Jump to content

Wolfgang rework from scrapped Wendy's rework?


Recommended Posts

Scrapped Wendy idea- the lower her health the more damage Abigail does.

Take that and stick it onto Wolfgang. The lower his health the more he fights for his survival.

Remove might from food. Hunger low- wimpy. Hunger normal- normal. Hunger full- still normal. That's his downside.

Mighty only when hp low.

Differentiate Wolfgang as a glass canon and Wigfrid as a tank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a better idea for who needed the Glass Canon mechanic the most.. someone who Wigs out and changes forms between light and dark.. hmm no idea who that could possibly be though.. >.>

Seriously guys PC has this as a MOD give us console players some love on that playable Character too plz :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it'd actually be pretty cool if it were switched around, with him losing damage as he lost health. Since he's a circus performer he would strive for perfection and lose composure when things went wrong (as he doesn't like looking weak in-front of people.) Plus it'd encourage use of skillful combat instead of just tanking hits and holding the F key.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a wolfgang player, if this is how wolfgang was changed I wouldn’t play him anymore.  Considering how unpopular he already is despite his power, I think that will be the same for other people too.

Wolfgang isn’t a berserker, he’s a strongman and I personally didn’t care for his forge mechanics at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Scrapped Wendy idea- the lower her health the more damage Abigail does.

Take that and stick it onto Wolfgang. The lower his health the more he fights for his survival.

Remove might from food. Hunger low- wimpy. Hunger normal- normal. Hunger full- still normal. That's his downside.

Mighty only when hp low.

Differentiate Wolfgang as a glass canon and Wigfrid as a tank.

I thought the reason why Klei scrapped that idea off of Wendy was because running around with a 1 Hp Wendy was too risky for most people and even some of the people who played as Wendy said that they didn't like the dmg scale. 

I mean, making Wolf into more of a glass cannon would be nice, but I feel like changing the way his mighty forms work would be too much of a drastic change for most people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superlucas1231 said:

I thought the reason why Klei scrapped that idea off of Wendy was because running around with a 1 Hp Wendy was too risky for most people and even some of the people who played as Wendy said that they didn't like the dmg scale. 

It was scraped because it didin't fit her character. Sisters were supposed to work together while this mechanic encouraged either Wendy to be hurt or Abigail to do no damage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the idea of gaining strength from food as strongmen types eat a LOT to maintain their bulk.  For me its a perfect thematic to shove food down his throat to keep him stronk.  I think that, like Wendy, Wolfgang does not need much of a rework really.  The eating / damage mechanic is sound.  I think taking away his speed to give him some more interesting perks is a better path.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What Wendy rework? Oh! you mean Abby's rework?

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I had a better idea for who needed the Glass Canon mechanic the most.. someone who Wigs out and changes forms between light and dark.. hmm no idea who that could possibly be though.. >.>

Seriously guys PC has this as a MOD give us console players some love on that playable Character too plz :) 

Can't you just download it to a  usb flash drive and inject it maybe...? (the mod)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

him losing damage as he lost health.

I'd keep his perks mostly as they are (or mostly as Toros reworked him) and maybe add this as another con.

Wolfgang's rework probably needs new original perks that buff him in other aspects beyond dealing more or less damage, IMHO.

He already has the fight area pretty well covered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude why base his dmg on health while we know he's mentaly weak. Why not make a dmg based on sanity and also add more downside for being insane and make his sanity modifier a bit stronger and we have a rework that gives the "is afraid of dark" charecter description a meaning right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

What Wendy rework? Oh! you mean Abby's rework

...What in the world would you of wanted? The whole part of Wendy's character is Abigail. A dead ghost sister to help her out. I would of really disliked the rework if it didnt focus on Abigail at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude needs to work out to maintain mighty form, to quote WWE’s Heavy Machinery-

“Steaks & Weights Baby, Steaks & Weights“

Because simply cramming food into your mouth ALONE to be Mighty is seriously OP..
 

And If I (a Wendy Main) Now have to stand completely still for a few seconds quite literally “Ghost Whispering” into Abigails Flower to issue out Commands to her, Wolfgang CAN spend just as long lifting his Dumbbell up & down to become Mighty.

An item in his Inventory, Taking up an Inventory slot just like Abigails flower.. and if it ends up becoming lost or stollen just like Abigails flower.. the mighty Wolfgang will need to craft another or be without his power until he can- AHEM JUST LIKE ABIGAILS FLOWER.

I think I’ve made my point..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

...What in the world would you of wanted? The whole part of Wendy's character is Abigail. A dead ghost sister to help her out. I would of really disliked the rework if it didnt focus on Abigail at all

I-it was just a joke.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love that idea with sanity. But i think it needs some adjusting.
Also to everyone. If you want new mechanics. Check his potrait! He is lifting a barbell. To sustain muscles besides foods, you need also training. Maybe some speacial craft-items for sports. Like jump rope - for speed boost or leg training. Punching bag for DMG buff. Heavy lifting for not having penalties with piggyback. Maybe even healthy foods for more max HP? Feel free to add more ideas or change the otherWolfgang | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dude needs to work out to maintain mighty form, to quote WWE’s Heavy Machinery-

“Steaks & Weights Baby, Steaks & Weights“

Because simply cramming food into your mouth ALONE to be Mighty is seriously OP..
 

And If I (a Wendy Main) Now have to stand completely still for a few seconds quite literally “Ghost Whispering” into Abigails Flower to issue out Commands to her, Wolfgang CAN spend just as long lifting his Dumbbell up & down to become Mighty.

