It's been almost 4 years since DST released and the game largely plays the same

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Why is this thread seven pages long?

I think it's a nice change of pace seeing a thread discussing actual gameplay and mechanics reach this length as opposed to the millionth poll on character reworks or skins 

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

4 minutes ago, sudoku said:

I think it's a nice change of pace seeing a thread discussing actual gameplay and mechanics reach this length as opposed to the millionth poll on character reworks or skins 

Understandable. I'm just not a fan of walls of text but I understand your relief.

Character Reworks and Skins are what is the most talked about things because we can express our wants and desires for that. And stand a decent chance of actually getting it.

When it comes to RoT content though- Klei already knows what they want to do with that so Unlike skins where I can say “Hey Klei can I Plz has a Blue Emo looking Flower to Replace Abigail Flower..?” 

I cant be all like “Okay the next large RoT update should have a new Biome where after the chunk of moon crashed into DST it also opened up a HUGE hole in between the Surface and the Caves and all of the Rock Lobsters that Maxwell Condemned to live inside caves have now escaped and started their own Civilization out on a beach Biome out in the Ocean Somewhere, and they all Worship a Mighty Crab Goliath”

He’s gigantic, He’s purple & his name is Crawmerax.. >_> uhh no particular reason.

15 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

Heheh. We are practically spamming here and the thread is hot now, thanks to us I'm pretty sure. We should probably stop or take this to PMs if you really want to. But you are still missing the point. I never soloed "1 x 1 Toad, B Queen, Fuel, Pieces" and I really don't care to because DST's combat system isn't fun. 

comparing a action game with dont starve... combat in dont starve isnt the main thing .Yes, some mobs should have more variety of atacks and moves and we need a buff in certain items to make them worth, but combat in dst its another tool to gather stuff. And you should fight those bosses to understand how rich, frenetic and fun (even hilarious when you are using bunnymen with beekeeper hats vs Bee queen to mention an easy example)

One thing a lot of games has that DST does NOT Have is Timed Jumping.

Like Okay so for anyone who has played Batman Arkham City you know that the Boss Fight with Solomon Grundy has him slam his chains into the ground sending a pulse of electricity across the floor.. and the only way to avoid taking damage is by jumping above the AoE attack.

DST Already has Jump Animations (Just watch as people merrily Hop all over the map exploiting boat kits as personal bridges) So you want to significantly change DST’s Combat.. add mobs with AoE that require timed Jumping to avoid damage.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:11 PM, Ogrecakes said:

If Klei is potentially worried about making the new player experience harder, they could always just add more challenges to the second, third, however many years survived.

Most players don't even survive past the first year for dozens of hours of play time, so it couldn't hurt.

(Uncompromising Mode Mod is still happening and doing this)

I'm a huge fan of this idea. I think a progression system like this where more unique challenges are introduced after year 1 will satisfy the veterans looking for more challenges and content without hurting the newbies and intermediates who're still learning how to survive the seasons.

Klei can go absolutely crazy with this idea. New bosses, new seasonal obstacles, and maybe even new monsters that appear after year 1, year 2, etc. would entice experienced players to stay while luring in new players looking forward to eventually progress to that content. 

1 hour ago, Rinkusan said:

I'm a huge fan of this idea. I think a progression system like this where more unique challenges are introduced after year 1 will satisfy the veterans looking for more challenges and content without hurting the newbies and intermediates who're still learning how to survive the seasons.

Klei can go absolutely crazy with this idea. New bosses, new seasonal obstacles, and maybe even new monsters that appear after year 1, year 2, etc. would entice experienced players to stay while luring in new players looking forward to eventually progress to that content. 

Still a bad idea.

Why? because DS was a solo experience intended for one player.

DST is a Multiplayer game where the stuff you build is most the time built with friends. And what’s Worse- Some Of the Stuff you build can only be built for a limited time throughout the year.

You guys might be happy when Deerclops starts throwing gigantic Ice Shards into your base from a Distance.

But I personally would be pissed off if the beautiful Wintersfeast scene I built got Destroyed and couldn’t be Rebuilt until NEXT WintersFeast.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

One thing a lot of games has that DST does NOT Have is Timed Jumping.

Like Okay so for anyone who has played Batman Arkham City you know that the Boss Fight with Solomon Grundy has him slam his chains into the ground sending a pulse of electricity across the floor.. and the only way to avoid taking damage is by jumping above the AoE attack.

