This need to STOP

most DST modder don't have Modding Etiquette because they're always post the mod for personal use and Work in Progress or testing phase mods to the public, also lots of them doesn't has full description or no description at all.
here's the Modding Etiquette:
image.thumb.png.5d31a861b0d7416d85b4bce1bca2420f.png

1 hour ago, Yukanur said:

most DST modder don't have Modding Etiquette because they're always post the mod for personal use and Work in Progress or testing phase mods to the public, also lots of them doesn't has full description or no description at all.
here's the Modding Etiquette:
image.thumb.png.5d31a861b0d7416d85b4bce1bca2420f.png

shop mod

6 hours ago, Hornete said:

shop mod

Ahh, I forgot about that repeatedly released ambiguous mod and for a second thought there actually was a mod which gave you a shop menu in the game filtering ambiguous, poorly made, untranslated mods out and offering the best and most popular mods (sorta like that featured mods tab but expanded)

"Mods intended to be just for personal use should not be published for public use"

Doesn't like 50% of workshop mods have a description that just says "for personal use"?

Also I'd like a link to this guide.

Edited by Canis

6 minutes ago, Canis said:

"Mods intended to be just for personal use should not be published for public use"

Doesn't like 50% of workshop mods have a description that just says "for personal use"?

Also I'd like a link to this guide.

Here you go, they also have it up on steam forums but this is the guidelines in Klei page https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029556052-Modding-Guidelines

Also I hope that SCP-049 mod isn't just for personal use Cannis, it really is well made.

11 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Here you go, they also have it up on steam forums but this is the guidelines in Klei page https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029556052-Modding-Guidelines

Also I hope that SCP-049 mod isn't just for personal use Cannis, it really is well made.

If anything, it's sole purpose is to be public. What use is a creation if you don't share it?

Plus, the SCP brand is under the creative commons license, I'll be fine. (Plus, 90% of character mods are copyrighted characters)

Due to the wording of it, It doesn't seem I'll be able to yoink sounds from SCP: Secret Laboratory for a possible future mod, so that sucks.

… Wait, does that still count if the game/media is under creative commons? Can a Klei member answer?

Edited by Canis

On 17.12.2019 at 8:37 AM, Canis said:

Yes. Aside from the people who don't know that when it is a server mod, all you have to do to share it with your friends is to set all_clients_require_mod to true and you be the server, there are other reasons people do this. When they make a mod, but their friend is the server, and they don't consider the possibility of just sending them a zip-file (not all people use zip-files regularly, or even know what they are). The person might also not be very patient, and their friend isn't online, so they want to prepare for next time they're going to play, by uploading the mod, so they can just send their friend a link and they're good to go, instead of passing zip-files around. And some people just think it's cool to have it be on the workshop. Then take the previous sentences and make it 2 friends. Or 4 friends. Plus, I'm sure a teenager can get some clout from their gaming friends for having a mod on the workshop, even if it's just for them to use, perhaps even more so for that reason.

Now, back in MY day, we would pass files around like the little ingrates we were...*continues old man rant*

Edited by Ultroman