Extremely Annoying Audio Cutting - How To Resolve?

When there are too many sounds going on at once, the in-game sounds starts to cut out, a lot. Example here:

Spoiler

It's really annoying (and at times ear piercing) and makes the game hard to play. I did an Oasis Base for the first time, and I'm noticing it a lot with just the sandstorm being up as well, making it not that enjoyable.

Is this a hardware issue or an in-game issue? Do others experience this issue? I don't experience this with other games. I reported here in case you ask, but I'm guessing the devs are busy.

Huh, it’s nice to know I wasn’t the only one who had this problem. I don’t notice it much, but it’s especially obvious for me if I’m doing something like the klaus fight, which leads to audio issues the moment the deer cast a spell.

I never noticed this before the audio changes. Perhaps something might have gone wrong, or maybe the cap for multiple sounds playing at once was reduced?

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Hm, I too had this, tho I thought it's because the tons of loaded stuff making the game lagging, including audio.

I thought exactly the same thing. Also this has been happening to me ever since I installed the game in 2016 I think, so I got used to it and I just play with both Music and SFX set to level 1. Could it be lag related?

Sadly... this is absolutely normal. All the sounds of the game have a playback value, which mean if you have more sounds playing than its maximal it will stop to play the newest one. I don't think you can fix that unless replacing the sounds files with a bigger playback max on each sounds.

5 hours ago, ADM said:

Sadly... this is absolutely normal. All the sounds of the game have a playback value, which mean if you have more sounds playing than its maximal it will stop to play the newest one. I don't think you can fix that unless replacing the sounds files with a bigger playback max on each sounds.

That's a shame. I can't even lower the volume anymore since it would be too low due to the sound changes that were made.

Archived