DST Already has Jump Animations (Just watch as people merrily Hop all over the map exploiting boat kits as personal bridges) So you want to significantly change DST’s Combat.. add mobs with AoE that require timed Jumping to avoid damage.

The problem with timed jumps, as with most technical combat suggestions is going to be latency.  When I play this game on console in the same room as my allies I experience a lot of lag variance.  We are all great gamers and still have difficulty clearing some bosses because you must use an extremely cautious kiting timing to just avoid their attacks.  I was fighting bearger today and could only attack twice before fleeing on road to avoid the hits.

The reason other games can have an intense combat experience is because they are either 1 player so no latency, or they load very very few things at once like a fighting game, or league.  When the game is trying to transmit all of the data for the entire loaded area including every object like flowers, bushes, twigs, rot ect it will not be able to also support tight timing controls.

I see this as the main reason we won't ever see much variance in combat.  For Forge combat the game wasn't also loading your entire mega base, or the forest / spiders / regrowth / ect.  It was only playing Forge, so they could go a bit more all out on the combat.

1 hour ago, Rinkusan said:

I already take about 2 years to go through the content as it is...  The only way you could add more mandatory content at this point would be to remove some other mandatory content.  This is a sandbox game, not endless boss rush.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Still a bad idea.

Why? because DS was a solo experience intended for one player.

DST is a Multiplayer game where the stuff you build is most the time built with friends. And what’s Worse- Some Of the Stuff you build can only be built for a limited time throughout the year.

You guys might be happy when Deerclops starts throwing gigantic Ice Shards into your base from a Distance.

But I personally would be pissed off if the beautiful Wintersfeast scene I built got Destroyed and couldn’t be Rebuilt until NEXT WintersFeast.

I'm not sure what the argument is here. If anything, being a multiplayer game makes all the more sense for there to be a progression system past year 1. 

Where did I suggest for there to be a Deerclops that can destroy your base from a distance? All I'm arguing for is unique mandatory challenges past year 1 (i.e. a survival progression system). 

8 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I already take about 2 years to go through the content as it is...  The only way you could add more mandatory content at this point would be to remove some other mandatory content.  This is a sandbox game, not endless boss rush.

The fact that this is a sandbox survival game as opposed to a boss speedrun is all the more reason to add a progression system past year 1. There is plenty of content, but unfortunately, a lot of it is optional and has very little to do with the core survival challenge. I just think it would be great if that can be expanded on by adding new seasonal challenges in a way that doesn't hurt people who're still learning. 

Just off the top of my head, you can have a snowstorm event happen in 2nd winter that accelerates heat loss and encourages people to use more than just a thermal stone to survive. This obviously isn't a perfect or even fleshed out idea, but it is an example of new mandatory content added to the future years in which no mandatory content is deleted. 

Okay so let’s pretend they did implement forced survival progression into the game with bosses.

And by 3 years of Summer Antlion evolves into a Volcanic horror, the Ground Craters that it creates will now also erupt into bubbling pools of lava sitting anything in its path ablaze.

I believe that Klei choose to make content optional because they want us as players to choose when we want to tackle that content, instead of having that content actively coming to seek us out & become complete frustration.

—————————————

I also want to point out in the picture below it says “survivors will be able to travel to new LANDS, with New Biomes, Creatures & More”

So it seems there will probably be a few more lands added later.

And it also seems that from this to suggest we will have to “Travel to” New Content.. Not have it come forcibly “Travel To” Us.

The source of that image can be found here: 

F006ED34-41F4-484A-9366-CAD383396614.png

19 hours ago, Jessie223 said:

what is a "nice combat system"? you keep repeating this, never explaining it, only repeating the vague hypothetical positive outcomes that you think would come from it

a lot of people here are going "if klei just adds this, removes that, changes this, or replaces that, then the game would be all well and dandy" without ever explaining how or why

merely stating "x will fix the game" doesn't make that instantly true

i agree with most of your post but i partly disagree with this. there have been countless threads and suggestions about how to implement some good stuff in this game that were 100% ignored; the very only exceptions being shipwrecked coming to DST (which happened in the form of RoT; btw thank you Klei) and the reworks (which in my opinion, so far, were left to be desired)

the farms, the recipes, currently useless equipments and structures, AI combat patterns, RNG, celestial portal, sanity... i remember all of these already having their comprehensible suggestions that were barely even considered. sure i dont expect them to implement literally anything that the community proposes but you absolutely cannot say that we don't overexplain potential concepts around to give the devs some idea of what we want

