A QoL option I feel should be a thing.

I feel the need to post this. While there is a mod to help with this kind of issue. I feel like perhaps there should be an option to have something similar without the need for mods.

There should be some kind of setting in the options menu to tone down certain flashy color effects such as lightning or other such rapid color changing effects in DS/T.

For some people who suffer from epilepsy(or something similar) this would be a nice option to help prevent seizures or other triggered effects from this. I'm mainly speaking from lightning in particular, especially when Wickerbottom players spam The End is Nigh. Without the linked mod I actually had problems whenever a Wickerbottom player used that book a bunch, my stomach would turn and I'd feel like I'd want to vomit.
I've also heard issues related to the insanity filter in the ruins too causing something similar, being able to disable certain things like this would be nice for those with epilepsy problems.

I hope Klei considers this, I feel this is something that sould be a vanilla feature rather then depending on mods to do this.

We should be able to turn all the effects off or on if they don't impact the game.

I even used a mod that removed snow from my screen, it felt a bit cheaty considering you could see roads but it is much prettier to look at the map. Also maybe snow should make you slower depending on how much of it there is, if they introduce some mechanics behind it instead of just keeping it visual.

I don't understand why do i need to have a mod to disable insanity turning my whole screen gray, that was the biggest reason i didn't farm nightmare fuel enough, now i can be insane in game without making everything look ugly.

I wouldn't mind Klei adding it in the base game or taking my limiter verbatim.

They did it for some performance related doodads in Hamlet when I put my mod up for that related to the vines and such which benefits people more than those who subscribed to one of my mods.

17 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

They definitely should do this for Hurricane season.

Heck in Island Adventures I have to use the mod linked in the OP just to make it through hurricane season without my stomach wanting to turn inside out.

That frequent lightning is another trigger for me.

Archived