Why can't we break the Fuelweaver's bone cage?

This is just a thought I had, but with one of the recent patches negating cheesing the Ancient Fuelweaver's bone cages, why can't we break it? It could give a slower, albeit cheaper way to fight the fuelweaver and not rely so heavily on Explorers. Give them 300-500 health to break them down and I'm sure players would be happy to have this alternative.

12 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Shame that it's dropped by the very thing you're trying to kill. 

The devs once said in an old stream, when talking about dragonfly, that they like the idea that the boss fight is very hard initially, but after you've done it, its a little easier.

Specifically they were referring to dragonfly dropping scales and letting you get the scaled armor for the next fight, so the enraged dfly tantrum doesnt insta kill you. I suppose this mechanic has been applied to FW as well (and maybe other bosses too)

I find the thurible cage dodge pretty fair. It is Lazy Explorer heavy the first time, but once you get the thurible you will need the explorer way less, which does help on worlds with one Mac. Couple that with the armor and helm and the fuelweaver is a bit more manageable then it typically is.

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Fruit for thought: if you build a Lazy Deserter in the fuelweaver fighting arena and have a Wortox teleport out of the bonecage and activate it (or someone else with a lazy explorer), can he teleport other players out of their cages to the deserter if players use desert stones?

I mean, if you have a Wortox teammate for the fight, fuelweaver is going to be pretty easy anyways

22 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Fruit for thought: if you build a Lazy Deserter in the fuelweaver fighting arena and have a Wortox teleport out of the bonecage and activate it (or someone else with a lazy explorer), can he teleport other players out of their cages to the deserter if players use desert stones?

Or

You can make a really powerful sanity station on a corner of the arena, place a lazy deserter in the middle, and leave a friendly WES to be the mvp and just stay there wearing a bee queen helmet and channeling the deserter throughout the whole fight, so whenever the players need to, teleport to safety next to WES.

Its a safezone, where the players can escape the cage and highfive Wes for a morale boost.

#WESZONE

Archived