Steam Vent Tamer

You are tempshifting your insulated plates.... Maybe it matters more to my OCD than to anything else, but it really irks me when I see people do it. Either a tile is insulated because you want it to change temps as little as possible, or you tempshift it because you want it to equalize as fast as possible. 

More pertinent to your build is that you shouldn't to feed turbines more than 200C steam, and you do just that. I get that you do it because you want to avoid overpressurization, but surely there's a better way.

6 minutes ago, biopon said:

You are tempshifting your insulated plates.... Maybe it matters more to my OCD than to anything else, but it really irks me when I see people do it. Either a tile is insulated because you want it to change temps as little as possible, or you tempshift it because you want it to equalize as fast as possible. 

More pertinent to your build is that you shouldn't to feed turbines more than 200C steam, and you do just that. I get that you do it because you want to avoid overpressurization, but surely there's a better way.

I don't feed turbines steam higher than 200C and the tempshift are there to even the steam temperature near the inlets to get more accurate reading on the thermo sensor.

This is using a very different design philosophy than mine. My design is cheaper for a given power output, but it pays for that with a bit more variability. Now, I think a big part of that comes from the peculiarities of my steam vent: it gives a bit more steam than one turbine can handle and it’s very close to the edge of the map so I only really had one side of it to work with. 

I understand now why mathmanican is so obsessed with waterfalls and bead pumps :D

Maximizes power; the two turbines on the side only activate with 200C steam and the one in the middle only if steam is not too hot or if there is too much steam there. Could adjust depending on how much steam the geyser produces on average. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Xaekai said:

If you want to increase the thermal mass of the room without compromising the insulation, regular drywall is an alternative to plates for the spots directly adjacent to the insulated tiles.

That's a very good point, I completely forgot about using drywalls for anything but the space biome, and to make my kitchen look pretty.

EDIT:

Alright, I replaced the first row with granite drywall and although the sensor accuracy dropped a bit its nothing serious and it solves the "temp shifting insulated tiles" problems.

Spoiler

51FB19BCEB4D0E8F486FB3ED788FB83896941E20

Thanks a lot!

Archived