Is this power free liquids filter ?

30 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I thought Thursdays was the traditional throw-back day.

Not the first example of this type of liquid sorting on the forum but the oldest I could find in a pinch-

It doesn't have to be the first, the OP found something cool and decided to post it, along with a question. 

Mechanical filters are cool too because the material doesn't need to leave the pipe.

4 hours ago, ramzord said:

I can filter all liquids I want, power free in this.

It's not power free, you need one pump for each liquid so instead a liquid filter that need 120 Watts, you will need two pumps on the top of your filter and two other on the bottom, so it will cost 960 watts to filter only two liquids.

So no, it's not power free, but it's a fun (and old) concept. :)

10 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

This also has a possible failure level if you ever let the liquid levels drop small enough to break the seals.

But it's still a fun feature/principle of the game. 

I believe this will never fail if there is too little liquid.  Its stability relies on liquid stacking.  However, it could fail if there is too much liquid.

6 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I thought Thursdays was the traditional throw-back day.

Not the first example of this type of liquid sorting on the forum but the oldest I could find in a pinch-

The game is _this_ old? I must stop play immediately! Somebody may think I am _old_ too!

Archived