Jump to content

How many pigs does it take to take down the bee queen?


Recommended Posts

In my world of DST, I was asking myself how many pigs it would take me to get down the bee queen. They are a few things to consider:

-Abigail will contribute to the fight, having 600 hp without any upgrades.

-All pigs will have a football helmet on them.

-I will not fight: I will let my army get the dirty job done for me.

Also, I apologize for any writing mistake I might have made. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bunnymen are a lot tougher, and attack faster and stronger than pigs, and in my Woodie world I currently have 30 bunnymen hutches next to bee queen and they can't kill her on their own, I have to help them finish her.... so my guess is definitely a lot more than 30.

I'd strongly recommend revising the strategy and using bunnymen instead, but if pigs are the only option for other reasons then I strongly recommend giving the pigs beehats instead of football helmets (they will last a lot longer) and fighting yourself as well. Abigail can deal with grumbles easily up until the final phase of the fight. And any damage you deal will greatly help the pigs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question.. but since some people may not know this strategy I will have to spoiler it.

Spoiler

I’ve found that the absolute BEST way to kill Bearger has been to let it go into Hybernation mode and then Plant around 20 Gunpowder in a circle around him then detonate it.

Since the Bee Queen does not spawn until you personally summon it.. would the spoiler strategy work on quick dispatching of her as Well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a question.. but since some people may not know this strategy I will have to spoiler it.

  Hide contents

I’ve found that the absolute BEST way to kill Bearger has been to let it go into Hybernation mode and then Plant around 20 Gunpowder in a circle around him then detonate it.

Since the Bee Queen does not spawn until you personally summon it.. would the spoiler strategy work on quick dispatching of her as Well?

but bearger is fun! why would you let him hibernate? he can farm a crap ton of logs and treeguards which will usually lead to his demise.. but his kiting pattern is easy as well! (during autumn ofc) well.. unless you are on console I guess 

(edit) wait! I take back what I said! I remembered the time he destroyed all of my bee boxes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

but bearger is fun! why would you let him hibernate? he can farm a crap ton of logs and treeguards which will usually lead to his demise.. but his kiting pattern is easy as well! (during autumn ofc) well.. unless you are on console I guess 

Kiting a Bearger on Xbox is probably best to do using an Ice Staff from a safe distance, at first I tried Fire when I was a noob.. but shortly discovered that was a bad idea for what is now very obvious reasons... Ha!

The Ice Staff However wont cause damage to anything else and gets his aggro while you stay a safe distance away.

 

My biggest problem with DST is I play mostly alone or with one other friend and we play on Console.

I can not stress how annoying the button commands on Console can be-

to give you a rough idea press Left on the D-pad will recall Abigail back into her flower (you have to be facing her and within spear hitting distance of her but that’s not the problem..)

Pressing Left on the D-pad will also make you give your flower to someone standing near you, or burn your Abigail flower in a campfire if your standing too close to a fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Kiting a Bearger on Xbox is probably best to do using an Ice Staff from a safe distance, at first I tried Fire when I was a noob.. but shortly discovered that was a bad idea for what is now very obvious reasons... Ha!

The Ice Staff However wont cause damage to anything else and gets his aggro while you stay a safe distance away.

 

My biggest problem with DST is I play mostly alone or with one other friend and we play on Console.

I can not stress how annoying the button commands on Console can be-

to give you a rough idea press Left on the D-pad will recall Abigail back into her flower (you have to be facing her and within spear hitting distance of her but that’s not the problem..)

Pressing Left on the D-pad will also make you give your flower to someone standing near you, or burn your Abigail flower in a campfire if your standing too close to a fire.

yup..machines doing what they want again.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Since the Bee Queen does not spawn until you personally summon it.. would the spoiler strategy work on quick dispatching of her as Well?

I don't think so, the overgrown beehive does not count as beequeen herself so she will no t take any damage from explosions around it. You must hammer the nest before any damage can be dealt to her.

You can however blow her up, it takes a ridiculous amount of gunpowder (about 110 gunpowder if I remember correctly), and you have to put her to sleep a few times, and finish her off with a few hits to prevent the jellybeans from burning.

