Give a use to thulecite on the surface

So, I mostly play without caves due to lag, and I got some thulecite from sunken treasure, but since I have no life caves, all it does is take up space. This got me thinking: what if there was some sort of use for it outside of caves?

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

It could be neat as a material for sculptures. Though I feel like some of them would look weird if they were simply tinted orange.

If those ever come into existence would love if those had a nightmare variant if they were in the caves. I highly doubt it would occur though since that would require lots of excess sprinting, and in general a lot of them would be difficult to resprite into a general nightmare fashion (I do feel some could become triumph-y to suit the mood). 

As for other uses, I don’t really have anything I can think of. Admittedly this isn’t the first time something like this has occurred with only a single shard (eg. the moon stone is impossible to do without a star caller, which requires the ruins to make). Always can be improved, of course, and would definitely help people who can only use one shard.

Ooh I love the idea of making sculputres with it.  Maybe it can follow the lunar cycle with the creepy nightmare effect the statues get in the ruins when they're spilling out nightmare fuel.

Maybe the pick/axe could be moved from the ancient tab to the shadow manipulator tier.

I mean its probably the least useful item in the ancient tab, but it would come handy for the tier 2 magic tab.

Or, make the current pick/axe (the current durability version, which is pretty bad for ancient tier) for the shadow manipulator, and a more durability version (improved pick/axe?) to stay at the ruins.

Archived