PLEASE stop making character skins with head attachments

This is getting so frustrating, stop making character skins that have some gaudy piece of clothing attached to their head as a part of the character skin. Second Winona skin in a row that I'm not going to buy because it will match absolutely no outfits except ones that are built around fitting the head piece she wears as a part of the skin. Wigfrid has the exact same problem, like half of her skins have her wearing some metal on her face that will absolutely clash with most outfits you can possibly make. If you're going to do it then at least give the option to disable the obnoxious head attachment so the skin can match more than one outfit.

The entire reason I use character skins is because they give alternate hairstyles and faces I can pair with my outfits, adding an obligatory head attachment that makes the skin clash with 99% of the outfits completely defeats the entire point of them existing in a cosmetic system where you can mix and match everything. Because from a fashion standpoint you can't anymore, because there's almost nothing to mix and match it with except the outfit it came with.

I get what you mean, but I dont agree with just outright removing them or not adding this stuff onto future skins.

What I think would be REALLY cool are alternate skin styles, where you could maybe toggle some features of skins on and off, kinda like how Team Fortress 2 has hat options that might remove assets that will clip and mismatch with other cosmetics, or just provide an alternate color scheme.

Spoiler

Sponsored by PeterA

• Developer
27 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

What I think would be REALLY cool are alternate skin styles, where you could maybe toggle some features of skins on and off, kinda like how Team Fortress 2 has hat options that might remove assets that will clip and mismatch with other cosmetics, or just provide an alternate color scheme.

Yeah, I'd love to add some more functionality to give users control over what clothing symbols are visible and how they are layered. Unfortunately that's a rather large task and way down on the priority list.

1 hour ago, mirrormind said:

snop

I wouldn't necessarily tell Klei to stop doing it, but I completely understand what you're talking about.

Wilson's Mad Scientist skin comes to mind immediately, I would've liked to see a version without the big googles. Wigfrid has a lot of these issues as well, but her Gladiator skin is the worst offender here.

That being said, I actually love Wigfrid's new skin a lot. It actually pairs perfectly with the Tam, so it works for me.

14 minutes ago, PeterA said:

-snoopy-

Retroactively im sure it would be time consuming for the artists at the very least, but in the future if you guys could maybe start saving early versions of skins without certain layered details I think it would make the task much easier in the future, assuming it will still be under consideration.

1 hour ago, Starlogy said:

I wouldn't necessarily tell Klei to stop doing it, but I completely understand what you're talking about.

Wilson's Mad Scientist skin comes to mind immediately, I would've liked to see a version without the big googles. Wigfrid has a lot of these issues as well, but her Gladiator skin is the worst offender here.

That being said, I actually love Wigfrid's new skin a lot. It actually pairs perfectly with the Tam, so it works for me.

For me it is the Verdant Maxwell skin. I really hate the tree branch unibrow, but I like the hair style

The only skin I have this particular problem with is Warly's hallowed nights skin, that piece of lolipop completely ruins the experience for me. The hairstyle and the purple tint are really nice but I cant get the loli fitting anything, it's so ugly. Otherwise I've always found the different style of headbands Winona has in her skins or the tiaras Wigfrid has as an integral part of the skin/headstyle that do fit other clothes.

19 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

The only skin I have this particular problem with is Warly's hallowed nights skin, that piece of lolipop completely ruins the experience for me. The hairstyle and the purple tint are really nice but I cant get the loli fitting anything, it's so ugly. Otherwise I've always found the different style of headbands Winona has in her skins or the tiaras Wigfrid has as an integral part of the skin/headstyle that do fit other clothes.

Yes!! I want to like the Candy Man Warly, but the outfit isn't my thing, and I can't use it with anything else because of that lollipop.

I think I'm the only one who likes new Wigfrid skin. 

They are just people. What other skins can you come up with? Not surprisingly, the ideas are over and Wigfrid just give new tiaras. Not many hairstyles exist in our world. And making monsters skins is also not a good idea (if it's not Halloween). Question: what skin can you created without accessories and so that the character remains human?

2 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

What I think would be REALLY cool are alternate skin styles, where you could maybe toggle some features of skins on and off

Reveal hidden contents

Sponsored by PeterA

3 hours ago, mirrormind said:

at least give the option to disable the obnoxious head attachment so the skin can match more than one outfit.

Archived