I like what you did Klei

Winter's Feast is definitelly my favourite seasonal event. But this year's version is quite something.

It is joyful but executes dst's creepiness well.

For example the design of Gingerbread Varg. Icing around it's face made it look like it has rabies. Very cool design.

And don't get me started at how Gingerbread Pigs make you think that this is all going to be cute and happy. In order to celebrate you have to destroy their little houses and watch as Innocent little Gingerbread Pig without legs is crawling on the floor as it's dying. And you can't even kill it as mercy, you're forced to watch it in its last moments.

I hope we'll see more creepiness like this in the future updates.

The Gingerpigs only make me wish that Hallowed Nights had cool content like that- such as ghosts you follow that float away a bit and then haunt the dirt disappearing into the ground, you’d wander around in that general area until you found the next ghost to follow, until eventually reaching wherever they are leading you.

(If I had my way.... it would be a Boss fight with a Moving Walking Totally Normal Tree.. Similar to GingerVarg)

But- I’m pretty sure you all know I love Halloween and anything that fits into that category. Sooooo yeah.

14 minutes ago, JDiceArt777 said:

Wait....that's a thing?!! 
I've never placed 2 together..... 
I, now, know what I'll be doing when I leave work today. lol

If you place the ovens like in this picture:

image.png.e93b2056391aad3aefd600804f807cbc.png

and keep walking against the wall, then both ovens will be triggered rapidly and make a nice drum roll.

Make sure to:

• Use Geometric Placement for placing the Masonry Ovens and keep 1 turf distance between them
  • Disable Lag Compensation when walking against the wall

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

If you place the ovens like in this picture:

image.png.e93b2056391aad3aefd600804f807cbc.png

and keep walking against the wall, then both ovens will be triggered rapidly and make a nice drum roll.

Make sure to:

• Use Geometric Placement for placing the Masonry Ovens and keep 1 turf distance between them
  • Disable Lag Compensation when walking against the wall

Oh, phooey! I'm on PS4... :?. No geo placement for us.... 

1 hour ago, JDiceArt777 said:

Oh, phooey! I'm on PS4... :?. No geo placement for us.... 

I dunno on what you're limited on PS4 exactly, if you're capable of placing structures right below your foot you might just place 3 wood fences, stand between them, burn them and place your oven right where you stand just to somewhat simulate geometric placement, else you could also just keep trying till you manage to place them with the same distance to your two walls, you won't loose any ressources upon hammering one except 4 out of 75 uses of your hammer.

Archived