[Game Update] - 381897

• Developer

Hotfix 381897:

• Fix crash downloading patch notes when language was not set to english.
  • Fix Duplicant animations not playing when they worked at buildings.

Earlier Hotfix 381818:

• Added NEW! Insulation tutorial video which triggers when you build a specifically heat-influencing building.
  • Fix crash when trying to load the Short image and patch notes
  • Added the Mechanical Surfboard's sounds to the main menu
  • Added some suntan lotion rubbing sounds to one of the cycles of the Beach Chair
  • Worlds that were generated with Mod Traits will no longer crash if reloaded without those mods.
  • Fixed crash that happened when multiple sparkle streakers were sparkle streaking at the same time.
  • Added some more variation to the wind tunnel sounds
  • Balloon anims snap around less often
  • Audio doesn't cut out immediately upon stopping a video clip.
  • Fixed the Duplicant positions in the wind tunnel
  • Fixed blurry Wind Tunnel textures
  • Wind tunnel get in/get out animations now play
  • Fix Total Skills string so it gets localized
  • Small changes to Chinese strings
  • Missing Hot Tub interact sounds re-added
  • Made the dupe less concerned looking in the unlit state of the beach chair dupe interact
  • Updating hot tub dupe interacts to final animation
  • Sparkle effects should layer better with buildings

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

14 minutes ago, mrsedgewick said:

Okay so a large number of "working" animations no longer, er, work. The dupes just stand next to the object while the progress bar progresses. Plumbed bathrooms, sinks, and hamster wheels, just to name a few.

I can confirm.

weafwefr.gif.e2a629637cf954dba3b823955697839a.gifwafrrgter.gif.46f27a6ab28b707cedef9f7692270620.gif

1 hour ago, psusi said:

Weird... I had a dupe building an insulated tile yesterday before this update do so with no animation.

There's been conditions to make this happen for a while now, I think its consistent if you somehow displace them from where they started the errand (ie finish building another tile that causes them to teleport upward)

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Added NEW! Insulation tutorial video which triggers when you build a specifically heat-influencing building.

image.png.e8232610f7fdf979626fc2e34d63460f.png

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

Spoiler

Yeah I know it's the WIP one...which means back into the trenches to fish out the audio file...

• Made the dupe less concerned looking in the unlit state of the beach chair dupe interact

...I guess @AnimatedErica's influence was too strong. :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

Also, the one animation I was hoping you guys wouldn't update...

• Balloon anims snap around less often

You guys are doing this to me on purpose, aren't you? :wilson_curious:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d04893a42ed42314ac327802bd61964b.png

• Updating hot tub dupe interacts to final animation

...back into the trenches I go.

image.thumb.png.fbe42818a3b4f443452db955099f3418.png

Someone decided to fragment the audio files...I'm undecided on whether I need to praise or rage at this. :wilson_curious:

• Haha 3

Try to do live releases on Monday :) I bet doing this hotfix on Friday wasn't most happy event in that week. Since I introduced Monday releases with my team everybody feels much better having whole week for hotfixes (and they always happens), than thinking what else wrong through weekend after end of week live release :)
Anyway thanks! Good work guys! How I wished I moved to gaming industry than boring corporate systems. Lucky you!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MarcinW said:

Try to do live releases on Monday :) I bet doing this hotfix on Friday wasn't most happy event in that week. Since I introduced Monday releases with my team everybody feels much better having whole week for hotfixes (and they always happens), than thinking what else wrong through weekend after end of week live release :)
Anyway thanks! Good work guys! How I wished I moved to gaming industry than boring corporate systems. Lucky you!

Well considering the game was constantly crashing and for some was unplayable, I'd like to think they wanted to get this fix out. :wilson_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Made the dupe less concerned looking in the unlit state of the beach chair dupe interact

While it's sad to see this go, it does make sense. Since you can use the chair without sun-light for a sizeable moral boost.