The Compendium might gives us a good idea of which characters are going to be refreshed.

So I was looking at the new Compendium and I have a theory. I think we can deduce which characters are going to get a new refresh by looking at their bios...

Characters that have been refreshed have extensive bios and have the option to "Play Animated Short".

image.thumb.png.2077a62101668e35b4b238d2225b05ba.png

Meanwhile, characters that have not been refreshed have no bio or video. Instead they say "Her/His Past...Is yet to be revealed", heavily implying that we will see more on these characters in the future with a refresh and a new animated short.   

image.thumb.png.7ce3432678795af15749fc4287cd2ea6.png

EXCEPT for Wilson and Maxwell. Both these characters have not been refreshed and yet they seem to have extensive bios and shorts, just like refreshed characters do. For me, this is a sign that these characters will be left alone, at least for the near future. 

image.thumb.png.1986587ba53771e1c58c8f57d40e60b9.png

image.thumb.png.730ebd46fee29524c18eda3f328cad64.png

And even more interesting is Wes! Who's a character who does have an animated video, but no bio. I think Wes fans might actually get a refresh after all. 

image.thumb.png.a01fd3761517e2d1257ffdc17c7f5e17.png

This is just a theory, but I do strongly feel that if Wilson and Maxwell had upcoming reworks, their bios would be saying "His Past...is yet to be revealed". 

Sadly your theory would be incorrect, the lore bio’s for Maxwell and Wilson is because they already had that lore and shorts from Single Player Dont Starve- Everyone who has no lore yet just reads as “Their past is yet to be revealed..”

This does not provide a Hint at who the next Rework is, But Why suddenly give us beard skins? That’s almost as weird as waiting since 2013 till right before March of 2020 to announce Wendy’s official age range.

Im on to you Klei <.< 

Also I just loaded up my game to see if The (Watch Animated Shorts) Tab exists for Consoles.... It does Not. :( 

5 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

The birthdays correlate to the date they were intially added to the game, though i'm not sure if it means DST or DS. 

It's a mix of both, Maxwell's birthday is the day he was initially added as a playable character in Don't Starve, while Warly's is the day he was refreshed for DST

34 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Maxwell and Wilson already got lore reveals for them, in the William Carter puzzles and the games original trailer. Wes got a video as part of the April fools update.

Is this not new text though? I don't recognise it. Seems odd to me to write a new bio for some characters and not for others. 

Just now, Squirrel12 said:

Is this not new text though? I don't recognise it. Seems odd to me to write a new bio for some characters and not for others. 

The text itself is new, although it recaps stuff we have previously seen. We don't actually learn anything about them from this text that wasn't from previous materials.

Just now, BreadScientist said:

The text itself is new, although it recaps stuff we have previously seen. We don't actually learn anything about them from this text that wasn't from previous materials.

But if these characters are going to be refreshed...Wouldn't there be a New Short and new information? Doesn't really makes sense to me to write a bio that will change later. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel12 said:

But if these characters are going to be refreshed...Wouldn't there be a New Short and new information? Doesn't really makes sense to me to write a bio that will change later. 

It might not change later. Or, if it did, it could simply be a paragraph or two afterwards. What we previously knew probably won't change, if anything we will just learn more.

2 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

It might not change later. Or, if it did, it could simply be a paragraph or two afterwards. What we previously knew probably won't change, if anything we will just learn more.

It’ll be identical to Woodies, we’re it’s separated with different titles and paragraphs probably.

Archived