modded Jeol (drone boss), and more

I modded Jeol, who is one of the day 1 boss of Sal's campaign.

• Joel's drone now doesn't has unstable drone stack (killed in x hits), thus Joel won't receive damage if his drones are destroyed (it's the same condition). 
  • Joel's drone now can summon up to 3 drones and come with 3 variants (Since I don't know how to do animation stuff, they all look the same):
    • Battle Drone: Deals damage, and only deals damage. (Also used an unused combat drone animation)
    • Support Drone: Heals team/individual and applies exposed to the player's team.
    • Guardian Drone: Applies defense to team/individual.
  • Instead of RNG, Joel will always use summon if he doesn't have 3 drones on the battle field.
  • Joel's melee will now apply cripple to both ally and player if unblocked. (Just for fun)
  • You can ask Fssh to help you fight. She's technically and literally a bartender. (But um... don't know what would happen if she dies. Haven't figure out how to make it legit)

The game is modded from v398484. Had thoughts of adding other stuff but was limited to my capability so... and yes everything that I added is chaotic and unbalanced. The game's data is stored in a .zip file so I just unzip it, change something, zip it, pray for no errors, and throw it back.

Anyway, after couple of days and crashing the game like eighty times, here is a small demo:

hot damn. were already modding the game griftlands and it isn't even 2/3rds the way done.

also of course jakes bartender has a musket. i would think of her less as someone on the front lines of the fight and more as the card you get from oolo and nadan where they jump into the kashio fight occasionally. that way it isn't endangering her but still makes her a part of the fight.

It does, if her panic meter is larger than the maximum damage Jeol and her drones can do in a single attack. As far as I can tell, they don’t scale up their damage as the fight goes on. 
Other option is to have her attack once, then instantly run away before Jeol’s turn.

• Developer

That’s awesome! 

It’ll probably break a lot as we update, but I’m super excited to see you guys starting to figure out modding. We will eventually be adding official support, so you will be in a great starting place by then!

Have you figured out how to add a custom card yet?

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

That’s awesome! 

It’ll probably break a lot as we update, but I’m super excited to see you guys starting to figure out modding. We will eventually be adding official support, so you will be in a great starting place by then!

oh sweet jesus that would be a massive step into modding this game

if i knew photoshop i would use mr. meeseeks with his "im kind of a stickler meeseeks, what about your short game?"

image.thumb.png.ed276949b925a6363bce5f6be351b644.png

Speaking of modding, this is something that I worked on to see the boons and banes.

Introducing super first impression.

It is exactly the same as before, only now super.

-me

It gives more weighting to non-neutral relationships, and completely removes the neutral relationships. In addition, it ignores plot armor, so now oolo loves me day 1.

Also, seems that WinRAR("40" "days" "free" "trial" compressor) can edit the .zip file directly, which means that you don't need to decompress and recompress using the windows built in compressor. I just replaced the mutator file with the one I modified.

2 hours ago, RageLeague said:

edit the .zip file directly

I eh- shamefully hadn't thought of doing that until now. (sweats)

Hum After testing it seems like it still takes 1 min for winR@R to update the archive even if I added 1 line of text. Still it's better than zipping the whole thing again though.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Nope. But I would sure love to...

• Developer

I mean, would YOU want to continue without your Bar mom around to help you out?

The plot armour people have armour because the plot quests rely upon them being there to drive things forward. They tend to be your handlers / future boss fights. 

Also, if you are messing around with mod stuff, try starting the game with --debug as a command line parameter. The magic key once you are in game is ~ and ctrl+~

This is really interresting ! About Fssh , i think start with less hp , 'cause she's hurt . And why not add maybe a unique buff for her : less targeted but can't attack every turn , or gain 1 evasion every 2 turn . Or double the passive heal i don't know . There is many way to do this i think *but only if you know how to code it :D*

• Developer

There are three mechanical reasons that Oolo/Nadan are a card:

1. So that they can't die
  2. So that they don't take up a slot on the player side of the fight (that we might need for pets or allies)
  3. They would probably be too strong (and thus swingy) if they stuck around

Welp, there's no Erchin King as day 2 alternative boss, instead there's a robot that fries people (But still imo the boss is really well made, really killing it, it being literally and Rook himself). So um, I made my own Erchin King. Here's the chaotic demo of the mess:

My Erchin King can do the following:

• Summon: The king summons Erchins. Yeah that's about it...
  • End this one: Attacks and marks the target, its allies (other Erchins) will exclusively target the marked character. It's modified "targeted" buff. The idea is from Darkest Dungeon.
  • Frenzy: Typical team power buff + apply defend.
  • Rage: When the king is below 50% health, he will be enraged.
  • Earthquake: Damage all enemies, only use when in Rage.
  • The king loses 1 power when a ally dies. (opposite of Mama Shroog)
  • Behavior: Cycle through attack(End. & Earth.)/buff(Frenzy), summons 1~2 Erchin minions every turn until max team size. It... should work like on paper, could be still buggy though.
  • Removed disease condition on Erchin minions, because eh... it crashes my game if it stays in the script for reasons I yet to solve, not liking that skill anyway. (humf.) The Erchin is not the default Erchin in game, I define a new one for this.

