Idea for Webber refresh

(Apologies if this is unbalanced, Too complicated or too much for a character)
Health: 100
Hunger: 125
Sanity: 100

- Extreme adaptation.
- Friendship is nice!
- Is a monster.

Info: Webber gets an entirely new bar that indicates his friendliness, Befriending spiders and leaving food and gold near pig villages increase friendliness and attacking mobs will decrease it, Webber has the ability to molt and evolve every 7 days and 2 evolutionary lines each packed with perks and choosing evolution depends on your friendliness bar, If it is above 75 you go to the second line and if it below you go to the first, However if you evolve on tier 1 in the first line you can also evolve to tier 2 of the second line if your friendliness bar matches it. Molting will spawn dead skin that is only edible for Webber and Webber will restore 5 health and 20 hunger if he eats it. Each evolution will have their own symbols that appear top left to the day cycle and putting the cursor over them will show what they do

Evolutionary line 1:

Tier 1: Trapdoor Spider
Webber gains the ability to dig holes but it will cost 10 hunger each. Holes will trap small mobs in and they will disappear after harvest

Tier 2: Huntsman Spider
Webber gains +25 health and +50 hunger.

Tier 3: Black Widow
Webber will deal 10  damage per second to anything he attacks for 3 seconds(Does not stack)

Evolutionary line 2:

Tier 1: Jumping Spider
Webber instead of walking he'd hop around increasing his total movement speed by 10% 

Tier 2: Sac Spider
Gains 2 new craftable items alongside 25 health
- Spider Sack: Craftable with spider eggs and 9x silk, a 12 slot backpack that is able to store befriended spiders in, Storing befriended spider wont make other spiders aggro you and will preserve their friendship
- And he gains craftable Spider Turf that takes 5 silk for 4x

Tier 3: Harvestman Spider
Webber can now collect groups of items and crops from thrice the distance, He can also make a Web Dart that costs 1 silk and 1 Hound's tooth and 2 cut reeds it will deal 25 damage and attach a mob or boss to a certain area for some seconds, Bosses take more darts.

Downsides: Webber now has half the time of friendship towards spiders and takes 10% more damage from mobs, Gains half the sanity, he keeps his old downsides and he can no longer grow a beard

Honestly, I think that Webber is almost guaranteed to have his rework next. Everyone wants it and I pretty sure Klei is listening.

As for content, there should be a lot of new stuff added. One thing I would like to see is that Webber would be able to sleep in spider dens. The quality of sleep would vary on the tier of spider den. Tier 1 would be like sleeping on a Straw Roll, tier 2 would be like sleeping on a Fur Roll, and tier 3 would be like a tent. Free sleep with no materials required.

Another thing I would like to see is something like Silk Wrap. It's like Bundling Wrap but it only has one slot and it slows food spoliage dramatically, making it very good early game when you don't have any gears or an Ice Box.

I also like your idea of different varies of spiders exclusive to Webber, similar with Merms to Wurt. Seems like a cool idea.

As for his silky smooth beard, just remove it. It seems more like a character filler than an exclusive trait.

I think Webber should be able to ensnare mobs in webs. Also, it would be really cool if he could dual-wield. A leap attack would be good for him, too.

Also, I think they should make him an ideal spelunker. make him lose no sanity from darkness, make him able to detect things like fossils and gems underground, maybe even give him limited night vision. (he could see enough to still do stuff, but he is not protected from Charlie.

I do not think he should be able to relocate cave spider dens, though, as I think that would be just a little OP

also, befriended spiders should be more polite. no eating off the ground, and only attacking what Webber attacks.

I just want webber to be able to sleep in spiders den, use silk to bundle things and be able to ride spider queens. Would be nice too if he could make walls that spiders cant destroy and silk turfs that make him faster, similar to the wurt turf, but make others players slow. 

Would be nice some interactions with others players while webber use the spider queen hat, like the bee queen crown. And spiders shouldnt be afraid of  bee queen scream when there is a spider queen near by.

(Tis is a edited copy and paste from like two mouths ago if this sounds familiar it is)

should have more late game viability and things just outside of spiders because they don't kill bosses very well because most have aoe and they can't chop or mine and Wendy is now very good killing spiders

what if spiders harvest grass and twigs that sorta brings their perks from the gorge to the main game and sets apart spider minions from other minions judging by their grass examine "We should be able to weave this too" (or something like that) it may make sense

this would make them pair well with other players better because everyone can use grass and twigs

Maybe some other changes would be maybe being able to make domestic spider nests, they would have bits of structure in the nest itself like if Webber built onto it. Spiders that come out of it would have oddly placed collars and wouldn't drain sanity or attack players naturally the nests wouldn't turn into a queen so Webber can better intermingle with the other survivors.

also if they could get some small sanity or health bonuses from monster jerky and or lasagna (like +5,+5) that would be great

burning silk sounds good too

I like the idea of him being able to evolve gaining different spider traits.  A bit similar to Woodie, but also different in that he isn't transforming temporarily, but rather has a permanent transform / progression and probably some type of reset he would go through.

I also like the idea of being able to upgrade tier 3 spider dens to produce more specific spider allies he might find more useful.  An upgraded tier 3 would not naturally evolve into a spider queen though.

6 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

I think Webber should be able to ensnare mobs in webs. Also, it would be really cool if he could dual-wield. A leap attack would be good for him, too.

Also, I think they should make him an ideal spelunker. make him lose no sanity from darkness, make him able to detect things like fossils and gems underground, maybe even give him limited night vision. (he could see enough to still do stuff, but he is not protected from Charlie.

I do not think he should be able to relocate cave spider dens, though, as I think that would be just a little OP

also, befriended spiders should be more polite. no eating off the ground, and only attacking what Webber attacks.

Awesome ideas but i think webber should keep his sanity drain in darkness and not add night vision since he is still a child in the spider who is scared of the dark at least a little. and i think spiders don't see well anyway? not sure though.

Archived