[Game Update] - 377372

• Developer
  • The game should run on OSX 10.10 again.
  • Fixed a crash in Shop screen when the Steam overlay is disabled.
  • Fixed a crash when Wurt’s stats are updating.
  • Merm and Merm guards will react to epic screeching.
  • Using the Deconstruction Staff on a non occupied carpet should no longer kill the Merm King
  • Merms should no longer attack Chester if Wurt or a disguised character is carrying the Eyebone
  • Fixed a health losing issue with Wurt returning from the caves
  • Boating music is now working. 
  • Fixed a clothing issue with wimpy Wolfgang’s torso.
  • Fixed an issue with Wickerbottom’s Bewitching Boots.

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

40 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Merm and Merm guards will react to epic screeching.

Big nerf, before patch they used to forget about the fight often and required constant reminder, now the screeching makes them even forget of your friendship. So they can no longer be used to fight Bee Queen.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Developer
4 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Big nerf, before patch they used to forget about the fight often and required constant reminder, now the screeching makes them even forget of your friendship. So they can no longer be used to fight Bee Queen.

Sorry. I should have reviewed that change. The intent design is that while the Merm King is alive, Merm Guards would not be effected by the epic scare. This will be addressed in the next update. Thank you for bringing it up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 14

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry. I should have reviewed that change. The intent design is that while the Merm King is alive, Merm Guards would not be effected by the epic scare. This will be addressed in the next update. Thank you for bringing it up.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but in the next update can I get a “More & Lots More” Toggle option for all the items that spawn into the game on the Xbox One? I’m not sure how hard that would be to implement but..

The Mobile version of DS and DS Shipwrecked already has this (which is why I’m confused at its absence in DST) and I think it really could be useful in DST. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a health losing issue with Wurt returning from the caves

Not sure if it's only here, but the problem is still there (with sanity and hunger alongside the health).

Images below:

Spoiler

11.jpg

2 2.jpg

3 3.jpg

Edited by Sweaper
Images in the proper order
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but in the next update can I get a “More & Lots More” Toggle option for all the items that spawn into the game on the Xbox One? I’m not sure how hard that would be to implement but..

Those settings were disabled for consoles to pass certification test, iirc.

Consoles simply can't handle those more settings.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

Those settings were disabled for consoles to pass certification test, iirc.

Consoles simply can't handle those more settings.

Wait.. so my IPhone 6 is more powerful then my Xbox One??

that.... doesn’t quite sound right to me, especially when you look at technical masterpieces like Red Dead Redemption 2.

I think the more logical reason was “Achievements” consoles have them, mobile does not- but even given that.... I would LOVE an option to disable my Achievement earning in favor of a more customizable world.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait.. so my IPhone 6 is more powerful then my Xbox One??

that.... doesn’t quite sound right to me, especially when you look at technical masterpieces like Red Dead Redemption 2.

This thread should answer your question:

Edited by lakhnish
the word "thread"

16 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

This thread should answer your question:

These posts are from 2014... since then they have added boats, boat tools and an entire lunar Biome complete with lots of new creatures. I’m sure that validates that it’s possible... however they probably do not feel that it’s a priority because right now their top priorities are Reworks, Return of Them Content and the upcoming Winters Feast. :( still I would like some Official clarification as to if the thought of it will ever be further explored for console.

And again.. I repeat my argument, since then they have added tons of new skins, more creatures and Biomes, an actual sailable sea, character reworks with brand new skills.. animations and more.. 

so really what’s holding it back? (besides certification processes & potential upcoming unrevealed content)

• Sad 1