How does the constant pick it's Victims?

On 11/02/2020 at 2:12 PM, Sunset Skye said:

This might be a bit of an outdated way of looking at things lore-wise, but I've always thought it was just Maxwell who chose who to pull into the constant. That's why he took family (Wendy) and various people from the circus (Wes, Wolfgang, possibly Wilbur.) We see him tricking Wilson directly, too.

thats honestly what i think as well :0 kind of

in my opinion, max simply took people that seemed interesting enough to get him out of his boredom, trickering them in different ways.
"You've been an interesting plaything, but I've grown tired of this game." is what he says to wilson in the endgame

Willow, as it says on her vignette, was looking for a new life, a new beginning, and thats what maxwell offered her. Wolfgang and Wes were already miserable and prob even homeless after the train crash so the same could've happened to them. As for wicker, maybe she was trying to run from the police or smth? after she burned the library?

Max was tied up for all eternity and he wanted entertainment, join that with a bunch of odd souls in earth looking for a better life (or a dream that seemed too far away) and BAM easy targets. It is still interesting to me, though, to think what possibly could he have promised each of them, and even if they actually prefer the constant over earth. Also interesting to think how, as already mentioned, Winona was pulled by charlie instead of Maxwell, and how Charlie was already her monster self while Max was the king. Did he know she was like that? Did he order her to take other survivors personally? hmmm

4 minutes ago, 7Meias said:

in my opinion, max simply took people that seemed interesting enough to get him out of his boredom, trickering them in different ways.
"You've been an interesting plaything, but I've grown tired of this game." is what he says to wilson in the endgame

latest?cb=20170907141450Like this image.

People wonder why I'm terrified of him-

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

[snip]

Like this image.

People wonder why I'm terrified of him-

Yup, exactly like that :") Max as snow white's witch, offering the sweetest, shiniest of apples just for it to be poisonus fits his character (at least while in the throne) perfectly

I'm always reminded of this image too when I read discussions about him 

latest?cb=20170815194347

not the most trustworthy face i'd say- 
Also important to remember that he brought many, many maaany other people in the constant (considering all the skeletons and graves around) the twelve characters we have are just the ones that managed to survive

12 minutes ago, 7Meias said:

Also important to remember that he brought many, many maaany other people in the constant (considering all the skeletons and graves around) the twelve characters we have are just the ones that managed to survive

this doesn't have to be the case, death of our survivors is canon so maybe they were dying over and over and keep getting revived but without their memories of previous death, just memories of the experience with wilderness.

7 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

this doesn't have to be the case, death of our survivors is canon so maybe they were dying over and over and keep getting revived but without their memories of previous death, just memories of the experience with wilderness.

yeah for sure!! it doesnt necessarily needs to be that, as it depends on interpretation.  I personally think it was both ^^

If anyone wants to know, and that's quite a personal interpretation of mine, maybe, as long as you wish to keep on living, the constant allows you to have another life and start again from scratch. Thus, the skeletons can either be from people that gave up or from our characters themselves, but without memories of their past deaths. fklsjdglsg i dont want to deviate too much from the main topic of the threat, tho, so ill keep it brief like that

2 minutes ago, 7Meias said:

yeah for sure!! it doesnt necesserily needs to be that, as it depends on interpretation.  I personally think it was both ^^

If anyone wants to know, and that's quite a personal interpretation of mine, maybe, as long as you wish to keep on living, the constant allows you to have another life and start again from scratch. Thus, the skeletons can either be from people that gave up or from our characters themselves, but without memories of their past deaths. fklsjdglsg i dont want to deviate too much from the main topic of the threat, tho, so ill keep it brief like that

Ok, but if people could choose to stay or leave the Constant, why would our character choose to stay in such place? Ok for some of them it makes sense like Winona becouse she wants to find Charlie, same for Maxwell. Willow wants to stay because she can "leave the past behind her" and Wendy because she can see Abigail here. But what about Warly for example? Does he not want to go back home to his mom as fast as possible? or maybe he is to scared to go back, to see if she's alive, he don't know how time works here afterall.

15 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

Ok, but if people could choose to stay or leave the Constant, why would our character choose to stay in such place? Ok for some of them it makes sense like Winona becouse she wants to find Charlie, same for Maxwell. Willow wants to stay because she can "leave the past behind her" and Wendy because she can see Abigail here. But what about Warly for example? Does he not want to go back home to his mom as fast as possible? or maybe he is to scared to go back, to see if she's alive, he don't know how time works here afterall.

oh, not leave the constant literally - i meant more like,,, dying :') warly wants to keep on living because he believes eventually he'll escape and return to his maman. Winona wants to keep on living because she believes she can find charlie and also escape with her. Wendy because she still loves her sister, and the constant is the only place where she can see her, willow because she actually likes the new life she has and etc etc The skeletons (and the fact that only 12 people remain) could quite possibly be from people that gave up on escaping or on everything altogether :')). Which makes me like wilson a lot as a character- wilson, to an extent, despite all the suffering he has been coming trought, the million deaths in million different ways, to all the time he has been thrown to the side and disappointed and mislead, he hasnt given up yet and will endure a thousand more worlds and challenges thrown at him if needed. As long as you dont give up, you'll receive another chance, thats how i interpret the constant~

(( again thats just my personal interpretation and nothing is set on stone !! and this is already deviating too much from the main topic ^^"' ))

Archived