Indeed by this point in DST's life some new major extra-content (and wide-range refreshes) should be added in the seasons, mobs, bosses and biomes department (Forest and Cave shards alike), even in WorldGen options imo. And I do hope "Return of Them" will be on track of doing exactly that (akin "ANR"). For now (during 2019) KLei laid down a foundation with implementing new ocean major feature, a macro-start. And yes, as actual new content goes, what 2019 brought about was only marginal, adjoining, some calling it "fluff" stuff. I for one have big hopes regarding how mentioned return of "Them" to Constant's land will impact visual landscape and functionality of game mechanics - and my expectations mirror somewhat the introduction of Shadow Chess Pieces and Ancient Fuelweaver plus their effect on game-play and most of all the concept of Ruins reset or, in the case of Moon, what theoretical "moonification" the arrival of "Them" would bring about the land.

As I've stated in past, am a fan of "1 step-event incrementation of stakes" akin first AFw take-down, that amps up survival difficulty with one new level as to satisfy veteran players' proverbial thirst for new thrills - can be called a "Hard Mode" trigger. I see this return of "Them" as a way to increase complexity and dynamic of DST general environments while also introducing new elements - perhaps after the 1st defeat of a Moon-boss type of entity. What is certain in my book is DST needs a new upper layer of more complex game mechanics: maybe AIs of mobs jolt a bit up (smarter pigs Hamlet-alike, bunnymen "cave society"?!), perhaps we'll see some tougher variants of current aggressive mobs/seasonal bosses after said "1-step-event" (the Howler Hound variant for wider RNG-based waves, Varg boss, more types of wave mobs, more seasonal bosses and refreshes of current seasonal bosses attack-patterns in the vein of "Laserclops", diverse types of new Shadow Creatures etc), more demanding and interactive weather mechanics (chills, blizzards, hot rains a.s.o, also a randomization of seasons and more seasonal particularities like a sudden re-burst of winter after some days into spring par example) - there's a lot of room for improvement, even with more complex weapons and weapon-attacks.

Still we need to keep some things in mind when talking about what can realistically be expected-and-done in DST context:

・ feasibility and accessibility of new content: how many people from total player-base will access the new proposed content and in which form so as to justify resources allocated by Klei in developing named content (1-2% accessibility justifies an entire DLC, for example? Still skins sales could mitigate this); for now, with "RoT" thus far, it seems said access is aimed as instantaneous after spawn; will see more ofc in relation to the hypothetical "big AFw-like type of Moon Boss" future updates will surely bring in;

・ what "survival" means in broad consensus: aka the types of environment conditions and mobs that are actively working on Player's Demise and how; even if - and they should - Klei amps up these aspects, it cannot be done ad-infinitum; it's a sandbox and by the-very-nature of its self-imposed goals and "open-end..without an end" (aside death and reset), adept players will sooner-or-later reach the content plateau no matter how much content may be added - ofc, if you exclude constant MMO-like updates - and DST isn't a MMO, sadly(?!);

・ the combat system and its specifics: as we all know, DST isn't a combat-oriented game - we can very well survive years without even hitting/killing ourselves 1 spider; yes, it wouldn't be efficient in doing so, but non-combat is very-much an option - thus its combat is very simplistic; add to this the latency problem (loading entire areas around players, accumulating elements on ground as time passes), even the LUA limitations for online proficient tasks, one can see why complex combat (with tight-timing actions) wouldn't do well. Sure Forge 1&2 were fun, but those were Arena Mob-Rushes via Klei-hosted servers, not random and with mediocre-or-so player-hosted servers Survival Sandbox - other context and rules akin to entire different games;

・ Co-Op and general pub casual-player behavior: the big problem with proposed "Survival compulsory-requiring 2-3-etc players cooperation" I saw in previous posts imo (from what I've noticed in my virtually-thousands of pub hours) is the very nature of casual players, bulk of player-base - uncooperative by lack of knowledge, unwillingness, carelessness, even trolling or all-listed. Right in the case of Forge, if you remember, only around 2% of total amount of players managed to defeat the end-boss - and that was a pretty straightforward small-setup Battle Arena, where you had 7-10 minutes-long matches with relatively quick/easy learning curve. Now imagine what will this imply in a large-world-scale-over-tens-of-minutes Survival Sandbox context where everyone pretty much does their own mojo and don't care about others. Sure you can say "play with competent friend", yet what is the percentage of people managing to survive past 1st winter? And from those what is the number ending up killing Fw? Plus, on top of all that, factor the uncooperative trait even among friends (or the limited time-table allocated to playing amid friends for that matter). Thus we are back at the feasibility and accessibility point again.

