[Poll] Would you like Klei to update other areas of the map?

Do you want Klei to update other areas of the map?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Klei to update other areas of the map?

2. 2. If yes then do you want big changes or small 'finishing touches'?

• Big ones- these areas need lots of new stuff
    • Small ones- I'm happy with what's already in them
    • I chose 'no' in the 1st question

Hello. So as the RoT continues to grow we're sure to expect a lot of content aimed at the sea and most likely the ruins. But what would you like to see should Klei decide to give other areas some love?

What do I mean by that? Well for example that swamp would be more then just reeds and tentacle spikes. I'm not talking about adding a lot of new content , just some new small features to garnish the existing areas.

Here are some of my ideas:

-Mud pits in the swamp that could be dug up like graves to reveal some loot. Simmilary to graves a hostile mob would have a chance  to spawn, They would refill every spring and they'd work like sand piles in sw as in the player would be able to get rid of them permanently.

-Natural pig villages spawning with more structures and stuff. Wild crops, bonefires etc

-Bugs that eat twigs left on the ground. Common as moleworms.

-Creatures that feast on rot. A cleaning service for all that rot floating in the sea and lying on the ground

-Those stone crabs from Gorge wandering in the rocky biome simmilary to rabbits in savanna.

-Touch stones in the caves should have Bunnyman heads on a stick instead of Pigman ones

-More skeletal/other ramains of creatures found around Constant. Think something simmilar to the stuff present around the moon altar.

Discuss and give your own ideas

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Mud pits in the swamp

This sounds like a good idea but I would remove the ability to permitly remove them as there will always be that one guy who shovels them all up and removes those (maybe) important resources. I would instead make them like sinkholes, come back but very slowly.

Natural pig villages spawning with more structures and stuff.

This would domesticate the pigs a little more,  but depending on the amount may get a little silly like having a bunch of carrots everywhere that make it a harvest simular to a bunnyman culling, I would just like to pout a restriction for like 4 different things per pig village so that things don't get out of hand.

Bugs that eat twigs left on the ground. Common as moleworms.

So, Weevoles? They acted like the way you described your wanted mob, and they were so annoying. I would make them a uncommen mob that could appear anywhere on the map from a definite den so that they could be a nusence but not the rate that Weevoles were.

Creatures that feast on rot. A cleaning service for all that rot floating in the sea and lying on the ground

I would much rather have rot despawn after like 10 days of constantly on the ground so that it could despawn even if the supposed creature couldn't reach it. A rot eating animal sounds useful but its limitations could prove to be harsh.

Those stone crabs from Gorge wandering in the rocky biome simmilary to rabbits in savanna

I always found that one of the main issues of the rocky biome was that there was no food naturally growing there, ever. With the addition of the pebble crabs, they would both add a reason to go back while also removing one of the main challenges of the biome. I liked the pebbles crabs, but I'm wary about actually adding them.

ouch stones in the caves should have Bunnyman heads on a stick instead of Pigman ones

I mean it would make more sense bit it would also remove you having the chance to getting any pig skins and instead replaces it with a materials that has very limites uaes compared to pig skin.

More skeletal/other ramains of creatures found around Constant. Think something simmilar to the stuff present around the moon altar.

It would most certainly add more feeling to the game, but it wouldn't add much in terms of actual content. Unlike the other idea, the only purpose of them would be aesthetics, which is fine but wouldn't effect the world in the long run like your other ideas.

There’s so much stuff they can add everywhere, tiny things like the way how Winter makes everything covered in snow, we need a fall season with color changing trees and falling leaf everywhere, new mobs etc.. 

Especially in the areas that feel mostly empty such as- Mostly empty Hay Fields, Out at Sea, Rock Biomes etc.

Would love to see something like Elder Mandrake become a new enemy mob that comes after you for picking, cooking or eating too many Mandrake plants. Haha

Anything to spruce up the place. I also think it would be better if rot despawned naturally after several days instead. Chances are bugs outside of the screen won't have an active AI, thus not do any work unless the player spends enough time in the vicinity, babysitting their process.

It does annoy me how this goes with withered plants too. Spend one summer around berry bushes to see them wither. Years later you can come back in any other season than summer, they will update to be un-withered but not have grown any berries or such resources since the AI was locked behind getting out of that first step.

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Touch stones in the caves should have Bunnyman heads on a stick instead of Pigman ones

Wouldn't make much more sense than pig heads in my opinion; primarily because it's heavily implied in the game that both the merms and pigmen have a large rivalry (you see merm heads in pig villages, and pig heads in swamps, Wurt does not get along with pigs, there is a set piece dedicated to the two factions fighting one another, etc). As such, the bunnymen don't seem to have any true rival of their own that would want their heads on a stick (I don't count Rock Lobsters because they act as a herd instead of a community, personally) in the caves.

Instead of Bunnyman heads on a stick, what about depths worms on a stick? Would play true to the hostility between the two, while also benefiting the player with a glowberry upon hammering.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

we need a fall season with color changing trees and falling leaf everywhere, new mobs etc.. 

We have this, it's autumn. Birchnut trees turn red/orange/yellow, deciduous turf gets an orange tint to convey a buildup of fallen leaves, and Bearger and no-eyed deer spawn.

