Some problems for my point :

- Bedroom are not evolutive : you begin with 2 bed and evolute with only one because you didn't put the good space.

- I much prefer put my shower in a natural reserve, +6 moral each morning garanted.

- To avoid to much walk, I condense my restroom, dining room and resting room in the same global room as it's the same planning period.

Here's some examples :

rooms2.thumb.png.8bff8b30a49d98fc62a6a84a71d98d6c.pngrooms.thumb.png.9c41ff59a74bbe70f409d4e5f974d10d.png

I just ran a series of tests with comfy beds and bedrooms. Turns out that if you do decor-blasting (sleeping is the time they spend in one place the longest), comfy beds and bedrooms are a complete fail. For a small +1 Morale, things turned massively more complicated and both space and material intensive. Shortening the sleep-time (the other benefit of comfy beds) makes decor even worse. I am back to cots and using the decor-blasting level on the great hall as well. 

For 12 dupes, this looks like this (statues are gold) and it gives a reliable +12 morale from decor for all dupes. Airflow here is from above, so no hydrogen that needs to drift up through this.

decor001.thumb.png.6eac775462e62c61eb12eb74bf622b8c.png

I usually don't put shower in rooms because they tend to be shared. half my dupe shower before bed, the other half when getting up.

Oh, and my trick for the natural reserve is to make the only exit of the "residential" area go through it.

image.thumb.png.9953cfb922c7277b09f30769979184bc.png

(Funny though how dupe prefer decor to intimacy! :P)

On 3/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, augustinoi said:

what do you think ?

I think it looks cool! I stopped playing (Im taking a break until I can afford a better PC because with my hardware its just impossible to play more then couple hundred cycles...) BUT your screenshot made me have an urge to reinstall lol.

41 minutes ago, Mastermindx said:

I usually don't put shower in rooms because they tend to be shared. half my dupe shower before bed, the other half when getting up.

Unless it's been changed, I believe the shower buff goes away when they sleep.  You really want them all to shower first thing when they get out of bed.

28 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

the shower buff goes away when they sleep

If this is true, that kindda sucks. Though, to be honest, it hardly matters... I don't remember last time one of my dupe had less than 40 moral. (Except when one of my astronaut manage to escape his rocket :D)

On 15/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, augustinoi said:

what do you think ?

Nice. I'd add some carpet tiles, lights, possibly a window or pixel packs to give the illusion of a window.

And a pet, maybe a wild hatch or longhair slickster.

2 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

Unless it's been changed, I believe the shower buff goes away when they sleep.  You really want them all to shower first thing when they get out of bed.

As far as I can tell, "showered" just times out regularly, no connection to sleeping. My dupes all shower before bed and they all have the buff mid-cycle now.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

As far as I can tell, "showered" just times out regularly, no connection to sleeping. My dupes all shower before bed and they all have the buff mid-cycle now.

Yeah I just tested to confirm and it does seem to be fixed.  I know at one point the buff was cleared each day when they woke up.

Archived