Need help with cleaning germ-infested water

Hello, everyone!

This is my first long-term world on Oxygen Not Included after its Launch Upgrade and I've been having a blast!

My problem has been with the Water Sieve, I was fooled to believe that it complete cleaned polluted water from germs, but this is not the case. From a few guides I've read they recommend using Liquid Tepidizers to warm up water and destroy germs. What I wanted to ask is, if I use this method: how can I use automation to make a small tank, where I will output my heated and cleaned water, at a very specific amount where it will then stop and use another liquid pump and from there it'll go in the Thermo Aquatuner and drop into my main, clean water tank.

Another method I wanted to ask any Oxygen Not Included player with experience is if I can skip the Liquid Tepidizers and use a Cool Steam Vent as a way of cleaning my germs-infested water, by that I mean: pipe the polluted water after it's been cleaned by the Water Sieve into the pool with the Cool Steam Vent and let it destroy the germs and afterwards with another liquid pump transfer it into my main, clean water tank.

If none of these 2 methods above are efficient, does anyone know any other way of cleaning the water?

Here are some pictures of my crappy, bad, poorly-made base:

Spoiler

Center of my base, included is my polluted water tank and "clean" water tank and a jumble of a mess called "Power Plant" room

5db614e9891d5_basecenter1.thumb.png.03bf81719fe32695c4552487caed1ac6.png

The upper level of my base, nothing of interest here.

5db614f6477ed_baseup1.thumb.png.199f21d3f4469625e8245a4095aba1ad.png

The Cool Steam Vent and a pre-built Thermo Aquatuner I made.

5db6150197e8c_baseveryup1.thumb.png.4f61d5a73ce54c069a2a5983765b1451.png

On the right of my base is the Salt Water Geyser and a pool of polluted water I had been transferring to my polluted water tank.

5db61503f2f48_baseright.thumb.jpg.f53f06e478cfe93a859d56b4363be228.jpg

I hope someone can help me, thank you in advance!

-mathem99

21 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

If none of these 2 methods above are efficient, does anyone know any other way of cleaning the water?

The best way of cleaning germs out of liquid is to store the liquid in liquid reservoirs, keep the liquid in the reservoir for approximately 200 seconds (1/3 cycle) in a chlorine atmosphere.

There are a few good builds for this around which will probably get posted before I get home to link it myself.

@chemiedoes have a point as food poisoning in water only affects a couple things and is actually beneficial when run through deoxidizers, but I personally do disinfect all germed water. 

13 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

The best way of cleaning germs out of liquid is to store the liquid in liquid reservoirs, keep the liquid in the reservoir for approximately 200 seconds (1/3 cycle) in a chlorine atmosphere.

Huh, neato! I'll try it, thank you.

14 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

@chemiedoes have a point as food poisoning in water only affects a couple things and is actually beneficial when run through deoxidizers, but I personally do disinfect all germed water. 

18 minutes ago, chemie said:

Why clean it? It is fine as is for all uses except mush bars and expresso machine

I was unaware that it was pointless trying to clean germs from water, if that's so I'll try making the liquid reservoirs beowulf2010 mentioned way later on when I have free time, I thank you both for telling me.

22 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Huh, neato! I'll try it, thank you.

I was unaware that it was pointless trying to clean germs from water, if that's so I'll try making the liquid reservoirs beowulf2010 mentioned way later on when I have free time, I thank you both for telling me.

Derp. I'm an idiot. I forgot I have my desktop bookmarks on my phone. Here's the link to Saturnus's post that is the one I use. 

There is a point in sanitizing water, it just depends on the intended use of the water.  For food poisoning germs to affect your dupes it has to be ingested (using contaminated water to make mushbars, or fill a water-cooler/expresso machine).  Otherwise we couldn't use sieved water in bathroom loops without sanitizing first.  Liquid reservoir surrounded by chlorine is the best option.  

I wanted to be sure that my polluted water was extra clean, so I used the above method and also the Septic Tank.

5db62927d5ae3_cleaner2.thumb.png.0b12a9a224d48c2c9eaf2e8917bd145e.png

5db6287fda573_cleaner1.thumb.png.9ffb7137cd99901da59f4f3256fe3a1b.png

I'm not sure if tonyroids is quite the same as the one i've made, but it cleans mostly, I've noticed that the 3rd tank in the series sometimes has 1-2k germs in it, so that's why I added the extra fail-safes.

Вот моя система очистки воды от бактерий. С права два элементных сенсора на воду. С лева микробный. Цель - сделать эту систему полностью автономной. Что позволяет увеличить количество выходной жидкости поставив рядом такой же ещё один бак. Которые не зависимы Друг от друга. Один бак - одна очистка. Если не понятно, могу кинуть ссылку на видео. Как-то так ..) всем добра)

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-05-53-591_com.miui.videoplayer.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-07-38-107_com.miui.videoplayer.png

Screenshot_2019-10-28-02-05-29-746_com.miui.videoplayer.png

1 hour ago, Craigjw said:

I'm not sure if tonyroids is quite the same as the one i've made, but it cleans mostly, I've noticed that the 3rd tank in the series sometimes has 1-2k germs in it, so that's why I added the extra fail-safes.

Tonyroid's is a good one, but I prefer the one in Saturnus's post within that thread that I directly linked to. 

1 hour ago, Other Micah said:

For food poisoning germs to affect your dupes it has to be ingested (using contaminated water to make mushbars, or fill a water-cooler/expresso machine).

Don't forget lice loaves as they need water too. Also, germs on mushbars are trivial once you have the grill, as turning them into mushfry will also kill off any germs present.

Archived