1. Something what will make game a little more like survival.

Blizzard, alternate hound attacks, icebergs, fifth season etc...

2. Little changes like statues or baubles for all bosses.

3. Lunar chess pieces

4 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Creatures that feast on rot. A cleaning service for all that rot floating in the sea and lying on the ground

Highly Recommended

We already have a cleaner for the seas, fishes eat rot AFAIK, but one for land would be very nice!

-More skeletal/other ramains of creatures found around Constant. Think something simmilar to the stuff present around the moon altar.

I really like that idea, perhaps other ancients that you could fight at the atrium for varied loot, or revive somewhere else to have a new minion to play with once you have the thurible.

I don't want updates to biomes.  I think they work well as they are.  I wouldn't mind seeing some updates to game wide systems like hound attacks.

It would be cool if you could build a hound altar that allowed you to either provoke a hound attack or delay a hound attack allowing you some control over when this happens.  A lot of times after 200+ days I'm waiting at base for a hound attack before I run off and do something.  This is kinda annoying.  I like the way the AntLion works where you can fight it or appease it.  I think being able to build a hound altar and you provide some offering.  Perhaps you can dump in a stack of monster meat and this will satiate the hounds for as long as the meat lasts in the altar, or you could prick your finger getting instant 0 sanity and a health penalty spawning both hounds and shadow creatures after you immediately also resetting the hound attack timer.

In this way we get some fun interactions with the world and give us a bit more control over the tedious tasks like hound waves.

Similarly the lazy forager should be refuelable.  I think the item could be useful if it had some flexibility like the Magiluminescence where you can refuel it.

Perhaps we should also be able to use the Celestial Portal to spawn in certain things which are normally non-renewable at great cost such as Volt Goats and Beefalos.  If these ever die out in the world they're just gone.  Imagine if you could, through some crazy and expensive method, steal one from another survivor trapped in another world (iirc the Celestial Portal in lore just swaps two survivor's worlds, they don't die / get created.)  This might give us some mechanics for the cave portal as it could bring back slurtle mounds and rock lobsters ^_^

I'd much rather see these kind of updates, or just see new content, rather than see existing biomes reworked.

53 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

This thread is a good example of how you can disguise suggestion as a pool. That's a clever disguise, thanks.

Good guess but actually no.

If I had wanted to just throw my ideas at Klei then I would have gone to the 'Suggestions and feedback'.

I wanted to create some discussion among the community and see what are their thoughts on this hence the poll and tags. And your comment is not a useful feedback

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

We have this, it's autumn. Birchnut trees turn red/orange/yellow, deciduous turf gets an orange tint to convey a buildup of fallen leaves, and Bearger and no-eyed deer spawn.

Maybe so, but I mean ACTUAL leaf that fall from trees and build up on the ground and maybe blow through the wind all of that would be nice you know? I’m playing this game on an Xbox One all of that should be well within its technical limitations.. Hell im pretty sure even Super Mario on my SNES had that kind of technology.

My point is- that the games existing Biomes could use some more mobs and have tiny details added here and there to feel a little more life like, Swamp always seem to be invested with spider but there is not a single tree in the Biome covered in Spiderwebs for example..

I am also fully agreeing with having some mobs that go around cleaning up the map for you (such as having termites that eat wood and twigs when left sitting on the ground too long)

I think some natural wildlife interactions would go a long way, catcoons playing/scrapping around with eachother, pigs growing their own food to eat with primitive farms, other species interacting with one another, stuff like that. (Maybe some brand new mobs for each biome? It seems quite lonely for the Savannah to be known just as "the beefalo grass land")

Some new weather options could be really cool too, just imagine wandering around a dark forest when a fog comes in to obstruct view(not as bad as hamlet's fog), some light winds for autumn that could push things on the ground a little bit, blizzards in winter- just something to breathe a little life into the constant. 

9 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I think some natural wildlife interactions would go a long way, catcoons playing/scrapping around with eachother, pigs growing their own food to eat with primitive farms, other species interacting with one another, stuff like that. (Maybe some brand new mobs for each biome? It seems quite lonely for the Savannah to be known just as "the beefalo grass land")

Some new weather options could be really cool too, just imagine wandering around a dark forest when a fog comes in to obstruct view(not as bad as hamlet's fog), some light winds for autumn that could push things on the ground a little bit, blizzards in winter- just something to breathe a little life into the constant. 

Exactly!!! DST was at First a game created as a spinoff stand alone expansion to DS.

But its 2020 now people and DST is finally being recognized as the sequel to DS, with Multiplayer.

And as such, on top of adding brand new biomes, mobs and content for us to enjoy they can update the base games Biomes.. bring them to life a little bit more, take Lunar Island as an example sure it’s great new content- but you have to build a boat and set sail there, some people have likely never even SEEN this content-

Unlike the quote “Grassy Beefalo Biome” that everyone has to wander through at some point.

As for intense Snow Blizzards those should ONLY exist if you have Winter set above its default length... and they should demand the use of warmer Tier 3 Winter Clothing or you die..

(Since this game has no official difficulty slider options, make the game harder based on the length of that specific season set by the games host)

Archived