Wolfgang Rework

Wolfgang should be able to yeet other players.

That's the rework we all need.

N̸̢̳̤͔̲͠o̴̰͕̲̪̲̱̔̐̈́̎̆̈̌͘ǫ̸̢̥͖̻̜̝̼̲̚ͅb̴̡̨͈̰̜͕̫̎̑̈̊ͅ ̷̰̼̀͆͌̇c̸̯̙̹̭̘̟̩̻͖̓̄̀̈͝͝͠a̸̢͍̹̝͌̈́̇ṱ̶̨̢̥̼͇͈̦̋͊͐̄̚ͅa̷̧̠͖̩͖̜̾̋͆͆̈́̕͠p̴̼̪̗̺̌̄̈̈́ͅu̷̢̹̩̱̞̯̥̩͑͑̿̚͝l̴̢̨͙̗̭̤̖͖̽̑̃̃̽͑̃̌̃t̶͈̜̮̳̖̝̦̩͇̫͆͗͝

7 hours ago, Toros said:

The most obvious and disruptive of which is “moving the goalposts.”  Your initial position was that strong people are slow.  That was obviously false because there are many athletes that are both strong and fast relative to average people who don’t exercise.

My first post in this thread:

On 11/5/2019 at 1:38 PM, Shosuko said:

As much as everyone loves his speed - I think it could go.  Body builders and power lifters are not typically also fast runners.  I think replacing his speed entirely with the ability to lift structures and statues and move them around faster (speed varying with his form) would be pretty cool.

I'm not moving anything.  Even considering historical context - body builders were never fast runners.  The type of cardio and physique you need to be fast is very different from pushing the heaviest weights.  Here is another set of images to illustrate my point:

The year is 1936 and Jesse Owens took home 4 gold medals from Nazi Germany:

race.jpeg

Meanwhile Josef Manger took home the gold for the top division of weight lifting:  Their bodies are built very differently, and that isn't an accident.  Cardio is a recent fad for weightlifters with crossfit only being about 50 years old.

Josef_Manger.jpg

7 hours ago, Toros said:

It’s very simple:

1) Stronger legs provides speed improvement

2) Upper body mass and strong legs provided speed and strength greater than someone with neither.

3) But not as much as strong legs and limited upper body mass.

4) No one other than Wolfgang could be expected to have strong legs, and he would be as big as strongmen from his era.  They would be stronger and faster than average people.

This isn’t complicated.

As I said before the reasoning "Running fast takes strength => Strong people are fast" is an oversimplification.  Strength is not interchangable like that, you get what you train for.  This doesn't even have to do with only the extremes but at all ranges of the scale.  A lighter person who only trains for short anearobic bursts isn't going to have the endurance to keep up a running pace even if theoretically their muscles could produce the explosive momentum to propel them forward.  I struggle to find actual run times for these strongmen, but I have heard anecdotes that while they can lift 500kg they get winded walking to get their mail...

Just check out the breakdown in this video - this is between champion crossfit Ben Smith and world champion strongman Brian Shaw.  Just listen to the way they break down their routines for each other, and how quickly Brian completely throws out running (at {timestamp} ).

21 hours ago, landromat said:

so basically you want wolfgant to be buffed

I want him to keep his unique traits he has now, that's it. He could have his sanity drain increased as a nerf, not his main mechanic cut off.

18 hours ago, blacknight7890 said:

he's already top tier. what more do they want??

That's why he is one of the least mained character according to the poll in neighbor thread?

10 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Wolfgang should be able to yeet other players.

That's the rework we all need.

N̸̢̳̤͔̲͠o̴̰͕̲̪̲̱̔̐̈́̎̆̈̌͘ǫ̸̢̥͖̻̜̝̼̲̚ͅb̴̡̨͈̰̜͕̫̎̑̈̊ͅ ̷̰̼̀͆͌̇c̸̯̙̹̭̘̟̩̻͖̓̄̀̈͝͝͠a̸̢͍̹̝͌̈́̇ṱ̶̨̢̥̼͇͈̦̋͊͐̄̚ͅa̷̧̠͖̩͖̜̾̋͆͆̈́̕͠p̴̼̪̗̺̌̄̈̈́ͅu̷̢̹̩̱̞̯̥̩͑͑̿̚͝l̴̢̨͙̗̭̤̖͖̽̑̃̃̽͑̃̌̃t̶͈̜̮̳̖̝̦̩͇̫͆͗͝

i dream of a day where I can pick up wes and throw him in the trash where he belongs

On 5/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, Pop Guy said:

I think Wolfgang should have more stomach.
At 400 of hunger his strength becomes x2.5 and his speed x2, his health rises to 400 and he gets 10% natural armor.
At 500 of hunger his strength becomes x3 and his speed x2.5, his health rises to 500 and he gets 20% natural armor.

At 1,000 of hunger his strength becomes x4 and his speed x3, his health rises to 600 and he gets 33% natural armor, as well as a passive regeneration of 1 health point per second.

At 10,000 of hunger his strength becomes x5, his speed x3,1, his health rises to 700 and he gets 50% natural armor, as well as a passive regeneration of 2 health points per second.

At 100,000 of hunger his strength becomes x10, his speed x3.3, his health rises to 1,000 and he gets 60% natural armor, as well as a passive regeneration of 3 health points per second.
At 1,000,000 of hunger (maximum obtainable) his strength becomes x100, his speed x3.5, his health rises to 15,000 and he gets 80% natural armor, as well as a passive regeneration of 5 health points per second. He also dies of a heart attack after ten seconds.

How about wolfgang have infinite hunger and when he reachs max hunger he is immortal and being able to destroy the whole universe?

6 hours ago, Starving eater said:

How about wolfgang have infinite hunger and when he reachs max hunger he is immortal and being able to destroy the whole universe?

no

On 11/11/2019 at 5:08 AM, Jessie223 said:

how is this off-topic argument still going

please stop

nobody is claiming that strongmen are faster than award-winning runners, you need to relax and realise you don't have to win every internet argument

Stop bothering him, he's right. Moreover, at least he argues.

Archived