First off, what does SPOM stand for. I know what it is, but where did the acronym come from?

Second, what are the mechanics that allow you to create a 100% uptime SPOM? How do you keep even one from becoming overpressure?

I've seen designs for 100% uptime SPOMs but I haven't yet figured out how one keeps it from fully pressurizing it's room even from the start with 4 or more gas pumps right above and below it.

Self powering oxygen module

About the second question: two pumps positioned below for one electrolyser, a two tile barrier on one side of the electrolyzer, a pump on the other side for hydrogen. It's close to 100%

fun fact. SPOM was a thought experiment initially, to see if the energy content of hydrogen could sustain electrolysis. The person who came up with it every once in a while surfaces and talks about how there are more efficient designs.

It's a good staple though, can drop in anywhere and be on your way. Just don't stop innovating, once you've figured out how to set up a spom.

Check out the post linked by BB3, it should cover most of it:

(And, I forgot - sorry. If you build it like that with a tile on the top left, it seems it doesn't matter which side the hydrogen is on.)

(However, that is not possible with the rust deoxidizer.)

Archived