Yes, if all one expects from DST is the mandatory "survival" aspect and knows all ins-and-outs of the game - PLUS has the required dexterity from play-experience over repeated sessions aka skill from various first-hand combat situations, one can chew its "survival" content (environment conditions and mobs that are actively working on Player's Demise) after 1 in-game year. And that's it. I reckon it would be nice in most of the advanced players' books if elements of Forge combat could be added to main game, mobs patterns of attack as well, locked behind a "1-step triggering event" (so as to not burden even more newbies/noobs); still that wouldn't account for DST's "sandbox" facet - where how you go about DST basic challenges is where it shines and is about one's creativity - as a personal note, how many of the survival-only enthusiasts in here are doing stuff like from spoiler below?

Spoiler

A Labyrinth entrance base I've done on an Endless dedicated pub:

labyrinth_yotc_base

Or an Atrium self-sufficient and aesthetic base? Boat settlements beside Malba's spawns for thrills? :encouragement:

Even only a fishing-and-Gnarwail-mushing cute-but-functional minimal sea camp:

fishing_camp

If not, you are missing fun on the very-important "creative sandbox" front and limit oneself to a pretty-indeed-repetitive aspect.

And if by chance you are only in for the fighting aspect of DST as component of "survival" (and now I do see why the PvP swaying), then I suppose that's it for your "famished adventure" for now. There are ofc mods revolving around various "battle arena" ideas, I've posted links for some in past (see spoiler below for certain mods that make game-play harder, generally or in form of battle arenas), still saw many people being against mods for various reasons, thus that's that.

Spoiler

Hard Mode - general crippling mode and harder setups;

[HARD] Harder mobs & mechanics - spawns bigger versions of each monster on the map; they are faster, attack stronger and have more HP; mobs have more range and can no longer be kited;

[HARD] Harder biomes & bosses - spawn more dangerous biomes, set pieces, and new bosses on the map;

Krampus Boss Fight - spawns 30k hp giant krampi with devastating attacks;

The Arena - spawns fighting arena set-pieces over the world to partake in monster tournaments with increased difficulty and loot;

The Hunt - game mode where one has to defend against endless waves of monsters;

More/Less Hounded - modified frequency of Hound and Worm attacks, and their numbers;

Starving Floor REVAMPED - turns DST into a wave-based, class-based, co-op arena bloodbath;

VS. Deerclops - Juggernaut Mode for DST - allows one player to play as a mighty boss, while everyone else on the server, as normal characters, are tasked with defeating him;

Cavemen - Science Machines and Alchemy Engines are disabled; either fight for survival with basic tools, seek knowledge through tumbleweeds, the oasis or specific bosses, or go obtain powerful items from the ruins;

Bonus: The Forge Battle Pack - access in normal DST the weapons and suits from Forge event.

In conclusion we indeed need more "meat" on the proverbial "bones" of basic DST mechanics (mobs and seasons alike), but we don't want it turned into a stats/leveling-up fiesta via some "endless tougher-and-tougher mobs/bosses giant battle arena rush". Moderation and middle ground are the key, as always and in most things.

On 1/2/2020 at 4:58 PM, thetricker1 said:

sure, dragonflys furnace , 10% krampus sack from klaus, bee queens loot, etc are useless 

Ehem... 10% 

We're talking that there's a 90% percent of getting garbage. Bee Queen? I mean the crown is useful, but is only for sanity, which is not a matter anymore at that point of the game, because there's better alternatives than literally killing one entire boss just for sanity.

Dragonfly furnace? Is kinda meh, you can easily live without it.

How to fix this game so you all have to kill those totally optional bosses so you can stop complaining about them being optional.

Give each boss a fragment of a world “Key” much like how Single Player DS has you find all the parts of the wooden thing to go to the next level.

Bee Queen just became a still completely OPTIONAL Boss Fight, But 100% Mandatory If you expect to progress any further into the games so far non-existent Adventure Mode.

2 hours ago, Ismael Marin said:

Bee Queen? I mean the crown is useful, but is only for sanity, which is not a matter anymore at that point of the game, because there's better alternatives than literally killing one entire boss just for sanity.

