Cosmetics and item skins are ok but....

I would like to see some HUD skins too

I found some client side mods in steam workshop for HUD to look like The Forge battle theme or The Gorge victorian theme

But i would really like skins like shadow HUD, Lunar HUD, Steampunk HUD, Forest HUD etc...

image.thumb.png.18981243aa32a4f7aa487e80dc2a7b49.png

image.thumb.png.eba0d5cf7fd9907ae93af7e6b9eb7c50.png

Images from Steam Workshop, all credits to respective owners

Klei making hud skins would take it away from modders.

And while there's nothing wrong with the client side mods, console lads and lasses are locked out of it.
And when Klei changes stuff, people need to wait for the mod author to update their mod, should it not be abandoned at that point.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

This argument might've worked before the Forge, but we've had vignettes for years now.

But vignettes are there to have some diversion while you are waiting to continue to play, like a nice painting you are watching while sitting in a waiting room, so they have a function. I don't see any sense for Klei in wasting time for creating HUDs, as there are already mods for it.

I don’t really care too much for HuD skins, but full fledge world skins would be pretty awesome, (think Minecraft Texture packs) unfortunately... that would require Wayyyyy too much time and effort and therefore will never become an actual thing in DST, but it is fun to dream every once in awhile.

22 hours ago, FyreIsBoss said:

What's the problem with them being client side mods?

The mods are nice, op didn’t said anything about them, but there's like... two HUD mod that look quite neat so far ? It is difficult to make something looking right in this game, lot of scaling and adjustments have to be done before having a nice render and repeat them in the various UI, that's why there's not so many of these mods, and nothing guarantise you the modders will keep the mods updated, unless others do re-upload... 

Archived