Spoiler
  1. Summon her with hammer
  2. Put her to sleep (panflute or sleepy-time-stories) place 40 gunpowder at her base, light it up
  3. Wait a few seconds until the fire on her puts out, running around escaping the grumbles
  4. Repeat step 2 and 3, two more times
  5. Finish her with your preferred weapon in a few hits.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, chenais said:

In my world of DST, I was asking myself how many pigs it would take me to get down the bee queen. They are a few things to consider:

-Abigail will contribute to the fight, having 600 hp without any upgrades.

-All pigs will have a football helmet on them.

-I will not fight: I will let my army get the dirty job done for me.

Also, I apologize for any writing mistake I might have made. 

Don't use pigmen, it's better to use bunnymen as they will do lots of damage in a small time and you don't have to do anything if you have them beekeeper hat. 20 bunnyman is enough with beekeeper hat.

Bunnyman is soo good that now I can destroy dragonfly solo in no time without panflute with just 10 bunny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think any number of bunnymen will be able to kill BQ unaided. This is because she sends them into a panic with her screech attack during phases 3 and 4, dropping their aggro and summoning more Grumble Bees. The bunnies won't focus her in phases 3 and 4 unless directed to do so by a player; they will constantly be distracted by screeching and Grumble Bees.

This applies to pigs and merms as well (but not royal merm guards, heated beefalo, Abigail, or Maxwell duelists, all of which will keep attacking BQ through her screech)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Bee queen farm where I just watch and wander around. I started with 40 Bunnyman and they scatter and die a lot when Queen is low on health because she screams NON STOP. 45-48 Bunny hutches looked really optimal. They killed her in one Dusk, around 3:25 minutes. Right now I have over 60 and they can kill her even faster, the only good side of having more bunnies is just quickly taking care of the Brumbles. I have a video on it but I'm not sure how to post it.

Just spawned her.

beequeen1.thumb.png.7242a7c560874add32ceb7e933b09f07.png

Dead in less than 3 minutes. No weapon used, I took a hit when I got too close. Usually the bunnyman push her away from me and she loses aggro. The only thing you gotta pay attention is Queen returning to her spawn if you get too far away from her. 45 Bunnies in total in the video. Not all of them fought her because some of them are too far away to notice the threat.

beequeen2.thumb.png.dc050c419fe434d8f978c536bdcf42ed.png

On 3/26/2020 at 3:56 PM, Swanky Psammead said:

I don't think any number of bunnymen will be able to kill BQ unaided. This is because she sends them into a panic with her screech attack during phases 3 and 4, dropping their aggro and summoning more Grumble Bees. The bunnies won't focus her in phases 3 and 4 unless directed to do so by a player; they will constantly be distracted by screeching and Grumble Bees.

This applies to pigs and merms as well (but not royal merm guards, heated beefalo, Abigail, or Maxwell duelists, all of which will keep attacking BQ through her screech)

 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, chenais said:

In my world of DST, I was asking myself how many pigs it would take me to get down the bee queen. They are a few things to consider:

-Abigail will contribute to the fight, having 600 hp without any upgrades.

-All pigs will have a football helmet on them.

-I will not fight: I will let my army get the dirty job done for me.

Also, I apologize for any writing mistake I might have made. 

Also, OP, might not be a good idea to have Abigail with you, I'm not completely sure on how her aoe damage works but she could hit the pigs by mistake and they could turn on her, just something to consider. I might test it out since I've been playing Wendy lately. I think I've seen Abigail "choosing" aggressive targets over passives in battle but I could be mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So uhh bee queen actually spawned in a few steps away from the spawn portal in my latest world, it’s hilarious because I’m leaving hammers at base and putting up signs that read 

“Free Endless Honey from Gigantic Beehive, just hit with Hammer a few times.”

Maybe that makes me a Troll... I don’t know, but you would think with all the Dead Skeletons I leave laying around the Area SOMEONE will eventually think “Hey Maybe this is a Bad Idea?”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So uhh bee queen actually spawned in a few steps away from the spawn portal in my latest world, it’s hilarious because I’m leaving hammers at base and putting up signs that read 

“Free Endless Honey from Gigantic Beehive, just hit with Hammer a few times.”

Maybe that makes me a Troll... I don’t know, but you would think with all the Dead Skeletons I leave laying around the Area SOMEONE will eventually think “Hey Maybe this is a Bad Idea?”

how can be free honey a bad idea xD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...