Bundling wrap will change your life. 160 Light Bulbs on your person never spoiling and taking up only 1 slot is pretty great. Or food, or Hambats, or whatever.

On 1/31/2020 at 12:10 PM, Sunset Skye said:

My biggest piece of advice to anyone that's started to get bored with the meta: stop following the meta. The meta for DS/T is and always has been incredibly boring and repetitive to follow, it consists of using the same few items to accomplish the same few tasks over and over, until the game is "won" and then that world is abandoned, and any updates to the meta simply switch around a couple of those items and tasks. The game gets way more fun imo when you branch out and try new stuff on your own, like using an insulated pack + heating food to survive winter, or focusing on the optional RoT content and surviving off of fish. The meta doesn't have to change if you aren't stuck in it and you do your own things just because you enjoy the variety rather than because they're the best.

the game still plays the same no matter what

6 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Thank god for that, imagine buying classic Tetris but it doesn't play as classic Tetris. Want a different game? Open Steam store.

Haha, I’m in disagreement with this one though.

We live in the year 2020, Video Games aren’t having sequels releases annually year after year anymore, INSTEAD Developers have started to add new content into their Already existing games.

Rainbow Siege is on like what?? It’s 5th year of DLC.

Anyway that’s not the point: The Point is that DST is no longer just a Single Player DS Expansion For Multiplayer, DST has over the years evolved into its own thing, Even picking up the Story Mode Where DS Solo leaves off.

I believe that Klei is finally acknowledging DST as an Actual Sequel now, and as such they’ve started adding tons of new content and Reworking all the games characters to feel even more new and Unique, there will no doubt be even more content, mobs and gameplay changes throughout the course of 2020.

TL:DR Minecraft doesn’t have a Sequel, they just continue to add to and evolve the Original, and now that DS has transitioned into a Multiplayer game.. I Literally see no reason why it Can not be the same.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Haha, I’m in disagreement with this one though.

We live in the year 2020, Video Games aren’t having sequels releases annually year after year anymore, INSTEAD Developers have started to add new content into their Already existing games.

Rainbow Siege is on like what?? It’s 5th year of DLC.

Anyway that’s not the point: The Point is that DST is no longer just a Single Player DS Expansion For Multiplayer, DST has over the years evolved into its own thing, Even picking up the Story Mode Where DS Solo leaves off.

I believe that Klei is finally acknowledging DST as an Actual Sequel now, and as such they’ve started adding tons of new content and Reworking all the games characters to feel even more new and Unique, there will no doubt be even more content, mobs and gameplay changes throughout the course of 2020.

TL:DR Minecraft doesn’t have a Sequel, they just continue to add to and evolve the Original, and now that DS has transitioned into a Multiplayer game.. I Literally see no reason why it Can not be the same.

Most games from 2010+ still plays the same, but with added content. Exceptions are, often, games in alpha/beta because they are in development and competitive games because they need to keep the game fresh (through new meta, new items, new characters, etc) but even then they still play the same for the most part. I would put MMORPGs too but most of the time it's just new gear and new content, to keep people grinding for new shiny stuff, and maybe once every half a decade the gameplay changes, if that.

If what Klei added means, for whoever I was replying to, that the game still plays the same, even though the meta might have somewhat changed with bundled wraps and stone fruits, for him not even competitive games nor MMOs change, which is a thought that I could get behind too, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

Wait...! There is a Meta, i thought DST is all about: "you just pick your fav char and survive" like Don't Starve, (Excuse me, i Still not play DST yet, because my Wilbur (my fav char) is not show up and i know about a mod that ad SW char.).

There’s a story and lore and something we are supposed to be doing... but ultimately I don’t feel like/lack the skill to be doing it so I just Live day by day wandering around cluelessly.

I am not sure if Wilbur will ever be added to DST, I hope ALL SW & Hamlet characters eventually make it in, But with Wilbur being a poop throwing Playable Monkey I am not 100% sure how that will work out in Multiplayer.

Only Thing I can think of is that he can throw poop at Wormwood to heal him maybe?? but even that.. isn’t enough.

When they brought Warly over they brought him to be the Ultimate food dish chef, he works well in a “Together” Environment.

not sure I can say the same thing about Wilbur or Wheeler. :( 

6 hours ago, Ismael Marin said:

Ehem... 10% 

We're talking that there's a 90% percent of getting garbage. Bee Queen? I mean the crown is useful, but is only for sanity, which is not a matter anymore at that point of the game, because there's better alternatives than literally killing one entire boss just for sanity.

