat also worked.

150g will maintain whichever previous state it was in.

Hmm, can't reproduce that one either. (Live Branch)

149g:

image.thumb.png.1236590ebd03c0eb86894cf7ecedcfcd.png

151g (the bristle blossom is only halted due to illumination; the fern and waterweed are due to element):

image.thumb.png.d9438bb2d00208abfb70a8466ab72134.png

Testing Sleet Wheat also worked.

150g will maintain whichever previous state it was in.

That's strange. I am on Live also. I was reporting this bug earlier so it was not 'one time behavior'.

Archived