Everything else should work just like typical day 2 boss quest.  And obviously, like the last mod, everything is unbalanced af. 

On 3/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, Kevin said:

That’s awesome! 

image.thumb.png.0fb76d01687f41cfe47a648900fc96de.png

Update to card:

image.thumb.png.1c982e40703b4f3eafd92e077b9a6050.png

I modded in a new card called "Back Down". It totally works. You just have to take my word for it. It will also probably show up in a run. Probably. I haven't actually tested.

It has two upgrades: Enhanced and Twisted. Enhanced doubles the composure gain, while Twisted allows you to target your opponent's arguments or bounties, at the cost of giving your opponent resolve.Do the devs have any guidelines for upgraded names? I feel like I used twisted here wrong, because "Twisted" cards doesn't do what the card originally does and usually does the opposite, and is not strictly better than the unupgraded version.

Here's the code in case anyone is interested. Just put it in a new file under "scripts\content\negotiation" and it will probably work.

Spoiler

local negotiation_defs = require "negotiation/negotiation_defs"
local CARD_FLAGS = negotiation_defs.CARD_FLAGS
local EVENT = negotiation_defs.EVENT

local CARDS =
{
	back_down = 
	{
		name = "Back Down",
        desc = "Remove one of your arguments or bounties. Its controller gain resolve equal to the argument's resolve.",

flags = CARD_FLAGS.MANIPULATE,
        rarity = CARD_RARITY.UNCOMMON,

cost = 1,
		healModifier = 1,

target_self = TARGET_FLAG.ARGUMENT | TARGET_FLAG.BOUNTY,

Reconsider = function( self, minigame, targets )
            for i, target in ipairs( targets ) do
				local argumentResolve = target:GetResolve()
				target:GetNegotiator():RemoveModifier( target )
				target:GetNegotiator():RestoreResolve( argumentResolve * self.healModifier, self )

end
        end,

OnPostResolve = function( self, minigame, targets )
            self:Reconsider(minigame, targets)
        end,
	},
	back_down_plus = 
	{
		name = "Enhanced Back Down",
		desc = "Remove one of your arguments or bounties. Its controller gain resolve equal to <#UPGRADE>double</> the argument's resolve.",
		healModifier = 2,
	},
	back_down_plus2 =
	{
		name = "Twisted Back Down",
		desc = "Remove <#UPGRADE>any one argument or bounty</>. Its controller gain resolve equal to the argument's resolve.",
		target_enemy = TARGET_FLAG.ARGUMENT | TARGET_FLAG.BOUNTY,
	},

}

for i, id, carddef in sorted_pairs( CARDS ) do
    carddef.series = "SAL"

Content.AddNegotiationCard( id, carddef )
end

image.png

49 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Do the devs have any guidelines for upgraded names?

I think the old Elucidate upgrade that let you target all arguments, including those on the enemy side, was called Wide Elucidate, so you could go off of that one. Definitely dont think Twisted works in this situation.

Just now, TF3 said:

I think the old Elucidate upgrade that let you target all arguments, including those on the enemy side, was called Wide Elucidate, so you could go off of that one. Definitely dont think Twisted works in this situation.

See the original idea for the upgrade is only remove opponent's argument, but you, the player, gain the resolve. Feels very broken, considering "heavy handed", a card that does the same thing, actually costs 1 dominance to do so.

I guess I'll go with "wide" for now, but I feel like "wide" changes the target from single instance to all of a type, like "wide deflect" gives composure to all arguments instead of one.

Innovative, doubling gain on upgrade seems a little op, puff me talking about balance. Is it possible to get your new card in campaign?

Now I need to think how to generate a call Fssh card...

Any suggestions on what to make? I'm kinda dried on ideas now. (sweat)

1 hour ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

Innovative, doubling gain on upgrade seems a little op, puff me talking about balance. Is it possible to get your new card in campaign?

Now I need to think how to generate a call Fssh card...

Any suggestions on what to make? I'm kinda dried on ideas now. (sweat)

Probably. I tried, and I get one of my test cards in my campaign, so I'm assuming you can get the rest of my custom cards.

Edit: It totally works, here's the picture of the custom card(A new one I made)

image.thumb.png.0caba7d6214ea91f7857870d2acab53c.png

And here's the picture of me actually getting it.

image.thumb.png.17738d8c8a0a81cd6d2840055542acbe.png

You should look at how call oolo and nadan card works.

Archived