One question

9 hours ago, Z0366 said:

Not only that, you cant even use ethanol gas for cooking. So, yeah, if you dont have natural gas geysor, you have to either go space or tap the volcanos for sourgas and then natural gas. ONI logic

Isn't at least 1 NG geyser mandatory per map ?

By the way you can have NG also using oil refinery, oil well, or fertilizer synth. Indeed, it's not enough for a lot of power, but it should be enough for some high-tier meals, if it's your point.

54 minutes ago, OxCD said:

If your map contains Swamp Biomes, then yes you are guaranteed 1 uncovered NatGas Geyser.  Assuming map gen doesn't screw you over with another PoI overwriting it.  If you map contains Caustic Biomes, you have a 50/50 between a NatGas and a Chlorine.

Worth noting that it is entirely possible that the adjusted per second rate (accounting for eruption and activity cycles) for any given NatGas Geyser will be less than the 90 g/s required for 100% uptime on a NatGas Generator.

The natural gas from one oil well should give you more than enough gas for cooking in the early/mid stages of the game. Also fertilizer facilities and the oil refinery are early accessible sources of nat gas. But I was pretty worried too when I realized there was no nat gas geyser on my map

6 hours ago, OxCD said:

By the way you can have NG also using oil refinery, oil well, or fertilizer synth. Indeed, it's not enough for a lot of power, but it should be enough for some high-tier meals, if it's your point.

Sometimes they are so well hidden around the map it takes some effort to find them, especially if hidden in glacier where you cant find the blue neutronium easily through temperature layer

Realistically you dont need the natural gas until late in the game when you want to optimize your dupes morale, and by that time you should have most of the map explored. Going for high tier food before that is not at all a necessity since good foods like omelettes and bbq can be made on the grill anyway.

Of course if youre doing a specific challenge run or something then the random generation would be part of the challenge i think, but hey to each their own.

Also finding the neutronium you can do pretty easily by doing a large dig command as well since neutronium shows up red so thats not much of an issue.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:46 AM, Alexander Block said:

+ Oil Well
+ Oil Refinery
+ Fertilizer Synthesizer

Gas range takes 100g/s while cooking. You would need 3 oil well, or 1.1 oil refinery, or 10 fertilizer to support that, running constantly for a 20 dupe colony roughly.

1 hour ago, Z0366 said:

Gas range takes 100g/s while cooking. You would need 3 oil well, or 1.1 oil refinery, or 10 fertilizer to support that, running constantly for a 20 dupe colony roughly.

On standart mode for 20 dupes you need 5 spice tofu per cycle (ONY food calculator). One spice tofu cooked ~30-40 sec. You need 20 kg nat gas per cycle. For 5 tofu you need 27 nosh sprout + 5 pincha pepperplant with fertilizer (132 +25 кг fertilizer per cycle). Fertilizer synthesizer create per cycle 72 kg fertilizer + 6 kg nat gas. You need 3 fertilizer synthesizer to create 216 kg fertilizer + 18 kg nat gas.
Also, do not forget about the oil well and oil refinery.

46 minutes ago, Bluefoxfire said:

On the topic of Nat gas geysers, my world seed seems to have 4 of them. Oddly enough, they were found in pairs(so one spot had 2 next to each other and another spot had the same).

I can give you the world seed if you want to see it yourself.

Nice. I wouldn't mind taking a peek at the seed. I think I need to restart my base again due to issues I don't want to take the time to fix.

I remember finding a seed a few versions ago with 4 natural gas geysers all within a half screen of each other. I miss that world build seed... 

Archived