An item in his Inventory, Taking up an Inventory slot just like Abigails flower.. and if it ends up becoming lost or stollen just like Abigails flower.. the mighty Wolfgang will need to craft another or be without his power until he can- AHEM JUST LIKE ABIGAILS FLOWER.

I think I’ve made my point..

You really haven't. All i get from this is that you want a core item that would both buff while using and interrupt by taking its time to use that would affect the player while in and out of combat, aswell as be important to the character, helping them greatly or making them completely useless without it, with the object you obessesivly mentioned being Abigail's flower and her Rile/Soothe commands. If you haven't noticed Wolfgang already possesses such disruption, that being his forms dropping/increasing and such things rarely occur when you manage your hunger. I'm not a fan of your idea nor the item that you would have to carry in order to constantly provide power for yourself, and the fact that you would have to carry a "dumbell" with yourself sounding rather odd by itself. Wolfgang is a Strongman, not a heavy lifting gym rat. Your comparison doesnt really stand up in this case, atleast in my opinion. Personally, I think there are already enough characters with the "this character only" items.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh.. isn’t giving characters unique craftables, their own crafting tabs and items only they can craft but anyone can use been the whole theme of every rework so far?

why on earth would Wolfgang be ANY different?

dont like the idea of comparing it to Abigails flower fine.. we can compare it to Bernie and Willows lighter Items that STILL take up Inventory slots, Can only be crafted by Willow And Anyone can use.

Wolfgang in his current form doesn’t have any of that, he just eats food, grows mighty, Superman punches his foes to death the end.

The dude needs some Kryptonite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meh.. isn’t giving characters unique craftables, their own crafting tabs and items only they can craft but anyone can use been the whole theme of every rework so far?

why on earth would Wolfgang be ANY different?

dont like the idea of comparing it to Abigails flower fine.. we can compare it to Bernie and Willows lighter Items that STILL take up Inventory slots, Can only be crafted by Willow And Anyone can use.

Wolfgang in his current form doesn’t have any of that, he just eats food, grows mighty, Superman punches his foes to death the end.

The dude needs some Kryptonite.

I said items, not structures and character-specific crafting tabs, i have nothing against Wolfgang having his own tool-set to build. My point is your comparison of him becoming "Wendy like" with the item that would give him power or make him useless doesnt befit him in my view, with Wendy being reworked and Wolfgang still sitting on his chair and waiting in the refresh lobby. Sure he needs a downside, but restricting that downside to an item isn't really the proper answer in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I said items, not structures and character-specific crafting tabs, i have nothing against Wolfgang having his own tool-set to build. My point is your comparison of him becoming "Wendy like" with the item that would give him power or make him useless doesnt befit him in my view, with Wendy being reworked and Wolfgang still sitting on his chair and waiting in the refresh lobby. Sure he needs a downside, but restricting that downside to an item isn't really the proper answer in my opinion.

Just weighing in on this and something came to mind... This does relate but i think ive figured out a way to make it make sense.
The question of "What is the deal with WimpGang?" 
Lore-wise what could we change that would better adhere to the image of the strongman and military persona of our dear pirogi loving scaredy cat?
Well here's my thoughts. Sorry if its disorganized

1) WimpGang: needs a reason to be played other then as a "Punishment" for not managing the hunger meter properly. There needs to be some level of risk but I feel like a buff of some sort is in order.

I propose keeping the health penalty but making the hunger meter drain slower (adjusted to a rate of 85% of the normal drain) in this state and making him faster until 85 hunger in which he reverts back to a 90% speed penalty. However since hes weaker hes even more afraid then normal, adjusting his sanity rate to 115% of the normal value. he also wont have access to certain items I'll bring up later.

2) WolfGang (in his normal form): needs little to no changes, as he should be the stabilized bridge between his mighty form and his WimpGang form. 

3)MightGang: The superman himself ladies and gentlemen. Well theres alot and very little I want to change about him. I would want to keep the feel the same but change up an aspect, a specific one. Sanity Drain. Look there just isn't very many reasons to learn new recipes once you learn the 3 power foods of this game, pirogi, meatball, taffy unless your playing Wurt or Wigfrid. MightyGang is a performer and a former military man. He clearly feels comfortable in groups.

So I propose the following changes; adjust the damage buff to be a flat 125% of the normal, add 3 new sources of sanity drain for MightGang to endure; the "Performance" meter which increases the damage with every successful hit on the enemy till it scales to the equivelent of 200% of the original damage and scales down with every successful hit from the enemy, and the Perfection Debuff where everytime he gets hit he takes 5 points of sanity drain, and Camaraderie where if he fights alone (no pig followers or a player within so many tiles) he takes an additional 10% drain on his sanity while in Combat but when in a group Wolfgang shouts words of encouragement that increase Ally movement and damage by 10%.

Finally and this is the big one, he can't go mighty if his sanity is below a certain threshold, lets say the moment that shadow creatures become hostile. Hes supposed to be a scaredy cat. 

4)Overall Gameplay: Obviously with so many ways to lower your sanity I would want to buff certain aspects, we don't want to just nerf the big boy afterall. Bruhmoment and Mike23Ua this is where this whole idea started and how your comments went into shaping atleast this portion of my idea.

Wolfgang must sure feel leftout. Everyone else has a slot of some sort occupied. Wendy has her flower, Wigfrid her helm and spear, Willow her bear and lighter, ect ect... Wolfgang should get a dumbell that can increase his mining speed, chopping speed, a slight increase in damage in normal form (10%), removal of the piggyback movement decrease and a jump rope, just a straight movement increase all at the cost of hunger with a slight increase to sanity for both, like a 1/3rd effective lean to.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...