Dragonfly furnace? Is kinda meh, you can easily live without it.

Dragonfly furnace = unlimited heat source = you on longer need to farm logs to heat thermal stones.  You can keep a few warm at base to quickly switch out so you don't have to sit around any more than you have to.

Bee Queen is not just crown, which is actually one of the best sanity management items in the game - especially when you can spare some damage on it, as fighting mobs like Deerclopse are much easier without their sanity auras.  You can also quickly fill up your sanity on nightmare lights in the ruins.  It also is an integral part of the sanity / insanity station crafted with evil flowers where you either do or do not wear the bee queen crown while standing on them.

Oh yeah - and bundle wraps, the thing that lets you hit pause on spoiling foods so you can keep your snacks, heals, and lightbulbs around as long as you need allowing you to skip the monotonous task of refreshing those supplies every few days.

Klaus has a 10% chance of dropping Krampus Sack, which is the end-all be-all backpack of the game.  Not just that but he has a chance to give you loots from other bosses so killing him is literally a second chance (or possibly a first because he's easier to set up for than bee queen) at getting some prize loot.

Do you need these to survive?  Of course you don't.  One of the main themes of Don't Starve is you survive your way.  You could survive as Wigfrid without ever eating if that's what you wanted to do.  Meanwhile these items, often called luxury items, really thin out how much grinding / monotonous garbage time you have to sink before you can go do something else fun.

23 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

Wait...! There is a Meta, i thought DST is all about: "you just pick your fav char and survive" like Don't Starve, (Excuse me, i Still not play DST yet, because my Wilbur (my fav char) is not show up and i know about a mod that ad SW char.).

Meta is just means the easiest / optimal way of doing something.  Stone fruit are a great example - they are easy to care for, grow year round, repopulate themselves, and can feed a server of people pretty easily.  Thus stone fruit are "meta."  You could easily survive without them but you will be working less, and getting more if you take a trip to the island soon and get stone fruit going.

Ice used to be meta because it would store forever in the fridge and could make meatballs easily.  Its kinda a universal filler.  However with stonefruit I don't use ice nearly as much.  Similarly Wickerbottom used to be meta for feeding a server of 10-20 players, however with stonefruit you can provide a good amount of food easily, and her book only advances the plant 1 of its multiple stages of growth, which happen pretty quickly on their own, so she is less needed.  Thus the meta shifts.

Since the game isn't cooperative its easy to not notice any "meta" things because you can survive without these things, but if you want to cut down the amount of time you do filler tasks these meta things can have a pretty good impact.

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

... Wilbur being a poop throwing...

That's the main reason why Wilbur is my FAV char.

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Only Thing I can think of is that he can throw poop at Wormwood to heal him maybe??

Nice!!!

I understand what you say, in DST you have to be useful in the team but even Wes made it to DST, why not my Wilbur, Like Webber and spider, so Wilbur and monkey and forest biome maybe. When you love a class you will some how figure out how to make it work.

P/s: why not just add all char, Klei don't loose anything, more char = more skin to sell, profit. about the role in a team, Klei can always rework them later when they have time. for now just add, a simple mod can do it why can't Klei.

I think, game is about have fun by messing around with your fav char,  not like in real life where you have to be useful to take part in a team. BTW an extra not-that-useful helping hand is still better than no hand.

32 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

That's the main reason why Wilbur is my FAV char.

Nice!!!

I understand what you say, in DST you have to be useful in the team but even Wes made it to DST, why not my Wilbur, Like Webber and spider, so Wilbur and monkey and forest biome maybe. When you love a class you will some how figure out how to make it work.

P/s: why not just add all char, Klei don't loose anything, more char = more skin to sell, profit. about the role in a team, Klei can always rework them later when they have time. for now just add, a simple mod can do it why can't Klei.

I think, game is about have fun by messing around with your fav char,  not like in real life where you have to be useful to take part in a team. BTW an extra not-that-useful helping hand is still better than no hand.

It’s not as simple as “Just add”

DST has Clothing Cosmetics letting you swap a characters head, Shirt, Gloves, Pants and Shoes.

Sure they can add him without Reworking any of his abilities.. but if they have to go through the trouble of animating every single clothing item in the game to be compatible with him then, why not just Rework his abilities in the process? Patience my friend.. maybe it will come, but let’s not rush.

Archived